• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Exactly the fucking point. Take the original mechanics, improve everything else (hit detection, balance, maps, latency, graphics, sound, etc. etc.)
We have had to deal with all kinds of added nonsense for a decade now. Going back will feel new.
How when we can play MCC at any time?

Only now youre left with a title that doesnt differentiate itself from literally any other modern shooter so I'd gladly take a reversion.
What modern shooter plays like Halo 5?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with getting rid of advanced mobility is that you're left with a Halo experience that doesn't really differentiate itself from prior titles.

That's why you innovate in other ways. That's what I loved about the improvements in Halo 2, 3, and even Reach. You had MM, Progression, Friends List, Theater, Forge, New Gametypes, and expansive gametype options.

The gameplay was good but it was that kind of stuff that added longevity to the game and made it stand out at the time.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
H5 MP Gameplay is the pinnacle of Halo Arena MP Gameplay.

Infinite needs to much improve the "non-Arena" modes that also made previous Halo titles superior (as BTB, a real Firefight mode, Invasion) and most important of all: it needs original designed maps (and NOT copy-pasted and cringy Forge blocks everywhere).

This, coupled with the "New-Old" art style both for armors, weapons, model, color palette and sounds would make Infinite the top tier title of the entire series.

(as long as they also focus the entire Infinite Campaign on Chief as the only playable character of course, as it should be with all main Halo entries)

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I'm the weirdo who likes both Classic and Halo 5 movement. I'd be happy with either as long as the maps are balanced for it. Classic is less sweaty.

The problem with 5 was its campaign, lack of good BTB maps and inconsistent Arena maps. It's fun to sprint, slide, jump and then pull off a 180 quick turn by boosting in the other direction. Takes some skill and patience to hit someone who's doing all that.

I do agree about the visor and general ADS messing up FOV. Serves no general purpose.

Most of all, game needs an option to select servers.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Just give me a copy of the game where I'm in it and I'm also invincible and I can just Spartan Charge through everybody

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
I edited the thread title to better reflect the contents of the post.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
One of the main selling points not to get rid of Spartan abilities is the missed opportunity with them in the campaign. If Halo Infinite is going big outdoor environments, Spartan abilities could be a lot of fun. Problem with Halo 5 is that so much of the game was a corridor shooter with smaller scale battles. Throw a mobile MC in the middle of a large scale outdoor battle with some vertical structures and we could have a lot of fun.

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
Keep enhanced mobility!!

Keep and get rid of enhanced mobility!

But seriously, trust is good, but get rid of grenade markers. Theyre like mini radars that do damage. Essentially, do Halo3 but with a tad bit faster player base movement, and better guns.

Pistol should not be all purpose. BR is all purpose, DMR is a worse sniper, assault rifle is a close range monster, etc etc

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
My hope is that they make it like Halo 3's MP. I think that Halo 3's MP was the most fun I had with gaming. I loved the early maps that were in rotation when Halo 3 came out.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. I hope they never forget this ever again. I really think this was one major reason why Halo 5 underwhelmed.

We didn't forget. It was cut quite late in the process and it's not something we'd ever have cut if we had the choice, and it's a feature that's always been near and dear to our hearts. It's a feature that benefits us, not just the users and there was no underlying cynical reason to remove it as I've seen suggested a couple of times (sell more consoles was a sillier one that ignored how ecosystems and siblings work among other things). Just standard shipping and development challenges. It would not have been trivial or quick to get it to where it needed to be, or we'd have tried to update. But it was one of the first commitments to the next game - in Halo 5 we uncovered emerging difficulties quite late, partly as a result of a normal production calendar, and so this time it is not going to be subject to the same schedule challenge. It's a huge amount of work, however, so never think it's trivial to add. Even if you ignore CPU and GPU horsepower, there are UI, design, networking and zillions of other challenges.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 is the best feeling Halo, so please make sure we don't go back to OG Halo which I can't play anymore.

I still play Multi Halo 5 to this day.

The art style does need a overhaul though, I don't like the designs, lighting and environments in H5, its hard to explain, but feels.... blocky? Can't describe it, but not as natural as Halo 3 or Reach.

mlappy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 15, 2018
Kanada
We didn't forget. It was cut quite late in the process and it's not something we'd ever have cut if we had the choice, and it's a feature that's always been near and dear to our hearts. It's a feature that benefits us, not just the users and there was no underlying cynical reason to remove it as I've seen suggested a couple of times (sell more consoles was a sillier one that ignored how ecosystems and siblings work among other things). Just standard shipping and development challenges. It would not have been trivial or quick to get it to where it needed to be, or we'd have tried to update. But it was one of the first commitments to the next game - in Halo 5 we uncovered emerging difficulties quite late, partly as a result of a normal production calendar, and so this time it is not going to be subject to the same schedule challenge. It's a huge amount of work, however, so never think it's trivial to add. Even if you ignore CPU and GPU horsepower, there are UI, design, networking and zillions of other challenges.

And to be honest, as someone who been there day one in CE, i always appreciated the split screen, but i never thought it would have had that big an impact on players in 2015. So i totally get how that feature could be cut and not really realize that it could have that big an impact.

But i dont agree with the original post, i dont think that that was even close to why some people didnt like 5. They just wouldnt have liked the same game, but with splitscreen.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Looking forward to it! As long as they don't neglect vehicles and big team I will be ok. Halo 5 multi was great but they negelected a few things I love.

Also, I want crazy physics and antics between the Spartan ability and vehicle interactions. I want to charge a warthog and roll it.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Every modern shooter plays like halo 5.
giphy.gif

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really excited to see what the game is exactly, from story to multiplayer and everything in-between. It sounds like they're being really ambitious with it from top to bottom.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I hope the new game has big team battle maps again. I can't believe how they left out good BTB maps out of the last game.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this game doesn't have another MCC launch, and hopefully the majority of reviews won't come from fucking press events.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
There is only one thing I wish for Christmas, papa Stinkles.

And it is that Halo 2/3 fans never get the controls they want.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
this is why i feel bad for 343 when it comes to mp. No matter what they do people will complain. If it has sprint people will hate it, if it doesnt have sprint people will hate it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But you can sprint! Therefore = like everything else.
Sprint, ads, clamber, thrust- all contemporary mechanics from modern shooters. Idk why we always do this. It plays far more like those games than it does halo 1-3. Which was what I was responding to in the original comment. But please keep pretending that this is some off base position to be taking.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Halo 5 had the best MP in the series, excited to see what they do in Infinite.

I still think a squad BR in the Halo sandbox could be fun, even though I know they're not doing it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lmao. Play more shooters. Some how Black Ops 4, Battlefield V, and Titanfall 2 play just like Halo 5 even tho they all feel different from each other.
Lol they do are you serious with this? I own two of those games. They play far more like halo 5 than halo 5 does to halo 1-3 that they do to those games

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Love 2 pick up power weapons in Battlefield
What? That's not close to true.
lmao. Play more shooters. Some how Black Ops 4, Battlefield V, and Titanfall 2 play just like Halo 5 even tho they all feel different from each other.
There's literally no point engaging with this guy. He has very little understanding of how the game actually plays, at least that's the only way I can rationalise his arguments.

His entire argument consists of listing off a few mechanics which Halo 5 supposedly shares with other games with literally zero understanding of how those mechanics actually interact and affect the gameplay.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

hi yes hello i tried to email you my idea where master chief gets in a real pickle and has to participate in a sweet-ass high stakes motocross rally to ensure the future of mankind but it got bounced back to my address. this is very important i have a 500 page design document and i'm lubed up and raring to go to town on this idea please get back to me so we can discuss the terms.

it'll be easy because master chief already looks like a motocross man so we don't have to change the design and elites have big ol legs that are probably real good at gripping the bike but it probably makes it real hard to do tabletops and supermans and shit so that's a trade off also hoobastank needs to be on the soundtrack now i've got it on good authority that the hoobastank guy is probably way into videogames because he was in that sonic game so that shouldn't be a problem either.