• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'd like to see Inslee fine these county commissioners.

www.yaktrinews.com

Franklin County commissioners approve motion rejecting stay home order - YakTriNews.com

Clint Didier via FacebookFRANKLIN COUNTY, Wash. — The Franklin County Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a motion Tuesday rejecting Gov. Jay Inslee’s stay-at-home order. Commissioner Clint Didier proposed the motion one day after Franklin County Sheriff Jim Raymond issued a letter...

FRANKLIN COUNTY, Wash. — The Franklin County Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a motion Tuesday rejecting Gov. Jay Inslee's stay-at-home order.

Commissioner Clint Didier proposed the motion one day after Franklin County Sheriff Jim Raymond issued a letter saying he would not enforce the stay-at-home order against churches and small businesses that reopen responsibly amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"I move that Franklin County end recognition of the governor's stay at home emergency proclamation that is now deemed unconstitutional. We support the reopening for all builders and small businesses that want to work," Didier said during a meeting Tuesday morning.

The motion was seconded by Commissioner Brad Peck.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There might be a way to have a more nuanced/precise lockdown. Obviously the lockdown capability and needs of Seattle are different than little farm towns. But this is not the way to go about it.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Stomp their faces in, Inslee

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
National Guard is explicitly intended for this scenario. This doesn't even comply with Trump's restriction-easing guidelines.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile - today has been the deadliest in the US so far. People desperate to reopen are out of their fucking minds.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
f8478685-3fde-40ac-8fzskbp.png

Every time.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will it matter? Even if businesses and churches open their doors, are people going to leave their homes?
I saw five people at our church's door this past Sunday, just talking in a circle with no masks (but full Sunday wear, of course). I was walking a loop in the distance, and they were there for easily an hour.

People will very much leave their homes, yes. And that's why reopening unnecessary things that inherently involve tightly packed people like churches is freaking dangerous right now.

E: (I know you're not saying otherwise, I'm just saying what I've seen, which is that people definitely will)

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
i honestly want them to be ruthless to these assholes and straight up tell them they are on their own if cases go up and if people from that county show up in other hospitals they would be sent back to their county. but i know its cruel but damn man this is fucking ridiculous.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never thought "survival of the fittest" meant that people actively choose to die from something very preventable.

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. The law Is worthless if no one will enforce it.

No one is really enforcing the orders anyway. It's a waste of time and resources, bad optics (people are specifically looking to be martyrs) and throwing people in jail just spreads the virus. All the stay-at-home orders are official recommendations that you not be an asshole. The problem isn't nobody is enforcing it, it's that Republicans want to demonstrate being assholes because Trump is egging them on.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
The US is definitely going to suffer from this longer than any other country. If I was an outside country I'd probably want to ban any US person from entering for at least the next year.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clint Didier is Susan Lucci of Washington politics. Only without the dignity:

www.seattletimes.com

House candidate Clint Didier offers to give away three guns

SPOKANE — U.S. House candidate Clint Didier is offering to give away three guns as part of his campaign to replace retiring Rep. Doc Hastings, R-Pasco. Didier — a tea-party Republican and former NFL player — is asking supporters to...

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Will it matter? Even if businesses and churches open their doors, are people going to leave their homes?
"If you build(open) it they will come"

All some people are looking for is the go ahead from the people they trust like their pastors or conservative media. The second the church's open back up they will be full, when some church's in the US were SUPPOSED to be closed they were full.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Clint Didier is Susan Lucci of Washington politics. Only without the dignity:

www.seattletimes.com

House candidate Clint Didier offers to give away three guns

SPOKANE — U.S. House candidate Clint Didier is offering to give away three guns as part of his campaign to replace retiring Rep. Doc Hastings, R-Pasco. Didier — a tea-party Republican and former NFL player — is asking supporters to...
Man, it has been many moons since I last heard someone use the Susan Lucci analogy.

AbeFroman

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
I live in Kennewick (just across the river from Franklin County) and recently moved from Pasco. Don't forget that there are plenty of us who are sane in the Tri-Cities and are doing our part to stop the spread of COVID-19 and Clint Didier's ilk.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This will also endanger those taking all the precautions when they have to go outside for essential things.

"Reopen responsibly" feels like an oxymoron.

It definitely is.

I have no doubt. There are people on this forum that have gone to the gym and the barber in the last several days.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it former Cowboys TE Clint Didier?

Checks Wikipedia, it is!

they call him a "farmer." He's really a big landowner - not just Franklin county him and Dino Rossi have basically kept Big Lawn Sign industry afloat for decades in WA.

I live in Kennewick (just across the river from Franklin County) and recently moved from Pasco. Don't forget that there are plenty of us who are sane in the Tri-Cities and are doing our part to stop the spread of COVID-19 and Clint Didier's ilk.

are you the sausage king of Chicago or a Bungie legend?

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
those are both amazing things to be but his handle

xyXQxjc.jpg

edit. Lol I just realized you thought I meant ME "legend" - no a Bungie guy is obsessed with Abe Froman and uses it any place he can as a gamer tag etc.
Yeah, I saw the username and thought "Timmins?" for a half second. Guess that doesn't translate everywhere though lol.

MoosiferX

Oct 27, 2017
Richland, WA
Ugh I live in Benton County right next to Franklin. It's a really conservative area but I'm at least pleased to see lots of people wearing masks/gloves when they go out for groceries. But yeah, that fucking note/declaration is some embarrassing shit.

MoosiferX

Oct 27, 2017
Richland, WA

Also, hello fellow Tri-Citian! ^_^ - always stoked to see that our whole area isn't a bunch of Clint Diddlywinks. lol

AbeFroman

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Also, hello fellow Tri-Citian! ^_^ - always stoked to see that our whole area isn't a bunch of Clint Diddlywinks. lol

Also nice to meet a fellow Tri-Citian! I moved here in 2016, so the transplants are capable of changing the politics here over time!

BTW, to all others, it's the Ferris Bueller reference.