• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Police attempting to shut down an underground, curfew-busting New Year's Eve party that drew at least 2,500 people in western France were attacked by ravers who torched one police vehicle and injured officers with volleys of bottles and stones.

Hundreds of vehicles started converging on a hangar in Lieuron, Brittany, on Thursday night to party into the new year, the regional government said on Friday. It said police were attacked when they tried to stop ravers from installing their party gear.

On Friday morning, 2,500 ravers from France and abroad were still partying, circled by a reinforced police presence, the regional government said.

Party-goers, however, appealed for understanding after months of nightlife-destroying lockdowns and curfews designed to limit coronavirus infections.

A volunteer with an aid group that was distributing masks, anti-virus gel and health advice inside the techno party said ravers needed to let loose. He said ravers were trying to stay safe by not sharing joints or drinks. Their group, Techno+, was advising partygoers to self-isolate for a week and then get tested after attending the rave. The group also said the disused hangar was airy and well ventilated.

www.theguardian.com

French police attacked while trying to stop New Year’s Eve rave

Bottles and stones thrown at officers at event in Brittany attended by 2,500 people

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ravers needed to let loose.

Listen idiot, we all do. But you can do so responsibly without helping the pandemic spread further.
A mask and some gel isn't going to do shit at a mass gathering like this.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm torn.

I'm for raves.
I'm against mass indoor gatherings during a pandemic.
I'm for cops getting their asses kicked.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
no hate for the rave group on my end. they knew this was going to happen so they worked to help lower the possible destruction. It is like needle machines to stop overdosing. people going to keep doing the drugs best to make it as safe as possible.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Organisation comite must be sued hard. Endangerement on thousands of people, breaking curfew, etc...

Melville85

Banned
Nov 15, 2020
Just selfish dickheads. I feel sorry for the police officers who have to deal with this nonsense.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Couldn't give a shit about cops, but partying during a pandemic is dumb as hell. Saying ravers need to "let loose" while ignoring that all the non-ravers of this world feel the fucking same way is asinine. Hope all that letting loose doesn't lead to too many more deaths as a result.

Okay, I don't have time or energy for this edgelord stuff.

lol

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Oh boo boo you can't dance, people are dying.

For fuck's sake, the bad guys in "Masque of the Red Death" were at least smart enough to isolate first.

Jan 11, 2018
I never thought there'd be a situation where I'd be on the cops side, but here we are. Fuck those selfish pricks.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
no hate for the rave group on my end. they knew this was going to happen so they worked to help lower the possible destruction. It is like needle machines to stop overdosing. people going to keep doing the drugs best to make it as safe as possible.
I didn't know the need to dance was a medical condition altering brain chemistry. I sure am glad I didn't fall to that in my years as a dancer.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I hate selfish people. I don't care about their health, but imagine the amount of people they will kill or hurt because they """needed""" a rave so bad.

Oct 30, 2017
Fine every last one of them, get IDs, then when/if they need medical care they pay every fucking last penny of the cost.

There were Brits there, they should not have access to the NHS.

If everyone just went "we need to let loose a bit" we'd all be fucking doomed.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Closed hangar/space? Pump it full of pepper spray solution and let them party in hell if they want.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I'm torn.

I'm for raves.
I'm against mass indoor gatherings during a pandemic.

tenor.gif

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
"He said ravers were trying to stay safe by not sharing joints or drinks."

Well that's the Covid strategy sorted then, no need for experts, just ask this lot. Don't know why we bothered with lockdowns and distancing and closing down practically everything when all people needed to do to 'stay safe' was just not share a smoke or a drink at parties with thousands of people. /s.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
On the one hand, dozens or hundreds of people exposed to sick ravers in the next few weeks will die because of this, through no fault of their own.

On the other hand, If you can't dance in a crowd at least once a year, what's the point of living? MIGHT AS WELL NUKE YOUR CITY.

I think that's the logic in display here. Don't blame ME if it doesn't make sense. Those fucking people don't make sense.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
What a bunch of selfish cunts. Wonder how many Covid cases are going to get linked back to that gathering. Organizers shouldn't get away scot free, just endangering people's lives.

I see some sad cases on Era are also trying too hard to be edgy in this thread already.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Sure a lot of people will die from Covid, but at least cops are stopped from - let me check the notes - preventing deaths of the old and weak ...
The pigs. It is sick how attacks on cops are cheered on while they are putting themselves at risk trying to prevent the spread of a deadly pandemic.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Ketamin addicts need to let loose! Won't someone please think of the Ketheads! Jfc. All the local cokeheads have been the same too. In an out of each others houses multiple times a day.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't we fly all Covidiots to some island and let them protest against masks, party like it's 2019, get drunk at bars and watch some sports together until they're all immune or dead?

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
For all the people with a "fuck the police" attitude, is Police Brutality a significant issue in European countries? Like, if absolutely is a massive issue in the United States, so I could understand the apathetic response if this happened here, but I'm a little surprised seeing this kind of response to the French Police. I haven't heard much from other countries suggesting they have remotely close to the same systematic racism that we have with our police system in the States.

Annatar86

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
board up all the exits from outside, check back in 20 days and fine who's still alive. Fuck them

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
For all the people with a "fuck the police" attitude, is Police Brutality a significant issue in European countries? Like, if absolutely is a massive issue in the United States, so I could understand the apathetic response if this happened here, but I'm a little surprised seeing this kind of response to the French Police. I haven't heard much from other countries suggesting they have remotely close to the same systematic racism that we have with our police system in the States.
French police has deservedly bad press these last few years for being violent and racist.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
French police also fucking sucks but it's not the topic to bring it up
Hopefully every single one of these pieces of shit get a massive fine

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We literally had a music producer getting his ass kicked for no fucking reason by cops yelling racial slurs a few weeks ago. French Police is full of racist uneducated pieces of shit.

OP
OP
SilentPanda

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

www.resetera.com

France: teargas grenade that killed woman 'may have been fired directly at her flat' - French police say it is accident and officer respected the rule News

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/02/france-teargas-grenade-that-killed-woman-may-have-been-fired-directly-at-her-flat Accidently fire into a fourth floor and not see someone up there, I don't think is really possible to not see someone, I live on 4th floor and I can see my family when...

www.resetera.com

Violent beating of Black man by police causes outrage in France - Police entered his studio without warrant and used gas grenade News

https://www.politico.eu/article/violent-beating-of-black-man-by-policemen-causes-outrage-in-france/

www.resetera.com

Paris police under fire for brutal teardown of migrants camp

https://apnews.com/article/international-news-paris-france-evacuations-f8a70b55ad7171507a0f2a5f69623edd https://www.france24.com/en/france/20201124-anger-mounts-over-police-use-of-excessive-force-to-clear-paris-migrant-camp https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55055914

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This is not the time to go fuck the police you guys. People will die, and they are actually doing their job.