• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
So what can or should I play with this?
You can see the games here (I think this is right)

Just scroll down to where it says "All these titles are yours to play when you join Basic or Premier" (You'll have to keep clicking "show more" which is annoying).

I never played Shadows of the Empire on PC, so I'm kinda interested in trying that out to see how much different it looks than the n64 version. Same with Rogue Squadron 3D.
Pyre has always looked interesting to me.
Tyranny seems to have a mixed reception, but it's something I want to at least check out. (mixed reception here on ERA, seems to be well-received via metacritic)
I always thought the old Dungeon Keeper games were interesting and fun, and I think they still might be so I'd probably give those a recommendation to at least try.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
No worries for me. I've had 2FA enabled for years.

Unless of course you also needed to have been a Premier subscriber by that date. Which I don't think is the case.

If you had an active Premier subscription during the promotional period, you'll get a free month of Premier. Everyone else gets a free month of Basic:

Get a month of Origin Access
Turn on Login Verification during the month of October 2019 for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and enjoy a month of Origin Access Basic for free*.

You'll get your month of Origin Access Basic starting on or after November 1, 2019. If you don't get your free* month right away, please wait a few days.

Origin Access is our PC membership program, so make sure you have Origin installed on your computer.

- Already an Origin Access Basic member? We won't charge you during the month of November, and you'll get charged as normal for your next month during the following billing cycle.
- Are you a member of Origin Access Premier? We'll give you a free month of Premier instead.
- Already have Login Verification enabled? Great! You'll get a free month of Origin Access, too.

It's up to you to maintain your account's security. Keep Login Verification enabled to help keep your account safe.

(Note the present tense.)

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Well, guess it's not guaranteed, but I'm telling myself there's a chance.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Now of course this happens... I have 2FA enabled for years and had a Premier subscription for 1 year now. Today it runs out after 12 months and I get nothing. No free month Access or Premier. Ok, I'll wait another day before flipping out.

Last edited:

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I totally missed this. (have had 2FA for a long time on, but never bought premiere or anything)

Pipyakas

Jul 20, 2018
It has to be "during October"? Since I already had 2 step verification before that 😶
Guess Im not gonna have a NFS Heat demo afterall

OP
OP
Hamster Plugin
Oct 25, 2017
It has to be "during October"? Since I already had 2 step verification before that 😶
The deal is also available if you had 2-step verification before October already. You just needed to have it on at the end of October (or whenever this thing rolls out to you).

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

If you enabled 2FA prior to the promotion, you'll still get a free month a Basic. The only asterisk is that the free month of Premier is only for those who were subscribed to Premier during the promotional period.

Edit: Semi-beaten.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
If you enabled 2FA prior to the promotion, you'll still get a free month a Basic. The only asterisk is that the free month of Premier is only for those who were subscribed to Premier during the promotional period.

Edit: Semi-beaten.

So what happens if you buy premier after the promotional period but before you get the free month of basic?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So what happens if you buy premier after the promotional period but before you get the free month of basic?

Who knows. With how long fulfilment is taking (I'm still waiting myself), it's entirely possible the cut-off point will be when your account is processed -- but I wouldn't operate on the assumption that'll be the case.

Last edited:

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Who knows. With how long fulfilment is taking (I'm still waiting myself), it's entirely possible the cut-off point will be when your account is processed -- but I wouldn't operate on the assumption that'll be the case.

It's pretty tempting tp try with Star Wars coming out. Do you know how the upgrade from basic to premier works? They say it's possible in the FAQ but no specifics. They do mention they refund you the difference, I can't imagine that is actually a refund to the card, but a reduction in cost of premier?

Edit: They actually do refund your card.

"Once your payment goes through for the upgrade, we'll refund you for the remaining time on your paid Basic membership. That refund will go back to your original payment method. "

I wonder if you could use this to get a discount on Premier. Depends on what "original payment method" refers to.

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
It's pretty tempting tp try with Star Wars coming out. Do you know how the upgrade from basic to premier works? They say it's possible in the FAQ but no specifics. They do mention they refund you the difference, I can't imagine that is actually a refund to the card, but a reduction in cost of premier?

It's the former, apparently.

Edit: Oh, just saw your edit, haha. It does seem like the latter would've been easier, not to mention more convenient for users.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't got mine, is this 1 free month or is this only free november? because we're quite a few days into Nov :P

Naru

May 11, 2019
Still nothing here either. I had Premier so I should get a free month of Premier. If I still get it so I can play Fallen Order I am ok waiting another week since it's out on the 15th.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I was excited to play Anthem after finding the gunplay just meh during the beta.

But wtf are the Challenges of the Legionnaires? What a grindy thing! At least I got a few of them naturally. But collectables and world events? Uhg...

Some world event are a bit cryptic since the waypoints don't seem to work. "Find something to keep the bonfire", *wave of elites appear*, "bonfire is off". Anyways, this thing shouldn't be in the main campaign.

At least NFS Heat surprised me. Drifting was easy enough. Release RT, turn, accelerate again. At fist I thought the car was too slippery, but I guess I got used to it.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
Still nothing here either. I had Premier so I should get a free month of Premier. If I still get it so I can play Fallen Order I am ok waiting another week since it's out on the 15th.
Yeah, I bought Premier on the 30th even though I won't have any time to play until the 20th of this month or so... I did it because I figured I'm getting another month of Premier. EA won't respond to questions about this on twitter, and their chat support is awful.

Oct 27, 2017
Shoutout to the Indians who have to manage angry EA forums and then do the promotion manually.

You could have just... made a script to check accounts for 2FA on Nov. 1st, and then automatically add 30 days of service together with the email notification...

Last edited:

Naru

May 11, 2019
I don't really believe we will get anything... And I actually was a Premier subscriber during that period.

Or maybe we will still get something, they updated the page.

AoN9J3A.png

Naru

May 11, 2019
I cancelled my Premier sub that would've charged me again on the 12th...I'll be pissed if I still have nothing by the time that Fallen Order is out.
My Premier ran out a week ago and I am already pissed because I did count on that free month to be able to play BFV and then Fallen Order. Now I am thinking about getting Origin Basic for BFV but I don't know if this will mess up the free Premier month. Maybe I should just wait for the Black Friday Origin Sale and get BFV that way...

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah hadn't gotten my free month yet either xp
Will contact them on the 14th. Even if I get it by mid nov., I am still allowed a month until december so it'd give me time to go through some games on there.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Is or was everyone that still has not received the free month a Premier subscriber? I bet it has something to do with the new Star Wars game. A lot of people probably subscribed to Premiere when BFV came out in November 2018 and now all those people that probably didn't feel like continuing their subscription (like myself) will receive a free month to play the Star Wars game. It would make sense for EA to push the free Premier month to late November so people anxious to play the Star Wars game will most like sub for at least another month.