• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Article

Fresno City Council President Miguel Arias was issued three citations for misdemeanor battery Tuesday evening after a group with strong ties to shelter-in-place protests showed up on his doorstep.

Members of the group pursued a citizens arrest after videotaping Arias apparently pushing at least one of them. No one was injured, said Fresno police Lt. Anthony DeWall.

After the situation at Arias' downtown apartment had calmed, a group opposed to the city's shelter-in-place order went to Mayor Lee Brand's home. Brand said in a statement they had a peaceful discussion and he went back inside.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
"I stand behind my actions" fuck yeah you should. bruh if those freaks showed up at my house shit would have been different. Props to him for not apologizing and backing down despite getting citations.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Anti-shelter in place protests are funded by major right-wing think tanks and signal boosted by the Russians.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Conservatives getting the law on their side when it comes to stand your ground - when they've invaded someone's home - sounds about right for America.

Mjester

Banned
Mar 3, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Racist trolling in a sensitive thread; prior severe ban for sexism. Account in junior phase.
Pretty racist tho, attacking a black man.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
White people having a temper tantrum.
When you Google Citizens Arrest,

Karen meet Jerry

QUWNN22U2WO2ZT5E2MM34ZN7XE.jpg

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Any "lawsuit" they have planned will hopefully be scrapped when these morons end up in the hospital with COVID

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
It looked like the council member was on the public staircase of his apartment and shoved someone? Why was he shoving that guy? I think shelter-in-place protestors are barking up the wrong tree but you can't just put hands on people for no reason in public spaces.

Edit: I appear to be misinformed about property laws. Apologies :(

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so the Council member, whose home these 'protesters' showed up to, unannounced, is the one getting cited?
Would the online threats and then these morons with cameras showing up at his place not work in his defense, even if he shoved them while on the staircase. Last i checked, a stairwell on an apartment building isn't public property.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these morons.

Council member did nothing wrong.

Those staircases aren't public, they're part of his apartment building.

They crossed a lot of fucking lines.

You don't just show up to a FUCKING COUNCIL MEMBER'S apartment where his family is sheltering in place and pull this garbage.

Fuck these people, and fuck the police.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
I know the area, this is in a gated apartment complex. These people did not have any right to be on private property doing what they did. The council member should have called the cops instead of reacting and giving into them. Fresno cops and Fresno City employees have never seen eye to eye unless it was down the barrel of an officers gun. So no surprise they took a side in the situation instead of teach all those involved a lesson.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Going by past precedent of similar stories of people invading private property and acting threateningly towards someone, I have learned that the correct thing for the councilman to do in a case like this would be to pull out his gun and shoot the trespassers to death. Stand your ground, right? No problems whatsoever.

Oh, what's that? The councilman isn't white? Well fuck all that then, he should have just let all these people walk right into his apartment and berate him, rather than lightly pushing away someone approaching him acting like they're the new TMZ. Come on, councilman, where's your sense of decorum?!

Dr. Giggles

Oct 31, 2017
Glad to see my city in the news again for all the wrong reasons lol. Dude should've beat that ass. Fuck all of these right wing dirtbags.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
Good fucking lord Trumps base is full of some of the weakest willed motherfuckers on the planet.

Did I hear a grown ass man yell out "My fathers a lawyer!"? Lmao.

Also; is part of being a member of white supremacy groups like the GOP, local PDs, etc. the inability to fist fight?