• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Playing RE3 up to when Jill gets infected, then RE2 all the way through, then finish RE3. I've been waiting to go through these games again. I'm apparently too blind to notice the RT anyway.

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
That's weird, I assumed my issue was I redeemed the PS+ Collection version and afterwards bought the Gold Edition on sale. I know FF7 Remake had a similar issue where people that had redeemed the PS+ digital version couldn't upgrade to PS5 for free even if they owned a disc copy. For it to affect anyone that didn't even redeem the PS+ version of RE7 though is super aggravating.

I was just able to get the Ps5 version to download using my gold edition disc. After placing the disc in the drive, I hit the ellipse button and selected the gold edition. From there I was able to download the ps5 edition of RE7.

Edit : beaten above

Last edited:

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
VRAM counter is still broken lol. Says it's using 12/10 GB but still easily staying above 60 FPS on my 3080.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my LG CX seems to be at a pretty consistent 50fps in many sections in RE2 on PS5. Too bad - if I play with RT off, I guess I get the native 4K and fast load times but not sure if it's worth it. Really was mainly hoping those janky reflections were gone :|

Also I had major problems with the gamma on this on ps4 but it seems like they're still here too

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to replay re2. I've beat 1st and 2nd runs with both Leon and Claire long time ago. I want to replay both Claire's and leons story. Is it better to go with 1st or 2nd run? I forget the differences. Want the best experience before I start a game wanted to ask which one I should pick. Thanks.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, I've updated RE2 on Xbox Series X like two times already. When I open the game it tells me add-ons are not available, then quits the game and tells me there are add-on updates. FFS

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just put in a solid 2 hours of RE2 on my Series X in RT mode.

Idk, performance seems perfectly fine to me. There were a few noticeable drops here and there but nothing detrimental.

Not sure if VRR is masking the drops really well or what, but I'm really pleased so far. Such a gorgeous game.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
So I converted my ps4 save to PS5 but for whatever reason I'm missing the trophy for escaping the bedroom in 60 seconds as well as The Ghost Survivors trophies. Anybody else?
So I deleted my PS5 save and then converted the PS4 save again and it popped The Ghost Survivor trophies but the escape the bedroom trophy still didn't. At least it ain't tough to unlock.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm going to replay re2. I've beat 1st and 2nd runs with both Leon and Claire long time ago. I want to replay both Claire's and leons story. Is it better to go with 1st or 2nd run? I forget the differences. Want the best experience before I start a game wanted to ask which one I should pick. Thanks.
1st run is way better for both of them. But if you want to play through it properly again (you can only get the real ending with the 2nd run), I think Claire 1st run and Leon 2nd run is the best way to play it.

Oct 27, 2017
So RE3make shipped at 4k on Xbox One X and basically never hit 60fps. This was highlighted by Digital Foundry and then Capcom patched the gsnd to lower the resolution and it became a locked 60fps.

So while I'm a little worried about performance especially on non-VRR screens I am optimistic that Capcom will improve performance over time.

RE engine still doesn't support dynamic resolution from what I can tell. Which is probably the solution we'd all like to see.

From my own experience tonight with RE3 on Series X on a VRR screen, I'm happy with how the RT looks and runs.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
XSX experience for RE2 and RE3 coming back very similar to my experience with Village: playable with VRR as the framerate is typically below 60fps but rarely drops far enough to break VRR and disrupt smooth image delivery. Not the most ideal turnout but very acceptable and appreciated effort as a freebie.

I still think I personally prefer the stock setting 4K+60fps myself, across all of these games.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing on Xbox Series X. I can turn Ray Tracing on or off, but High Frame Rate Mode can't be selected and says "This feature cannot be used with your current hardware configuration". Anyone know why this is?

It is for 120fps mode, need a tv that supports it

edit: dunno why i thought this post was recent. Whatever

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
For PS5, it does not due to no LFC (low framerate compensation). The game regularly dips below 48FPS, which kicks it out of the VRR range.

I hear the Series consoles VRR range is 30-120, which will make this much better.
It's marginally better. There's still plenty of stuttering and noticeable dips, unfortunately. The Series X is much better with RE3/RT/VRR, though.

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
Realizing I forgot to prevent re7 from updating on PC with my 670.

So this means I probably can't play this anymore until I buy a new video card right? Has anyone on low end hardware tried it yet? If not I'll do it tomorrow to see if it launches.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Just tried RT mode in RE VII on Series X, and it's pretty good.
- So far, the framerate seems rock solid. I tried it on my non-VRR TV upstairs, and didn't notice any jarring framerate issues in the intro areas or one of the later areas.
- Textures are a mixed bag. They don't seem upgraded much if at all from the Xbox One X version. Comparing to PC, they seems a bit lower res, but even on PC the textures seem a bit dated (they feel authored in a pre-4K era)
- It's still a great looking game overall
- Image clarity seems significantly better than it was on Xbox One X before
- While the lighting overall has beautiful (haunting?) and skillful composition, and while volumetric light beams look great, the points of contact with surfaces can look fairly low-res, and below the PC's low setting in some places. UPDATE: In other area they look better with no obvious aliasing
- UPDATE: I have noticed one instance of what I believe to be RT reflections. They seem similar in quality/clarity to RE Village
- While my mind did seem to think RT mode had better shadows, it was hard for me to tell just at a glance

Note: RE VII on PC from Microsoft Store did not get the RT patch sadly

Also Tried RE2R on PC with a 3080 ti, and I echo a lot of the same impressions as others:
- The game still overall runs great, and I'm getting north of 60fps with RT on and nearly max settings (shadows were dialed down slightly due to the game requiring more than 12GB of Vram)
- RT isn't super noticeable overall, but the game does look incredibly good still
- RT reflections are noticeable in limited places, and remind me of RE Village in how they often tend to lightly reflect a singular or small amount of objects in a limited space, and aren't broadly used

A Couple more impressions of RE VII on Series X.

- High Frame Rate mode seems awesome. Framerate seems incredibly smooth on my LG CX in the beginning areas I played.
- Resolution seems incredibly good in High frame rate mode. Possibly cleaner than RT mode.
- I believe I've seen evidence of RT Reflections in a broken mirror
- I feel more impressed with the update the further I get into the game

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Worse part about this update is enemies animation in distance is still half rate.... Yuck. Current grn consolr cpu shoulf br more than enough for full frame animation man

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I did a quick speedrun of the RPD section of RE2 on PC. Native 4k, max settings, max RT. 80-90 fps in the main hall, 90-120+ everywhere else on a 5900x+3080Ti. I had a frametime graph up and had 0 stutters. The RT is pretty subtle, but it looks nice in direct comparisons. Hopefully vignette removal mods get updated before I want to actually play these games again.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think they'd put in an option to remove this for the PC version.

Consoles were probably the primary target development platform and optimized based on that target so instead of doing a bunch of conditional stuff for the PC in the code, it all probably just got passed on through being a secondary priority.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Played a chunk of RE3 on PC with raytracing on, up until the power plant. The reflections look mighty nice.

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
Just played through the first half of RE3 on Series X for the first time. Performance seemed fine with raytracing to me with no VRR display. There were drops here and there but never sustained or disruptive enough to bug me. It looks absolutely gorgeous though, glad Capcom went back and did the work here.