• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Full disclosure: I have never played this game.

Several months back, I added Frog Fractions to my Steam wishlist after hearing that it's a (edit) completely regular math game that "must" be played and that it has some spoilers to it that I have somehow never been spoiled on. Half an hour ago, I received an email that it is now available (for free, obviously). So get in there and join me for a first play! Or ... revisit the game that has been deemed a cult classic for reasons that I will discover myself.

Oct 29, 2017
I was just thinking the other day about what was going to happen to the original if it was a browser game running on flash, though I suspected it is too famous to not be preserved properly I didn't know it was on steam.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
Did you know that at the end of the year, not only is Adobe End-of-Lifing Flash, but they'll also be forcibly blocking all Flash applications from running?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Era, should I get Hop's Iconic Cap? Is it more or less iconic than Aiden's?

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Been awhile since I played this. I've played a bit now and it all seems the same... yet... Hmm...

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The hat is a real game changer!
I always thought that Hop's head looked a little cold, so I'm glad I was able to play knowing he was nice and warm.

Oct 29, 2017
The hat is very iconic

nal bar xabj ubj gb orng gur svany snagnfl obff rapbhagre? V xrrc univat n cnegl zrzore qvr juvpu erfgnegf gur jubyr guvat. Gurer frrzf gb or ab jnl gb urny, naq puvccvat njnl qnzntr ba gur obff qbrfa'g jbex

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Just so I'm clear. If I played the flash version there is no need to play this release outside of it being playable without flash.

And the hat thing is just a hat and more of a "support the Devs" thing?

Oct 29, 2017
The hat is so nice and shiny.
ubj qb v trg guebhtu gur ryrpgevpny jverf va gur cbfg tnzr? V'z nffhzvat gung'f jurer gur arkg gncr vf...

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm definitely going to be buying that iconic cap tonight. I'm not one for DLC usually, but that cap is just pulling me in.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, you know what? You convinced me. That hat is pretty cool.

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Extremely good game. Not biased for having worked on it or anything. Definitely recommend the hat. It isn't complete without the hat.

Jim is an absolutely lovely person, by the way. Buy all his shit, give him podcast money for topic lords, play Frog Fractions until you've fractioned all of them.

Is this Frog Fractions 4?

Yeah, PC Gamer posted a bit with Jim today about that.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
so is the "hat mode" good? I haven't played Glittermitten Grove yet but recall seeing some disappointment with FF2/3/however you count it

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Just finished it with the hat DLC and that hat adds so much to the game.

That was really fantastic. Got to the "fin", is there more after it?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Every time someone mentions Frog Fractions I immediately think "you mean Number Munchers?"

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
holy shit what

is it different at all??

don't tell me

edit: so is the GOTG version any different, or only different if you buy the hat?