• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Does anybody thought about good stuff in video games / mangas / animes...that could do a great tv show?

For example i always thought a live adaptation of Billy Bat (with anime parts of course with Billy) by HBO or Showtime would be great.
But a procedural tv show that could be awesome is Ace Attorney.

Ace-Attorney-5-triple-objection.png

Ok this may look stupid but adapting in 13 episodes one game (so one season) could be awesome. We have the team (Phoenix/Apollo/Athena), good side characters, and cases.
It could mix a procedural genre with follow-up story. With a case that could go on 1 episode or 4-5 !
Characters are good, and the suspense and turnabout are insane on it that i can see everybody who don't know AA yet to be on the edge of their seat if it's well made. I even saw a fan art poster for a tv show season with Phoenix and Maya staring at us behind the glass when you interrogate us in prison. Can't find it though.

So any other ideas?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Harry Potter. I"m confident we'll be seeing one in a few years after Fantastic Beast ends.

Get Backers. The premise of this series is about a group of mercenaries that specialize in getting back shit. That's a load of potential for a procedural, and the supernatural world it is set in can be the ongoing story -- protagonist having hypnosis inducing eyes and his partner being a royalty with electric powers.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Most comics, since they're already serialized.

Looking forward to the Invincible movie, but that's a series I think you could get more out of as a TV series since Mark's long-term journey is more interesting than any of the villain plots.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grand Theft Auto live-action TV show.
Resident Evil would work as a live-action TV show as well, in the vein of The Walking Dead but with a more interesting premise.
Dark Souls could do well as an anime. Make it a journey but with multiple characters tagging along.

I think lots of open-world dungeon games could do well. They're all reminiscent of Lord of the Rings to me and we saw how wildly successful that is.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Vampire Hunter D
I feel like Nier/Drakengard would make for a killer anime series.
No More Heroes

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
That Serenity movie would have been a good TV show.
(Damn.. Beat)

Honestly I would like a retelling of The Godfather as an HBO series.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Demolition Man would have been a fun 90s UPN TV show. I love Man out of Time plots.

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil would make for good TV if done properly.

But MK Conquest!

I would really like a TV show based on Citadel adventures from the point of view of C-Sec or some other organization that has plot driven reasons to be involved around the station. On the other hand, a Star Wars: Imperial Agent TV show also wouldn't go amiss.