• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I have made a game, I hope it's okay to share it with you.

3Lo0Kwo.png

Zak McKracken goes looking for Hot Coffee (in several wrong places) is a classic point and click adventure game. It is a sequel to Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, set right before the events of the fan game Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space.

A classic point and click adventure game that pays homage to the LucasArts adventure games of the 80s and 90s.

oqO4A6Al.png

PQjPEogl.png

rxcWl43l.png

Development began as a test project to get to know the Visionaire engine but it slowly took on a life of it's own. Originally building on assets from the fan game Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space, adding new animations, several new locations, and reworking the interface.

Supported languages are English and German.

It's a labour of love, I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did making it.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow! I remember Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders!! Why did you decide to ship the game for free after so many hours working on it?

Edit: Should i play time and space before starting this one?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Have to be honest, this was not the sort of thing I was expecting when I read the words "hot coffee."

Slightly disappointed.

OP
OP
Ogni-XR21

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wow! I remember Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders!! Why did you decide to ship the game for free after so many hours working on it?

Edit: Should i play time and space before starting this one?
This is a fan game, I'll be lucky if this doesn't get taken down. So selling it is not an option, I won't even dare to take donations for it... It's also using a lot of assets from the fan adventure game 'Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space' which many people worked on without getting paid.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a fan game, I'll be lucky if this doesn't get taken down. So selling it is not an option, I won't even dare to take donations for it... It's also using a lot of assets from the fan adventure game 'Zak McKracken - Between Time and Space' which many people worked on without getting paid.
Ohh i see, i thought it was a free propriety, like everyone could work on his own version of the game or sometime.
I also thought you were the creator of time and space ahah.

Did you make other adventure game beside this one?

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Does it play like the original Zak McKracken, or is it more like the later Lucasarts games? Are there dead ends and sudden game overs?

OP
OP
Ogni-XR21

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ohh i see, i thought it was a free propriety, like everyone could work on his own version of the game or sometime.
I also thought you were the creator of time and space ahah.

Did you make other adventure game beside this one?
I only did animation work on the other fan game. Other than that I haven't made any other games. I don't know if I have it in me to start a new one.
Does it play like the original Zak McKracken, or is it more like the later Lucasarts games? Are there dead ends and sudden game overs?
It's a coin-interface (MI3/Full Throttle) and not 9-verb based. We released the original Zak2 back in 2008 with a 4:3 aspect ratio and a 9-verb interface. But for the 16:9 release in 2015 we changed it.
There are no dead ends or game overs, it's more a LucasArts-era game and not a Lucasfilm Games one, if that makes sense.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I'll check it out as I loved the original game and the catchy opening theme. Might have to play the original again (while looking at a solve to avoid dead ends sigh) and then move on to this game - glad to hear that there aren't dead ends.

OP
OP
Ogni-XR21

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Cool, I'll check it out as I loved the original game and the catchy opening theme. Might have to play the original again (while looking at a solve to avoid dead ends sigh) and then move on to this game - glad to hear that there aren't dead ends.
It's the same opening theme, this one was done by my brother. He was the one who kind of got me involved with the original Zak2 project. I personally really like the version I used in the savescreen menu.

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Thanks, downloaded and will check it out at some point. Never heard of the original games but I like point and click games so I'll check those out too.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Zak McKraken (the C64 version) is the first adventure game I ever owned. I like this thread.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From the FAQ:

No Self-Promotion or Spam

Do not create threads featuring links to products or services that you have a direct involvement in. Members are instead welcome and encouraged to post in already existing threads about a product or service that they are involved in (including links that are specifically relevant to the thread) so that they may engage with the community. If you are involved in a product or service that you are linking, please disclose that fact upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.