• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Wait... I actually like the look of that. I was expecting them to be cartoony CGI, not have the hand-drawn look.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That actually doesn't look bad. I'm interested.

Oct 27, 2017
OK this looks waaay better than what I had in mind. Actually using violence and weapons is what I want.

Hopefully it is good. Tom and Jerry are one of my all time favourite cartoons.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that looks amazing. More live action movies should do this Roger Rabbit Looney Tunes style.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
TRADITIONAL ANIMATION? WEAPONS USAGE? YES PLEASE. DAY ZERO.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I wish there was a Tom and Jerry OT. The series has a long history through enough iterations to warrant one.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The character designs and the animation look really good.

Can't say anything about the rest. Probably won't be good.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, this looks better than that 1992 Tom and Jerry animated movie.

Which, I guess isn't a high bar to surpass.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
visually looks great just not sure I'm up for 90 minutes of this sort of slapstick

Has anyone ever tried to tackle the live action format by sticking to the "shorts" nature of these cartoons?? Like no overarching plot, just episode by episode plot with different celebrities every episode. I feel like this would potentially work in the era of binge streaming but it would definitely be a leap of faith.

I wish there was a Tom and Jerry OT. The series has a long history through enough iterations to warrant one.

Definitely my favorite Western cartoon of all time, warts and all. Might be interesting.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Live action mixed with 2d animation is something severely lacking these days so I may give it a chance

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Animation look really nice!

Loved the animated movie when I was a kid. The story was kind a really sad halfway though!

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
the-flying-cat-c2a9-mgm.jpg

It's a nod!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
If anything this just makes all of those cgi ones more disappointing. Think of if Garfield went this style instead.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone ever tried to tackle the live action format by sticking to the "shorts" nature of these cartoons?? Like no overarching plot, just episode by episode plot with different celebrities every episode. I feel like this would potentially work in the era of binge streaming but it would definitely be a leap of faith.
i mean that's literally hwo they used to run them, take shorts and add a few frame narrative bits. heck, even disney did it with winnie the pooh 78

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The human aspect of this movie is going to drive the whole production into the dirt isn't it?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like is using 3d models emualting 2d (as this would help a lot with the lighting of the characters) and roger rabbit still looks to this day like the charactets were in the same scene while this doesnt, when they had to go frame by frame actually drawing the real lights of the scene, which is still fucking bonkers work.

Oct 26, 2017
They're going the Roger Rabbit route?
How are they going to explain that? Is it gonna be like that awful Rocky and Bullwinkle movie where the characters came into our world from the animated world?

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Well, this looks better than that 1992 Tom and Jerry animated movie.

Which, I guess isn't a high bar to surpass.

As much as the movie was below-average, that song is a fucking earworm.

Heard it many years ago and just the words "Tom & Jerry Movie" brought it back into my head without even clicking the vid.