• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
So are we getting a second code for the full game then? Or is it just going to be tied to the account we used the beta code on?

I kind of hope it's a separate code as I'd rather sell it for now. All of my friends are lame ducks are refused to get the game.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
God it could be my extreme insecurity with brands and stuff, but my heart still doesn't quite believe this is real until I get the code in my hands, even though there is plenty of evidence otherwise.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I saw, but I don't know if I actually believe that. It would have to be the deluxe edition in order to get early access (I would assume).

There's definitely reason to be skeptical until we actually get the codes, but to be fair they never did specify what edition of the game we were getting. It always just said the full game of Avengers.

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
God it could be my extreme insecurity with brands and stuff, but my heart still doesn't quite believe this is real until I get the code in my hands, even though there is plenty of evidence otherwise.

Same here. Just one of those things that feels too good to be true, even though Verizon Up advertises free tickets to events and other things that have monetary value.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So are we getting a second code for the full game then? Or is it just going to be tied to the account we used the beta code on?

I kind of hope it's a separate code as I'd rather sell it for now. All of my friends are lame ducks are refused to get the game.
The email we initially got seemed to imply there would be a separate code but the support email that was posted a bit earlier said it was already tied to our account. Although I don't know how much I really trust that. We should see within a few days.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
The email we initially got seemed to imply there would be a separate code but the support email that was posted a bit earlier said it was already tied to our account. Although I don't know how much I really trust that. We should see within a few days.

Thank you kindly! I shall wait and see then.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The support email reads like it is mistakenly referring to the beta being tied to your account. The way PSN works, it would have clarified what you were getting when initially putting in the code. I really think there is gonna be a second one for the full game, especially since my Verizon Rewards page has a very large spot for the code and says we will be emailed when it is available.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Are we getting separate codes for the full game? Only the beta is showing up for me in my Steam library.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Would be lovely if it is the early access deluxe edition. considering Verizon has taken away some of the lower data plans that I could have switched to since I am working from home and saved some money, I will gladly take this.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Would be lovely if it is the early access deluxe edition. considering Verizon has taken away some of the lower data plans that I could have switched to since I am working from home and saved some money, I will gladly take this.
Im paying $160 for 5 lines, 10GB More everything plan.

Incredible deal.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Do we know about the costumes yet? I keep checking the Verizon app to see if they're available anywhere

OP
OP
sensui-tomo

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For costumes redeemed at SE, im not sure if we're still getting a code since wording on the site is leading me to believe its tied to the account already.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
I followed up on my square enix ticket and am getting nowhere.

Now they tell me this:

"We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience you have been experiencing. Should Marvel's Avengers be digitally pre-ordered from the PlayStation/Xbox/Steam Store, no Early Access code is received upon purchase. When the Early Access is active (September 1st), it will be automatically available for customers that purchased through the digital version. We hope this information has helped clear up any confusion. Enjoy the game!"

I responded and specifically asked about the Verizon Up program and when we see going to get codes. I got this:

"We appreciate you reaching out to us for assistance. If you are participating in the exclusive Marvel's Avengers Verizon promotion, the special code you redeem will grant you the following items:

- Beta Access and Early Access to Marvel's Avengers
- Exclusive to Verizon promotion, Marvel's Avengers in-game outfit pack
- Full game download code for Marvel's Avengers

For additional details, please visit the following website:
www.playavengers.com/Verizon
Once there, click on"Terms and Conditions apply." for the full promotional details and dates.

We hope this information has helped clear up any confusion. If you encounter any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.uare-enix-games.com/en-us/redeem/verizon"

So they are still saying early access but aren't telling me when. I'll ask again.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017

Now they tell me this:

"We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience you have been experiencing. Should Marvel's Avengers be digitally pre-ordered from the PlayStation/Xbox/Steam Store, no Early Access code is received upon purchase. When the Early Access is active (September 1st), it will be automatically available for customers that purchased through the digital version. We hope this information has helped clear up any confusion. Enjoy the game!"

I responded and specifically asked about the Verizon Up program and when we see going to get codes. I got this:

"We appreciate you reaching out to us for assistance. If you are participating in the exclusive Marvel's Avengers Verizon promotion, the special code you redeem will grant you the following items:

Once there, click on"Terms and Conditions apply." for the full promotional details and dates.

We hope this information has helped clear up any confusion. If you encounter any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.uare-enix-games.com/en-us/redeem/verizon"

So they are still saying early access but aren't telling me when. I'll ask again.

I'm guessing they'll send the codes on the 1st because they haven't considered the download time. That would suck, because I've been saving bandwidth just in case. It doesn't matter much though, If I download it next month I'll be saving quite a bit of video watching myself since I might spend extra free time playing the game.

I sort of want to just download after it's ready anyway, to avoid the Steam derypt process, I don't know how hard it is on a SSD, but it'll be no big deal to me to wait, weekday and all.

Last edited:

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing they'll send the codes on the first because they haven't considered the download time. That would suck, because I've been saving bandwidth just in case. It doesn't matter much though, If I download it next month I'll be saving quite a bit of video watching myself since I might spend extra free time playing the game.

I sort of want to just download after it's ready anyway, to avoid the Steam decoding process, I don't know how hard it is on a SSD, but it'll be no big deal to me to wait, weekday and all.

I'm thinking this, too

I just hope they send them early enough in the day so that I can initiate it remotely and have the download completed by the time I'm home from work...

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Now they tell me this:

They've sent me both of those exact same responses on a few different support tickets as well. Just copy and pasted PR nonsense. I tried asking them very specific questions about the early access for the code, and they just ignore it and send whatever paragraphs they have pre-made to mass reply to customers. I ended up just giving up trying to talk to support because they're of no help.

In the end it's not a big deal, I just wish they would've had a better way to communicate with people about the whole promotion.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
They've sent me both of those exact same responses on a few different support tickets as well. Just copy and pasted PR nonsense. I tried asking them very specific questions about the early access for the code, and they just ignore it and send whatever paragraphs they have pre-made to mass reply to customers. I ended up just giving up trying to talk to support because they're of no help.

In the end it's not a big deal, I just wish they would've had a better way to communicate with people about the whole promotion.

I just got this:

"Codes should be sent between today and tomorrow."

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Time and date changed on my claimed Verizon rewards to an hour ago. Maybe that's good news?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Time and date changed on my claimed Verizon rewards to an hour ago. Maybe that's good news?
It's always done that for some odd reason. Doesn't seem to be indicative of anything. Any time you check the rewards page, the Verizon reward will update to the current date and like an hour / 30 min behind your current time. Seems like it's just a weird display bug.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Damn y'all got me excited when I saw this thread pop up haha. Hopefully it comes today or tomorrow, but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't until like Friday 😑

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Somebody posted a screenshot from some sort of terms and conditions page on the discord for the game. I would love to believe that we get the code tomorrow, but the screenshot shows that we get a "valid copy of the Marvel's Avengers base game" on September 3rd. Looks like we'll all get in there on Friday!

Edit: here is the screenshot in question

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody posted a screenshot from some sort of terms and conditions page on the discord for the game. I would love to believe that we get the code tomorrow, but the screenshot shows that we get a "valid copy of the Marvel's Avengers base game" on September 3rd. Looks like we'll all get in there on Friday!

Is it this terms and conditions page they were looking at?

SQUARE ENIX | The Official SQUARE ENIX Website - Verizon Promotion Terms & Conditions

Welcome to the official SQUARE ENIX website. Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.

Because as far as I can tell, that page says that September 3rd is the date that the promotion ends and you are no longer able to put in your Verizon Up code into the Square site. It doesn't say on there that Sept 3rd is when the actual codes are sent out. Though since it says the "base game", I assume that means we aren't getting early access.

Edit: Ah okay you added the screenshot. Yeah, it looks like the same page. I think we can probably rule out getting it before Tuesday at least, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017

Edit: here is the screenshot in question

Such weird wording on the things in the Verizon promotion (not this image, but the stuff from customer service as seen in the picture and in post # 375

" - Beta Access and Early Access to Marvel's Avengers."

Here, it's at least clear that the beta was the early access. Which would make since since that is what it was called, Open Beta being the other.

Last edited:

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
So much confusing info.

I'm not expecting anything at this point. If they email me a code tomorrow, then I'll be happy.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Yep. If we were getting the deluxe edition, I think they would have specified that somewhere. I doubt that Verizon is going to create any other sort of early access just for their players, so if we aren't getting the deluxe edition then we are getting the standard which is supported by that screenshot I posted saying "the base game".

biezel

May 9, 2018
You can go to

login (have fun with that!) and you can see if you have a "Verizon Rewards" under Amazing Rewards, it should be Pending and if you click through it should list a beta access code and then a box with "Full Game" with some text under it. Hopefully everyone who has that will get the game.

Thanks for sharing the link. Here's what I'm seeing:

eJxxAbe.png

If you click into it, there's space for the full game code (whenever that's ready):

f2YZT6A.png

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. If we were getting the deluxe edition, I think they would have specified that somewhere. I doubt that Verizon is going to create any other sort of early access just for their players, so if we aren't getting the deluxe edition then we are getting the standard which is supported by that screenshot I posted saying "the base game".

Pretty sure when they said early access, they meant the beta.