• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
A senior manager at the French Ministry of Culture has been charged with secretly administering diuretics to his female colleagues so he could watch them urinate.

The official is alleged to have then recorded the experiences in an Excel spreadsheet as well as secretly photographing his female colleagues' legs - in behaviour that spanned a 10-year period.

In French newspaper Libération several women, some of whom were being interviewed for jobs by him in his capacity as an HR manager, spoke of their humiliation at wetting themselves in front of him.

The case began in 2018 when the man, named in French media as Christian N, was spotted by a colleague secretly photographing a woman's legs during a meeting.

In the subsequent investigation, an Excel spreadsheet was found on his computer, listing more than 200 times he had spiked women with diuretics in the workplace.

He was sacked from the French civil service and the Paris Prosecutors Office opened an investigation.

He has now been charged with administration of harmful substances, sexual assault by a person abusing the authority conferred by his office, invasion of privacy by image fixing, violence by a person entrusted with a public service mission and violations of drug legislation.

He told reporters from Libération that it was "compulsive" behaviour which he is now receiving psychiatric care for.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this story in french twitter. Girls going to interview, being offered a drink, then a walk through the offices then he cornered them to watch them piss themselves.

What a fucking creep

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like, I was at first thinking from the title that this was gonna be a one off shitty prank, but holy shit.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
In the subsequent investigation, an Excel spreadsheet was found on his computer, listing more than 200 times he had spiked women with diuretics in the workplace.

I wonder (no I don't) how detailed his spreadsheet was and what things he was keeping track of.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
That's insane. What makes someone think, "Yeah this makes sense, let me make a spreadsheet of this too". What the fuck.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017

I wonder (no I don't) how detailed his spreadsheet was and what things he was keeping track of.
From the original article:

"(In the spreadsheet), he also kept pictures and, for those who have had his "experiments", he notes their reactions to diuretics, the time of taking the medicine and the place where the urge to urinate is triggered."

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I expected some office mischief of making people run to the toilet not.... this

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the sort of horrible thing I would find ludicrous in fiction, glad they finally caught him but the 10 year history is terrifying.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I saw this story in french twitter. Girls going to interview, being offered a drink, then a walk through the offices then he cornered them to watch them piss themselves.

What a fucking creep
Wait wait, I figured from the article he like, spiked the drink they then had to go to the toilet and he photographed their legs there.
But he let them piss themselves in front of him???

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Wait wait, I figured from the article he like, spiked the drink they then had to go to the toilet and he photographed their legs there.
But he let them piss themselves in front of him???
This is how it happened:

After a brief discussion, he suggested that the candidates go out to visit the district, in the heart of Paris. Heading for the Louvre, the Place des Victoires, the Tuileries... To work at the Ministry of Culture, you must become familiar with heritage. This was the beginning of a Way of the Cross, some of which lasted more than three hours. Because the diuretic is starting to work and the plan is well established: Christian N. will choose a route to isolate his victims and keep them away from cafés or museums where they could find toilets. "After a while, the urge was too strong, I asked him for a technical break," remembers Karine (1). The man directs their stroll towards the banks of the Seine. "I felt my stomach swelling, I was on the verge of fainting. Under a bridge, I pulled down my pants and panties, and I urinated. Meanwhile, he was holding his coat in front of me to hide me and looking at my face." In the Excel table, Christian N. recounts Karine's "experience" without her knowledge and notes: "She is starting to drop pantyhose and panties (black). She squats down and releases a very strong and long jet." The young woman explains that she is on the verge of fainting. During her interview in the streets of Paris, Elise also remembers this "dazzling urge to urinate". "I tell him clearly that I don't feel well. I'm falling apart in pain. People have gathered around us," says Elise. He told passers-by that he was HR Director at the Ministry, then offered to urinate behind a construction site hut and hide with his jacket. I refused." She will wait until they return to the ministry to use the toilets at the reception desk

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
You almost have to admire the dedication to being a nutcase, hundreds of times is just nuts and the spreadsheet is just the cherry on top.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
He has now been charged with administration of harmful substances, sexual assault by a person abusing the authority conferred by his office, invasion of privacy by image fixing, violence by a person entrusted with a public service mission and violations of drug legislation.
Good. Throw the entire book at him. Holy fuck what a gross motherfucker.

This is how it happened:
Seven hells... yeah he actually deliberately made sure that they couldn't find a bathroom just so he could watch them piss themselves. "Compulsive"? More like completely psychopathic.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
It never ceases to amaze me how weird humans are capable of being. Now if you'll excuse me I have to finish smelling all of my coworkers chairs.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
The worst thing is that people in the ministry knew and said nothing. He was known as « the photographer ».

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This is how it happened:
So I went to the original French article and... you actually left out the craziest, most horrific part of Elise's testimony (not criticizing, just want to highlight it, personally):

Elise was doubling over in pain from the urge to urinate, and even fell down with onlookers watching around her. The dude then offered her to urinate hiding in a construction site, she refused, and waited until she was back at the ministry to use the bathroom.

Except... it wasn't a normal piss. She had a serious UTI as a result (with borderline peritonitis) and was hospitalized for 4 days.

Another victim apparently could have had it even worse, because she already was undergoing medical treatment highly incompatible with the consumption of diuretics.

This motherfucker didn't just abuse and humiliate these women for his sick fetish, he almost killed some of them.

And of course the psychological trauma. Obviously these women didn't realize they had been drugged and some thought it was their fault, that they had lost control over their bodies, they were so humiliated that they lost confidence in themselves, some of them kept thinking back to this incident every time they had a job interview, etc.

Oh and also, there were already people ringing the alarm bell about this guy and his creepy behaviour years ago, and HR, senior leaders, and even police did absolutely nothing. I know, I know, completely surprising, huh.

The thing is, diuretics can cause physical problems too, not just psychological trauma. When the guy was confronted with this information he basically said he didn't know 🤷‍♂️
He's obviously lying. He saw those women collapse in pain, and surely he was aware that some were hospitalized. Fuck him forever.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
So I went to the original French article and... you actually left out the craziest, most horrific part of Elise's testimony (not criticizing, just want to highlight it, personally):

Elise was doubling over in pain from the urge to urinate, and even fell down with onlookers watching around her. The dude then offered her to urinate hiding in a construction site, she refused, and waited until she was back at the ministry to use the bathroom.

Except... it wasn't a normal piss. She had a serious UTI as a result (with borderline peritonitis) and was hospitalized for 4 days.

Another victim apparently could have had it even worse, because she already was undergoing medical treatment highly incompatible with the consumption of diuretics.

This motherfucker didn't just abuse and humiliate these women for his sick fetish, he almost killed some of them.

And of course the psychological trauma. Obviously these women didn't realize they had been drugged and some thought it was their fault, that they had lost control over their bodies, they were so humiliated that they lost confidence in themselves, some of them kept thinking back to this incident every time they had a job interview, etc.

Oh and also, there were already people ringing the alarm bell about this guy and his creepy behaviour years ago, and HR, senior leaders, and even police did absolutely nothing. I know, I know, completely surprising, huh.

He's obviously lying. He saw those women collapse in pain, and surely he was aware that some were hospitalized. Fuck him forever.
Tycho Brahe allegedly died from not using the bathroom, back in 1601. I can't even imagine.