• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Anybody able to do a nice caricature/cartoon version of me please? Thanks in advance!!

uMxGRow_d.jpg

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Giving it another shot since some amazing efforts are being made.

My nephew draws and would be thrilled by a portrait of himself. Please and thank you.

YB86G70_d.jpg

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone wanna do mine? Would appreciate it so much!

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Had a chance to bash out a few during warm up this morning.

Giving it another shot since some amazing efforts are being made.

My nephew draws and would be thrilled by a portrait of himself. Please and thank you.

YB86G70_d.jpg
6ZCRVa3.png

Anyone wanna do mine? Would appreciate it so much!

QGhFB1z.png

Anybody able to do a nice caricature/cartoon version of me please? Thanks in advance!!

uMxGRow_d.jpg
rkD3VLY.png

Good beer taste.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Wow. How do you pixelise? Any chance you could do mine please? My photo is above!!

Thanks.

To give the effect of pixel art I make a reinterpretation of the scene by hand on Paint and then I put the color in Photoshop, this alows me to put some transparency effects like in the veil and make fine adjustments in average for the final image.

And yeah, I can give a try to your picture, but just be patient as I am at my job. :P

Amazing. :O And thank you! I married above my pay grade.

Could I possibly get a higher rez version of this? I'd love to get this printed out to hang up in our house.

Thanks and sure thing! When I finish my shift I can prepare the image for a print output, just tell me which size you want. Also I can make an adjustment as I just saw an error on your sleeve. 😅

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Love the art work. I actually contacted a member here after viewing her work from last thread and contracted her to do a portrait for me. It turned out magnificent and hangs in my gym where people comment on it all the time.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Great job, Prax (as usual)! More to come~

Sorry for the loss of your friend, AK. And sorry I couldn't make something of the pic you posted. I did have better luck with your image, though (kind of?). I tried my best, but pen is a very unforgiving tool...

NOOr7m7.png

Will be getting to some others in the thread soon too (I hope).
wow that is really good!

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to spice up my social media and add a ResetEra artist's portrait as my profile pic!
(I'm totally down to credit you and link to your social media if you'd like!)
QskwU3O.jpg

I'll also post some portrait attempts myself

Last edited:

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
To give the effect of pixel art I make a reinterpretation of the scene by hand on Paint and then I put the color in Photoshop, this alows me to put some transparency effects like in the veil and make fine adjustments in average for the final image.

And yeah, I can give a try to your picture, but just be patient as I am at my job. :P

Thanks and sure thing! When I finish my shift I can prepare the image for a print output, just tell me which size you want. Also I can make an adjustment as I just saw an error on your sleeve. 😅

That's fine. Whenever you've got time. Thanks again.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Here is an old picture to use. I don't have any recent photos that are just me like this.

be3GtME.png
I'm quite a bit slow since I work traditionally. This was penciled, inked, then painted with a bunch of watercolor washes. The facial hair was quite fun to work on.

Sorry for the potato cam-quality since it didn't capture the subtleties of the layers of colors. I'll see if I re-upload it at a better resolution.

I'll see if I work on another one that hasn't been done so as not to step on other artitsts' toes.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I'm quite a bit slow since I work traditionally. This was penciled, inked, then painted with a bunch of watercolor washes. The facial hair was quite fun to work on.

Sorry for the potato cam-quality since it didn't capture the subtleties of the layers of colors. I'll see if I re-upload it at a better resolution.

I'll see if I work on another one that hasn't been done so as not to step on other artitsts' toes.
Thank you, you all can reuse this too! I love looking at everyone's work! Beautiful work!

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ah I can never resist a cheeky request of my two favourite people when I see this bumped

q01Ucb1.jpg

StqhPsK.jpg

happy Halloween everyone

OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone!
Bit of a bump!

Before the new year arrives, I'm gonna try to draw winterized (via palette or changing what's in the pic) quick portraits of as many people as I can! Think of it as a gift to the community and also fulfilling my year end art challenge. ;D

I probably will start on the 31st and try to get 50 in before the midnight, so first come first serve-- though I will do Jeff's kids (the post right before me) first probably.

Anyone else can participate and draw one another too!

How funny. I was just thinking about this thread. I might grab an extra from your draw call between projects if I have time, P.

In the meantime, I'm definitely getting in on a Prax (if you have time) with a recent photo in all my sleepy work glory.

rvjQyEO.png

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
If anyone wants to give it a shot

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
How funny. I was just thinking about this thread. I might grab an extra from your draw call between projects if I have time, P.

In the meantime, I'm definitely getting in on a Prax (if you have time) with a recent photo in all my sleepy work glory.

rvjQyEO.png
WIP #2.

neRg69a.jpg

The perspective and proportions are hard for me to get right so I might have to redraw the hand to match the pic size.

I'll see if I finish up the 2, do a quick pencil sketch of another one and finish it at some point. It's a nice to fill up my sketchbook and use my mechanical pencil.

WIP #2.

neRg69a.jpg

The perspective and proportions are hard for me to get right so I might have to redraw the hand to match the pic size.

I'll see if I finish up the 2, do a quick pencil sketch of another one and finish it at some point. It's a nice to fill up my sketchbook and use my mechanical pencil.

Thank you, Jo-awn! It can be a challenging angle, but I think it's coming along nicely. Cheers!

wow the Era Artist Alliance really fell off this thread in 2019 huh

2019 was a struggle year for everyone. :D

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
New year's goal: finish 4 portraits I'm working on. This is my list of portraits I've penciled and have been fixing:

Haze
H. Protagonist
SolVanderlyn
Funky Dude Sparks

I will do my best to scan or take a picture of them with a good quality camera when I'm done.