• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
God what a youth ruiner this shit was. You couldn't talk to a guy while smiling without dealing with the consequences for weeks. They don't care about the "subtle" hints.
  • Haha yeah
  • Cool
  • I'll think about it
  • Lol
They see this as a challenge, not a sign.
When it gets to the point of no return where the direct rejection has to happen, he tells his friends "I was friendzoned". Fucking what? Yeah dude, you're the victim of me. A++. I had to read your cringy shit and get so creative with excuses that I have to keep up with two different stories and lives.

"Why don't you just be honest with him?" Yeah that don't work. It just leads to watching a man get so pathetic and low in front of me, it makes me question my sexuality.

Friendzone is an excuse for guys so they can direct the blame to girls instead of themselves. It made me dread high school classes. I can feel his breathing over my shoulder despite him being across the classroom. I just know he's going to try to talk to me when we're walking to the hallway.

I'm married and that part of my life is past me though tonight I witnessed a poor young girl dealing with the same thing at the table next to us. She was trying to relate to a guy she was eye fucking but another guy stayed in the middle of the conversation and ruined the vibe. The look of defeat in her eyes hurt my soul. He couldn't stop trying.

Why must you hurt her?

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Why is this 2012 concept being mentioned agian 9n the internet

Havnt heard the phrase since middle school till this week

Thought evreyone came to know that it was fake

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
You shouldn't feel bad for friendzoning people. Nobody wants to fuck everybody they meet or interact with. You shouldn't take it personal.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But what about SER FRIENDZONE!?

220px-Jorah_Mormont-Iain_Glen.jpg

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Why is this 2012 concept being mentioned agian 9n the internet

Havnt heard the phrase since middle school till this week

Thought evreyone came to know that it was fake
Its not fake, its a way to describe rejection that softens the blow for the rejected person. We used to say "he/she's just not that into you" or "they ain't feelin you". Same thing.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Do you need protection for eye fucking?

"Friend zoning" is a pathetic concept and I'm happy that I see less of that bullshit these days.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I'm incredibly glad I wasn't that sort of person in high school, for the years I went.

The very concept is stupid. If You're her friend, and if you can't handle just being friends with someone you find attractive then you're going to have bigger problems in life.

Oct 29, 2017
Women aren't a monolith. The frienzone doesn't exist for you but one of my best friends since childhood definitely uses guys who she 100% knows she will never give the time of day for favors/gifts/companionship.

She my peoples tho so I don't judge and I see those guys as pathetic. She's does string them a along tho🤷🏿‍♂️.

This October she had a guy take her to Busch Gardens Halloween event thingy because her bf backed out at the last min. She texted me about how the guy was tryna use the trip to escape the friend zone but she wasn't having it. She allowed him to sleep in the same bed as him at the room but made him get a second blanket lol.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the Friendzone existed long, long, long before we even had a dumb word for it

the Friendzone has existed for people who didn't know they were in it, and I and many others have seen this, for many years now

saw it in the 80s

I have spoken

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Women aren't a monolith. The frienzone doesn't exist for you but one of my best friends since childhood definitely uses guys who she 100% knows she will never give the time of day for favors/gifts/companionship.

She my peoples tho so I don't judge and I see those guys as pathetic. She's does string them a along tho🤷🏿‍♂️.

This October she had a guy take her to Busch Gardens Halloween event thingy because her bf backed out at the last min. She texted me about how the guy was tryna use the trip to escape the friend zone but she wasn't having it. She allowed him to sleep in the same bed as him at the room but made him get a second blanket lol.
See I've never thought of this as the friend zone. This is just getting played.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I get your point 100% but that's not really what I'd call the friend zone more like you knew a bunch of creepers which I'm sure was not any fun.

the Friendzone existed long, long, long before we even had a dumb word for it

the Friendzone has existed for people who didn't know they were in it, and I and many others have seen this, for many years now

saw it in the 80s

I have spoken
This is the way

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston

Wow this is really shitty

OP
OP
Dixie Flatline

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans

She's just trying to see how far she can go before breaking him. He is her experiment. It's shitty of her but the guy is too gullible to feel bad for.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Uhhhhhhh.

Yeah let's just say the concept only happens to guys...

It's all about feeling like you might be close to someone you like and having them reject.

Rejection is ok. Friendzoning is ok. It's a fucking concept that you feel something more for someone that isn't reciprocated.

But yeah, let's just say that all guys who get rejected are trash for trying!! Progress peeps.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I spend a lot of time with my best friend leaning on her shoulder and just existing. I feel sorry for people who can't be around others without the need to fuck them.

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I friendzone every female I meet nowadays because having friends of the opposite gender can give you valuable insight on whatever challenges might come up in life. Also they usually have cleaner places where we can hang out.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017

lol that second blanket
dog that is manipulation
if it works tho.... aint my life

Oct 27, 2017

That's not friend zone thats ruthless manipulation god damn.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize the concept of a communication failure between two individuals on their relationship preferences was invented in 2012.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I think there's a really interesting evolution to the word "friendzone". I'm not sure it's origins, but when I first became aware of it ~2003 I don't remember it being all that negative. In my world as an immature young guy I only really remember it being used to indicate that you, as the guy, didn't make a move to ask the girl out, and even then it was only really used as a humorous, ironic thing. Sort of like "well man, you never asked her out, so no wonder she didn't go out with you- and you ended up with a friend, your life is terrible."

Then some time post college after the term had fallen out of style in my world I became aware of this really dark undertone. When I checked back in I found it was used to describe this really mean spirited act that guys do to shift the blame on the girl. That was also around the time that nice guy was turning into "Nice Guy". It felt so weird at the time, but then suddenly I realized it was everywhere and that all my female friends had experienced the righteous indignation of a guy yelling at them about the Friendzone.

This is just my experience with the term and probably isn't reflective of larger society. I find it interesting how language evolves and is captured and adopted for menacing purposes by a toxic culture.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Uhhhhhhh.

Yeah let's just say the concept only happens to guys...

It's all about feeling like you might be close to someone you like and having them reject.

Rejection is ok. Friendzoning is ok. It's a fucking concept that you feel something more for someone that isn't reciprocated.

But yeah, let's just say that all guys who get rejected are trash for trying!! Progress peeps.
No one's saying that guys are trash for trying.

The point is that you express your intentions and gracefully accept the consequences.

Granted, a lot of this requires the ability to read the room, and some folks aren't fantastic at that.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's just trying to see how far she can go before breaking him. He is her experiment. It's shitty of her but the guy is too gullible to feel bad for.
No, it's manipulative and shitty. You are right about the friendzone being bullshit though. It's just called someone not being romantically interested in you, which is fine and people need to learn how to deal with.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

That's called keeping someone on the hook.

More manipulative than the friend zone.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
The fuck? When did this become ok?

You make a thread about the "friendzone" and then say it's ok to emotionally manipulate men instead? Cmon now, this ain't how it's done.
No one's saying it's OK to manipulate people. She's clearly being shitty.

But I don't understand why the guy's showering this girl with gifts and trips when they're not even dating.

I don't feel bad for him at all. He knows what he's doing and he knows it's not working, yet he's persisting for some reason.

OP
OP
Dixie Flatline

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
The fuck? When did this become ok?

You make a thread about the "friendzone" and then say it's ok to emotionally manipulate men instead? Cmon now, this ain't how it's done.
Ha ha! Gullible people deserve to be manipulated! Awesome thread
No, it's manipulative and shitty. You are right about the friendzone being bullshit though. It's just called someone not being romantically interested in you, which is fine and people need to learn how to deal with.
If a girl invites you to sleep with her and then requires you to sleep with an extra blanket, you need to walk out. That is beyond insulting. Yeah, she's shitty for doing that. 100% shitty. Though if a guy actually continues to sleep in that bed, holy cow. He needs to look in a mirror asap. That's when you tell her off and walk out.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I agree a lot with a video I saw saying people put themselves on the friendzone.
See someone you like? Make your intentions clear and once rejected let it go, stop trying pretending to be a friend, expecting things to change. So yeah friend zone is an excuse, it's responsibility shifting.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I don't get it, maybe I'm missing some connotation here.

There are people of the opposite sex who you want to be friends with but not intimate with. How does that not exist?

Also, I would think the earlier you establish it, the easier it is. If you put up with it for years, well there's going to be build up and false hopes. If you nip it in the bud, maybe the guy (or girl) still has like false hope but at least you set the ground rules, and hopefully it's less pathetic that way? I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.