• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pick my new identity (username and avatar)

• KomodoHype

Votes: 805 55.3%
  • ResidentSleeper

Votes: 171 11.7%
  • Kappa

Votes: 196 13.5%
  • 4Head

Votes: 107 7.3%
  • Kreygasm

Votes: 172 11.8%
  • WutFace

Votes: 152 10.4%
  • Suggested emote

Votes: 72 4.9%

• Total voters

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize gootecks was a maga pos. Then again my primary exposure to him is a few episodes of excellent adventures with Mike Ross.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
latest

PuckChamp!

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because all it takes is for the alt-right to adopt any meme or iconography and then everyone else has to walk on eggshells trying to figure out if a random Twitch user using this:

is some gamergate terrorist ready to be the next school shooter. They're not. I understand where you're coming from, but this is not the same as Gootenks. If the creator of Pepe was a Gamergate shitheel like Notch than I'd agree on not using it. Most of the Pepe alt-right images are linked with nazi imagery and Pepe doing violent acts. Pepe has been tarnished, but allowing them to win is the problem. You denounce those individuals for doing so and hopefully, everyone else won't attempt to use Pepe imagery in the same way.

If you haven't seen the documentary on it I recommend that you give it a watch. Probably won't change your mind, but it did for me.
This. I really HATE ERA's defeatist attitude when it comes to stuff like this. Fuck them, don't let alt right fucks steal everything from us.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
How about Era enables animated avatars and make it CatJAM.

4nIycSx.gif
4nIycSx.gif
4nIycSx.gif
4nIycSx.gif
Era should absolutely allow GIFs as avatars. If they're worried about GIFs that are too annoying or that can cause seizures, they could require a moderator to approve any GIF avatar before they go online or something.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
A name/avatar outside of the Twitch realm would be pretty cool seeing as they attract absolute shitheads even on leftist streams (pogchamp was removed, let's fucking spam every other Gootecks emoteβ€” looking at your chat Hasan.)

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've also been wondering why he never changed his avatar.

Guess he's still a fan.