• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
Also claimed this not realizing the full game was included. Holy shit. This is nuts. Anyway, do folks that the beta code on PS4 and redeemed it get a message saying that "Unfortunately, Marvel's Avengers Beta won't queue for download to the PlayStation®4 at the moment."?
I was able to download it but it says the servers are down every time I try to play.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was able to download it but it says the servers are down every time I try to play.
Beta isn't live right now, it'll be back up on Friday

3707153-5464434248-Ec-DC3hX0AArmEj.jpg

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
So, I got a PS4 beta code earlier and i just realized they also sent me a Steam beta code later. Steam code doesnt mention anywhere about full game code being provided later.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant believe I missed this. Verizon would have finally been useful for something.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Got my Steam beta code, beta doesn't show up in library yet though. probably shows up when preload goes live

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just an FYI for those with a Steam code, there is a separate listing to upgrade to the deluxe version for $20 if you still want the three days of early access. Of course that is provided Square gives the codes out early enough.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Sorry to bump this thread but did anyone who got this promotion check on their square rewards page thing? The spot where it used to say "your full game access code is not ready yet" now says "your beta code is not ready yet" even though right above that it has my old beta code that I used last weekend. I got all the requisite emails and such when I initially redeemed the codes Hope this is a glitch, I'd still love to get the game for free!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump this thread but did anyone who got this promotion check on their square rewards page thing? The spot where it used to say "your full game access code is not ready yet" now says "your beta code is not ready yet" even though right above that it has my old beta code that I used last weekend. I got all the requisite emails and such when I initially redeemed the codes Hope this is a glitch, I'd still love to get the game for free!

Says the same for me. Hopefully just a bug, because that would be really fucking lame if they changed it after having you use your Super Ticket for clearly advertising that it was giving the full game.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It has to be some weird glitch. There are no future beta codes to give away anyway. How did this glitch, error, whatever, happen now though.

Email, Gold Ticket, etc description said full game though so we should be set.
H8Bt2sS.jpg

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I feel like it just bugged out and is displaying the wrong thing. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Has to be a glitch. Even the press release mentioned the free game:

www.verizon.com

Verizon customers get early chance to play Marvel’s Avengers

Verizon becomes the official telecommunications partner for Marvel’s Avengers, starting with giving customers limited-access to special beta event and a copy of the game

NEW YORK – Verizon has issued the call for customers to join forces and excite their summer plans by securing early access to one of the most anticipated video game releases of the year: Marvel's Avengers.

Verizon today announced a special team-up with Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics that will offer Verizon customers a chance to play Marvel's Avengers before the general public in a special beta event — along with receiving a digital copy of this action-packed adventure game and exclusive timed content launching September 4th, on us!

Here's how it works:
  • On August 10, 5,000 Super Tickets will be made available in Verizon Up, exclusively for Verizon wireless customers, on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Verizon customers who secure a Super Ticket will get one (1) Square Enix Members Access Key. Once registered on PlayAvengers.com/Verizon, it will allow them to play Marvel's Avengers in a special beta event August 14-16.
  • On redemption, ticket holders will also have the chance to choose their platform and download a digital copy of the Marvel's Avengers game for console or PC and receive in-game content when it launches.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Okay, at least everyone else is in the same boat. I know all the marketing mentioned the full game but I also do not put it past them to try and change it under our noses. It's kind of insane to give out a big triple AAA game for free at launch to so many people.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, at least everyone else is in the same boat. I know all the marketing mentioned the full game but I also do not put it past them to try and change it under our noses. It's kind of insane to give out a big triple AAA game for free at launch to so many people.
Looking at Verizon Up program it seems like it's in line with other golden ticket stuff they give away. Concert tickets, 2 seats at a dinner table with Lady Gaga, and other things.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, it sure feels like more than 5000 people redeemed this promo so part of me is expecting to be shortchanged out of the full game key. I'd love to be wrong, though

Also does anyone here have a link to the rewards page? I don't see one in the email I was sent.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Cool it is fixed for me too. Thanks for following up on this folks.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Looking to trade my Xbox code for a PS4 code. My buddy ended up preordering on PS4 this past week for spiderman and I really don't want to have it on both consoles.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having issues verifying that I'm eligible for a code. Every link I follow to check it's status is just blank... Even though I got the beta code from Verizon and the email stating I get the full game. There's nothing on my account that states this, though.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having issues verifying that I'm eligible for a code. Every link I follow to check it's status is just blank... Even though I got the beta code from Verizon and the email stating I get the full game. There's nothing on my account that states this, though.
You could just wait until they send the code to your email, though I would also want to make sure your account is the correct one. The thing with Square-Enix-games.com vs Secure.Square-Enix.com is they are very confusing. The account for one is different for the other. If you play one of their MMORPGs you may have used that to log in. Anyway this is the url I have bookmarked to check if they updated the rewards with the full game code.

oh shit, so does this mean we are getting the deluxe edition of the game? Isnt that the one that unlocks early? Im assuming they cant just give a code for a standard edition and choose which ones unlock early.
Looks like it, and at first we thought it was just for skins, this is all out. Verizon is flexing.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
You could just wait until they send the code to your email, though I would also want to make sure your account is the correct one. The thing with Square-Enix-games.com vs Secure.Square-Enix.com is they are very confusing. The account for one is different for the other. If you play one of their MMORPGs you may have used that to log in. Anyway this is the url I have bookmarked to check if they updated the rewards with the full game code.

Looks like it, and at first we thought it was just for skins, this is all out. Verizon is flexing.

Hmm. I don't get it. I know my login is correct but nothing is there.
This is all I see
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I guess I'll just hope for an email...

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I don't get it. I know my login is correct but nothing is there.
This is all I see
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I guess I'll just hope for an email...
Can you like look through your email and compare it to your beta code email to see if you are using the same account? I'd get this sorted out. Talk to customer service. I've dealt with SE customer service and they are cool, but they are very strict with account recovery, but at least you don't have to remember your address and phone number from 15 years ago.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
Messaged square enix about my issue and they're telling me that, on their end, it says I have early access to the full game even though my rewards screen is blank.

Also said this:

"Thank you for contacting us today. We receive the screenshot and verify on our side, the game it is already under your PSN account and you will be able to get the Pre-Load (the Early Access) on 8/30. We hope this information has been helpful in clearing up any confusion."

I'm not sure what he means by "it's under your psn account" because I don't see it there but I guess I'll see what happens on the 30th.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see that you're all set, it's strange that it's not showing up in your rewards area though. I just hope it's their site being weird.

So pre-load on 8/30, I wish it was a bit sooner than one day before release, but it's better than nothing.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Messaged square enix about my issue and they're telling me that, on their end, it says I have early access to the full game even though my rewards screen is blank.

Also said this:

"Thank you for contacting us today. We receive the screenshot and verify on our side, the game it is already under your PSN account and you will be able to get the Pre-Load (the Early Access) on 8/30. We hope this information has been helpful in clearing up any confusion."

I'm not sure what he means by "it's under your psn account" because I don't see it there but I guess I'll see what happens on the 30th.
I redeemed the beta code and I was hoping the full version code was going to be separate so I could trade or sell it because I didn't care for what I played of the beta... this is an interesting response you got from support, though.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Wild speculation on my part, but I'm wondering if they are on the cusp of sending out the codes. I went to the page to see if the codes were there yet and not emailed out, but the claim says claimed on 8/28/2020 about an hour ago. I most certainly didn't claim it today of all days.

Or it could just be refreshing each day since I think 9:10am was about when I got it when the deal went live.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Wild speculation on my part, but I'm wondering if they are on the cusp of sending out the codes. I went to the page to see if the codes were there yet and not emailed out, but the claim says claimed on 8/28/2020 about an hour ago. I most certainly didn't claim it today of all days.

Or it could just be refreshing each day since I think 9:10am was about when I got it when the deal went live.
It refreshes every time you check.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
If we really are getting access on Sept. 1st, I sure hope they let us know soon. I need to cancel my Best Buy order then!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't seem accurate, since I checked it way after 9:10am (even adjusting for time zones) and hadn't done it at all today, either. It's just weird, either way.

Nah, Ploid is right. I've been checking it every day since the promo started and it always refreshes the time/date when you check it. It's always an hour or so behind for the time, but it doesn't seem to be indicative of anything. It just changes for some reason. For example, I checked it just now and it's 11:17 am where I am, and the time shows 10:21 am. Just a weird display bug from the looks of it, because none of the other rewards such as the 5 Gum ones refresh the time like that.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
If we really are getting access on Sept. 1st, I sure hope they let us know soon. I need to cancel my Best Buy order then!
We sort of have a second confirmation via the Customer Service quote from Salpal post #339.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
We sort of have a second confirmation via the Customer Service quote from Salpal post #339.

I saw, but I don't know if I actually believe that. It would have to be the deluxe edition in order to get early access (I would assume). I've been burned by CSR's too many times who didn't know what they were talking about!