• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
In terms of design they are cool, mechanically however a lot of them are basically the same approach to fight: find the attack patterns, dogde or defend and attack when there is an opening.

In terms of mechanics i have to give to the Zelda series, because every boss is a puzzle where you have to use different tools, rather than draw your sword and go at it.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
While the graphics don't hold up, at the time Vagrant Story had some great boss intros. I always thought they did a great job with selling attitude, like Dullahan "drawing the line" for you to cross.

No More Heroes had some great personality in its bosses, the Castlevania series can deliver, and of course the Souls' series games just ooze cool with almost all of 'em.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
MMO bosses have spoiled me, they make Dark Souls fights look simple, but as far as single player games go, i think From is the best for sure, with Capcom & Monster Hunter a close second.

Mar 22, 2019
Agreed. Yhorm - in DS3 while not particualy hard is weighted with a really sad backstory, beautiful animations and has meaning to a great quest in the game.