• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today new entry on PEGI rating site popped up for Freedom Fighters PC version and as publisher is IO Interactive compared to old entry where EA is listed. It's not new entry because name is the same so are we looking at simple re-release or what?

OxpnzRp.jpg

dJnNErU.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
My brain always automatically goes to Freedom Force when Freedom Fighters is mentioned - and I get excited for a microsecond - before correcting myself ;(

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my, please...please?! I'm cool with a re-release. An amazing game with an amazing soundtrack. I've honestly thought this wouldn't be touched again, but I'm here day 0 if true. Please.

Last edited:

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
I recently replayed this game a couple months ago. OST is still one of the most memorable ones in my mind.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
When I picked this up out of a bargain bin for the Gamecube I expected it to be utter trash, but I finished it.

Nov 1, 2017
Please, let this be a remaster! There's no way to even buy this game easily anywhere anymore. This game was such a huge part of my childhood when I played it on the GameCube. And Jesper Kyd's soundtrack is still one of the all-time greats.

I can't believe we're coming up on the 17th anniversary of the original US release for the game too. (October 1, 2003)

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
OMG maybe i can stop my monthly IO Tweets begging them for a Steam release

Last edited:

delete

Jul 4, 2019
I remember loving this back in the day, I can see this getting a 'Destiny' or 'the Division' style game play re imagining, which would make me stay well clear of it.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
It was just a question time for this release to happen after IO bought their freedom and explicitly stated that they had ownership of the Freedom Fighters IP.

Curious if it's a port/remaster of the original or something more akin to a remake.

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow great news, played this game almost a decade ago on my PC, loved the setting and the simple tactical combat.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Cool game, I wonder how well it sold back then since it was almost entirely forgotten

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit! For some reason this game has been on my mind every now and then for the last couple of years. Not sure how it holds up close to a two decades later, but it's still an amazing news. Hopefully the game has had the time it needed for the re-release.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Never played Freedom Fighters, but I always wanted to after seeing Vinny play through it on Giant Bomb.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I loved this on my GC. If I remember correctly it had fairly decent and simple squad mechanics.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am totally, 100% down for any new Freedom Fighters stuff. be still my beating heart.

(Freedom Force is fine too)

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Wasn't it Jesper Kyd who did the OST ?
The game was great, i would so like a remake.

A new one, with today's trend of making everything grounded and super believable, detailed and serious could turn out terrible.
Freedom Fighters was such a nice blend of light strategy and arcade, i really liked it.