• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Being fast paced just makes more sense for a mech game imo. Have you seen how fast mecha anime gets?

And there's plenty of examples of the opposite as well. Gundam alone pretty much covers the whole range from grounded and gritty stuff with 08th ms team and IBO, to middle of the road stuff with the later OYW shows as tech advances to the utterly ridiculous stuff with Gundam 00 and Gundam Wing

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
There's plenty of more grounded mech anime stuff as well.

I hope it's not too fast paced. Mechs should feel weighty because they are hulking metal beasts. Zipping around really removes any sense of weight or scale for me. There's a nice middle ground to be struck. Weighty but not clunky.
Keep in mind if something is flying in space there's not really a way to be weighty. That's the thing people keep forgetting about the "zipping around" critique. If you're seeing a mecha going super fast it is usually doing so in a zero-G envrionment.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
everyone else: eternal arguing about whether armored core should be slow and plodding or gundam zwee fighting
me: can I adjust the angles of the flaps to get a stability bonus

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind if something is flying in space there's not really a way to be weighty. That's the thing people keep forgetting about the "zipping around" critique. If you're seeing a mecha going super fast it is usually doing so in a zero-G envrionment.

You're confusing gravity and mass. Lack of gravity doesn't make you Mass less, your giant mech isn't going to accelerate any more instantly than it would on Earth, and it will still have the same inertia when it wants to stop or change direction. However, the lack of a visual anchor in space does make it more difficult to convey speed and velocity changes (hence the usual space dust in space games).

You're also confusing speed and acceleration. A mech can still go super fast on Earth if it accelerates enough, and the issue at high speed won't be gravity but air resistance, which would cause drag and heat, however that's usually ignored in mech fiction.

I genuinely can't believe that it's being compared to a PS3 game.

Eh, someone earlier was also comparing it to a PS2 game. There'll always be those people when it's not a AAA game.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Hope we get a real push for this once it's announced. I would love re releases of the old games, especially the expansions like last raven an for answer.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those screenshots lmao. Look like a PS3 game.
I literally played Armored Core games on my PS3 and this is a laughable statement.

hqdefault.jpg

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I swear I heard about this before from Shpeshal Nick so I had to drag through previous podcasts to find it.

Hecantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

Honestly there's nothing there regarding Armored Core that could be considered a leak.

Check the OP of this thread, the Armored Core part. Miyazaki has been talking about it since 2016, the doubt was if it was still in development or if it was canned but iirc Omnipotent apparently said it was fine not that long ago (I don't think I ever saw this post personally, but I remember seeing people mentioning it, maybe it was on a discord or something idk).

Remains to be seen if there's any truth about that PS5 game.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly there's nothing there regarding Armored Core that could be considered a leak.

Check the OP of this thread, the Armored Core part. Miyazaki has been talking about it since 2016, the doubt was if it was still in development or if it was canned but iirc Omnipotent apparently said it was fine not that long ago (I don't think I ever saw this post personally, but I remember seeing people mentioning it, maybe it was on a discord or something idk).

Remains to be seen if there's any truth about that PS5 game.

he needed the opportunity to plug his fanboy website/podcast

theLusitanian

Nov 3, 2017
Sorry for the needless bump, but this thread has been picked up by outside websites and I then noticed, I don't think Armored Core has had this long of a hiatus. I am absolutely hyped as to what we could potentially get!

AhiKuma

Banned
Sep 28, 2021
Sorry for the needless bump, but this thread has been picked up by outside websites and I then noticed, I don't think Armored Core has had this long of a hiatus. I am absolutely hyped as to what we could potentially get!

Assuming it comes out next year it's pretty much been a decade since the last AC title.

Feb 19, 2018
Talking about Armored Core and assuming there are a bunch of people here now interested in the IP but who have never played any AC title, there is a pretty good translated Armored Core manga available online as a quick appetizer, named Armored Core: Tower City Blade.

Last edited:

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Why do y'all even entertain people who liken tiny, compressed, watermarked screens of a game supposedly in development to something as blatantly inflammatory/attention-deprived as "lol PS3 graphics" ...?

That fruit is rolling along the floor it's hanging so low. Just let the trolls drift into solitary silence.

Nov 7, 2017
I really hope we're getting a modern Armored Core. My very first game on PS2 was Armored Core 2. I sank SO many hours into that game.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
Considering FROM feel on top of their game right now with Elden Ring, I'm more excited than ever to see them go back to mechs.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Ah now that they've released their little side project they can focus their attention on their actual best franchise :)

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing what's in Elden Ring makes me all the more excited what they can do with giant robots doing cool shit.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, probably AC reveal around E3 and ER dlc reveal before end of this year. Exciting times for FromSoft fans.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
From usually reveals their next game in the E3 after they have released their previous project so I'm expecting to hear about this is in SGF

Jun 24, 2019
I'm sure Microsoft, Sony, and of course Keighley, are all pushing to have the next FromSoft game at whatever their summer show looks like.
Yeah, probably AC reveal around E3 and ER dlc reveal before end of this year. Exciting times for FromSoft fans.
From usually reveals their next game in the E3 after they have released their previous project so I'm expecting to hear about this is in SGF

Good stuff!

I am pretty excited for the new AC and the projects they have in store.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'm more curious about this game more than ever.

Wonder if the game doesn't have a recepcion (in sales and with critics) From will stop making non Souls type games.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. Never played an Armored Core game but kinda interested in giving I the series a shot.

Dark Matter

Apr 24, 2022
I'm not sure if I've looked past on any info about this but since the screenshots were leaked, what about the gameplay videos ~30ish seconds long?

(Im assuming smth to do with the heavy watermarks? I've been pretty impatient for some news, it's been too long without a decent Mecha game)

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm not sure if I've looked past on any info about this but since the screenshots were leaked, what about the gameplay videos ~30ish seconds long?

(Im assuming smth to do with the heavy watermarks? I've been pretty impatient for some news, it's been too long without a decent Mecha game)
I didn't save the videos (don't know how, didn't have the time to look how at the time.)