• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doom Eternal or Animal Crossing: New Horizons?

• Doom Eternal

Votes: 161 23.5%
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Votes: 263 38.4%
  • Both

Votes: 180 26.3%
  • None of them

Votes: 81 11.8%

• Total voters

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
AC immediately, especially as I'm diving into Alyx on Monday. Very very eager to play Doom too, but that'l be in a week or so.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
AC is already preloaded. Can't wait to dig in with my fiancée while being confined at home !

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
They're like the perfect compliments to each other… Doom on PC and portable Animal Crossing.

Like Peanut Butter and Chocolate.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Pre-ordered digital version of AC and got Doom Eternal as a gift. So both! Can't wait for Friday!

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
Voted neither. Playing through Infinite Adventures now so really no need for a new game.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Animal Crossing by itself first, needs my full attention for the first few days. Will pick up Doom late next week then

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Both, but AC is preloaded already so I'll play that for sure on Friday. I have Doom preordered with Amazon but they haven't shipped it yet and who knows when they ever will with what's happening. Not all that bothered if I don't get it day one though, I have plenty of time right now lmao.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Neither. I'd buy Doom if I was forced to choose though and it's one of the games I'm most excited to play when I get a new PC and/or feel the urge to start playing games regularly again.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing easily. Nintendo game, it will hardly get a discount in the future.

Doom Eternal might be awesome, but in a year or two I will get it for $20 or lower with the DLCs included. Besides, the original Doom scratches my need to slaughter demons.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
AC on Day 1. Perfect for me right now.
Doom for probably 50-60% off in June (even though I love Doom)

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I was trying to sell my XB1S on Facebook marketplace a week ago, but got offered a Switch as a straight 1:1 trade instead....so I guess I'm buying a fucking Nintendo game for $80 CAD (this is why I put off buying a Switch for so long), because I know it probably won't get any cheaper any time soon. Which means, I'll probably wait on a sale for Doom Eternal....but I also don't have that much will power, so I'll probably buy both of them sooner rather than later, especially if something happens and I can't go to work anymore.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna buy either of em.

Because they're both already preloaded. WOOOO LET'S GOOO FRIDAY

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Both.

Though I'm not buying Doom right away. I'll wait a few months probably. I'm working on finishing Doom 2016 currently.

Aug 27, 2018
I was just talking with a friend about this, I've been super stressed out because my job has closed indefinitely, I'm trying to find temp work while also applying for unemployment and like...I don't feel like I need more stress. I'm going for Animal Crossing, I love Doom 2016 (it was my Game of the Year that year) but I don't really feel like dealing with the anxiety of running around while chasing demons getting fired at etc...I think I'm already on edge enough. I'll pick it up some time this year though.

Oct 30, 2017
Neither. Had my fill of Doom in 2016 and don't have a Switch anymore, not that I'm interested in AC.

I'm playing Ori WotW and will move on to Nioh 2 after that.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Eternal for Switch is coming god know when. I'll wait. Slaying demons on the go much more fun than doing it at home.

Just AC for now.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I already got AC preloaded. I'm definitely getting DOOM, but now that I have a new PC, I'm going to finish my play through of Metro Exodus, before buying Doom on PC instead of Xbox like I originally planned to.

Also, ray tracing looks fantastic.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
AC day one because it's the type of cute escapism I need right now and Nintendo games never go down in price. Doom later when it's like 20 bones on PC

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
Would've bought Doom, but my country is on lockdown and I'm not going digital at full price.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Animal Crossing, but I do plan on getting Doom Eternal when the Switch version comes out

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I decided to give AC a go. Seems like something that is perfect to play right now, given the state of things. Chill and I can play at my own pace.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Preloaded both. Well, Doom is going up tomorrow apparently but they already got my money. I'm sure these games will help this soft quarantine.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'll pick up Doom after a price drop. Couldn't give less of a shit about Animal Crossing, it's the same exact thing every time.