• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I've never really watched nascar but it was something on so I caught the last few laps. The leader Ryan Newman was a few seconds away from winning when his car flipped in one of the worst accidents I've ever seen. They arent giving updates.
streamable.com

Insane Daytona 500 finish

Watch "Insane Daytona 500 finish" on Streamable.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate drive-by posting
As someone who knows very little about this, it doesn't look that bad.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yea, I saw it live.

The lack of any information isn't a good sign. They had black tarps blocking the view and told the media to apparently leave the pits.

Speculating is bad, but I'm having a horrible feeling about this.

Oct 25, 2017
can only hope the best for him and swift recovery, the black screens is not encouraging, but i will remain hopeful and everything, please recovery.

was scary

Blaney sounded like he was going to cry even, hope he gets through this two, is one of my three favorites, just a great guy overall and everything.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Being upsidedown is relatively normal for NASCAR. Getting hit by another car going as fast as you were, on the driver side, while upsidedown, however... hate how bad this looks.

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't a pile-up is what they probably meant by it didn't look that bad.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who knows very little about this, it doesn't look that bad.

Hit the wall going ~190 mph, then got a direct hit to the driver side cage from another car going ~200 mph.

It's looking like he wasn't able to get out of his car on his own, the fact they just ended the broadcast with no indication he is conscious or alert is bad.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I don't watch NASCAR at all, so what's regulation on that? Is there any rule against bumping someone like that? That seems pretty deliberate and awful.

I really hope he's alright

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Absolutely looks like the fault of the driver of the FedEx car. Quit playing damn bumper cars out there, kept hitting the Peak car until it lost control.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell if the car hit him on the driver side or passenger side after he hit the wall?

edit: upon a few rewatches, I am pretty sure he got tboned on driver side.

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this story before.

I loved Dale and 2001 was devastating,

I am hoping with all that I have that this isn't a repeat of that but I'd be lying if I didn't get a similar kind of vibe to that day. Right down to going off the air not knowing anything to the subdued celebration and everyone being distraught.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They put a screen up when they extracted him. Scary. Saw it live but it wasn't until replay I saw how bad it really was.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Hit a wall going 200mph, then flips and gets tboned on the driver side by another car going 200mph, then skids with sparks and shit flying inside the car. There is a lot of shit there that could kill someone.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
They get so fucking greedy at the end of these races, they can't accept to let people win. They gotta bump and break the rules and cause dangerous accidents.
I don't watch NASCAR at all, so what's regulation on that? Is there any rule against bumping someone like that? That seems pretty deliberate and awful.

I really hope he's alright

Bump drafting was banned in 2018, so yea, dude is probably going to get strict penalties.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reports are that he's being rushed to the hospital. At least that means he's still alive after that. Hitting the wall twice at 200mph is bad enough, having another car hit you going 200 is deviating. Hope he ends up okay.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
I hope he's OK because that t-bone hit was vicious.

Was the driver in the day-glo car doing something wrong when he made contact? I know that Nascar is more of a contact sport but what did he expect would happen when he nudges someone on the back corner of their car at that speed?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope he made it out alive, but it doesn't look good. If he is alive, he's in surgery or something.

Gigamear

Jun 23, 2018
twitter.com

Joe Kepner on Twitter

“Heard crowd cheering but couldn’t see much. One of Newman’s crew said he didn’t know if he was okay as he walked by. A Penske employee told me he is awake. #Daytona500 https://t.co/KdQyphdFYc”