• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, sort of. But I don't think its that big of a deal. The feeling was initially similar to that of playing Mario 64 for the first time, but that doesn't mean we stopped playing 3d games once the wow factor started to wear off. What filled in the gaps were better mechanics, engaging stories, and innovation within the space. For me, that means that it is hard to get excited about any old VR game at this point. It has to offer at least one of those other things and continue to do so going forward. There have been a few, for sure, and they honestly make it a little difficult to go backwards to earlier VR games. As long as we have developers willing to put the time and money into pushing the platform forward, there will always be something cool and interesting around the corner.

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The magic in VR wears off the same way it wears off from any non VR game once you know it's mechanics and how to do things... the inmersion never breaks tho

Fully completed the Skyrim VR game... and getting into Iron Man suit and start flying still made me feel the Gs

There should be some king of official screen protector for the PSVR lenses to avoid it being foggy in the summer.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Nah it hasn't, and I bought mine day one for RE7. PSVR keeps getting new awesome games, last one I got was Walking Dead Saint and Sinners which floored me with how good it was.

Also, Wipeout VR. Enough said, this one will never not be impressive :)

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
I still watch a different movie every week in VR, be it a 3D movie or something in IMAX format or just something with a theatre screen program, and the magic of that hasn't worn off to me.

Still new and good games coming out often enough, still plenty of old ones I still find impressed of worthwhile for their immersion and that hasn't worn off even if I'm not as wowed any more because it's no longer new.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Hasn't for me yet, going from a PSVR in early 2017 to Rift in 2018 to Quest+link in late 2019. And there's a shit ton of games I haven't played because I balance out my VR gametime with PS4, steam and Switch, but what I've experienced has never failed to impress. It's another tier of immersion and when down right is glorious.

Oct 30, 2017
I was an early adopter and the wires for me did my head in but I loved every moment of it.

Maybe in the future I'll pick it all up again with the advances in tech. But for now I can't justify the cost of the set up I want

But nope - didn't wear off and it was a reluctant sale

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
I tend to find with VR that you go through phases of playing then maybe not touching it again for a month or so. It always looks great when you eventually jump back in.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been doing it for seven years and no, the magic hasn't worn off. I have upgraded my experience over the years though, from wired to wireless, controller to hand and finger tracking, from sitting to full-body tracking at roomscale, and to better optics and more comfortable headsets.
I think once I upgrade from PSVR (which still occasionally wows me anyway) I'll enjoy it more. I really want to check out Half Life Alyx

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, don't think so. I've had VR on and off since the Oculus CV1 and Half Life Alyx still blew my mind.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Yeah. You will always get used to something. Nothing is as magical as the first moment, but the thing is, VR is so new that there are a lot of new moments. I keep getting wowed by new games or mechanics introduced in the game. While with non-VR games it takes a lot more to make me go wow.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was like that hump to 3D gaming, the first few times it wows you but later it doesn't since you're used to it but you still enjoy it as much if not more in different ways.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I would certainly like to see more high quality experiences on it, but the ones I have played have been amazing and the level of immersion doesn't go away.

Oct 25, 2017
Beat saber is very fun. Games are alright but the hardware itself is generally just uncomfortable right now. Can't play Half Life Alyx for more than 10 minutes and I have a headache. Not really feeling the magic. I think pointing the Wii remote at the tv was cooler lol

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Beat saber is very fun. Games are alright but the hardware itself is generally just uncomfortable right now. Can't play Half Life Alyx for more than 10 minutes and I have a headache. Not really feeling the magic. I think pointing the Wii remote at the tv was cooler lol

Been replaying SMG2 and using the pointer for Yoshi still feels amazing