• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
yes. but the interview where he says the shipment is still seized and they cannot use Lyon warehouse is from yesterday.

www.expressen.se

Skyddsutrustning beslagtogs i Frankrike: ”Extremt störande”

Dödsfallen fortsätter öka kraftigt i Spanien. På fredagen rapporterade landets myndigheter ytterligare 932 avlidna i covid-19. Det totala antalet döda i coronasmittan är nära 11 000.

www.gp.se

Sverige överväger anmäla Frankrike för masker

Fyra miljoner skyddsmasker som Mölnlycke importerat från Kina har stoppats i Frankrike. Den svenska regeringen överväger att anmäla ärendet till EU-kommissionen som ett regelbrott.<br>– Det kan vara dags för det tunga artilleriet, säger utrikeshandelsminister Anna Hallberg (S).

www.svd.se

Sverige pressar Frankrike att lämna tillbaka masker | SvD

Miljontals ansiktsmasker från Mölnlycke har beslagtagits av Frankrike. Regeringen ser allvarligt på händelsen och säger till SvD att man förväntar sig att Frankrike ”snarast” lämnar tillbaka produkterna.

Damn if it's still seized that's revolting... wonder how the government will justify it under the March 15th directive...
I am sure they found a Legalese loophole. or "our administration works at home so it's slow" BS.

There will be plenty to atone for. I fear the anti-EU feelings will be pretty strong... as if we needed even more far-right votes :/

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Those who are all like, no way wars could eventually break out, perhaps read the first page of this thread.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-think-corona-virus-might-affect-gaming-landscape.168186/

The unfolding state of the world changes more rapidly than any of us can imagine.

Edit: I apologize, I should have specified that I'm not saying we would go to war over medical supplies alone, but that the act of stealing them and the stress on society that this pandemic is causing could eventually lead to conflict between countries down the line.

Last edited:

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Because each country has his own interest. You should check out what happened to Greece between 2008 and 2014.

Greece is the problem. Well not the problem, it displays the problem. I believe if you would do a vote in the Netherlands, majority will like the EU, but if you give them the option to continue the EU without countries that need economical support, that will be the leading option. And that's sad. If we want an united Europe we need everybody. In the last elections here every debate had a discussion about financial support to Greece.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): posting unsourced material in a sensitive thread, history of conspiracy theorising
It's unreal that people keep supporting the current EU. I've post a screen which said that between 2011 and 2018 the EU commission sent 63 recommendations to reduce public spending in healthcare and 45 recommendations to reduce support for people with disabilities only to enforce fiscal consolidation. This union has been a COMPLETE DISASTER from every point of view. Even social wise look at what was happening in France before Covid. We need to go back pre maastricht as soon as possible.
If Italy will be forced to use the ESM ( austerity for years ) i' m gonna leave for good.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Perhaps they think of this kind of seizing:
mod edit: misinformation removed

This is straight up russian disinformation and as as you can see here it's allrdy working on some. If I ran this site I'd ban any RT links from ever being posted since it's a pure propaganda channel for Putin and his lapdogs.
euvsdisinfo.eu

Three Things You Should Know About RT and Sputnik - EU vs DISINFORMATION

RT (Russia Today) and Sputnik are the two foreign language flagships of Russia’s campaign to influence international public opinion. Both outlets present themselves as media that provide alternative views to the mainstream in international news reporting. However, before accepting this premise...

Last edited by a moderator:

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This thread seems to be going better than the other one atm 👀

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's unreal that people keep supporting the current EU. I've post a screen which said that between 2011 and 2018 the EU commission sent 63 recommendations to reduce public spending in healthcare and 45 recommendations to reduce support for people with disabilities only to enforce fiscal consolidation. This union has been a COMPLETE DISASTER from every point of view. Even social wise look at what was happening in France before Covid. We need to go back pre maastricht as soon as possible.
If Italy will be forced to use the ESM ( austerity for years ) i' m gonna leave for good.

because many of those thing are fake news. or extremely opinionated stuff.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Save us the headache and just leave for russia

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Citation EXTREMELY needed.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
Well this will certainly sour relations between the two, possibly far beyong the pandemic.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany banned export of medical supplies, even when those shipments had already been purchased by other countries. That's why Spain and Italy arranged direct flights from China, otherwise the supplies were being blocked in German customs. Apparently those restriction have been revised though. It was all over in spanish and italian media.

And let's not forget what happened with Germany and Netherland last week. Italy and Spain left the meeting.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany banned export of medical supplies, even when those shipments had already been purchased by other countries. That's why Spain and Italy arranged direct flights from China, otherwise the supplies were being blocked in German customs. Apparently those restriction have been revised though. It was all over in spanish and italian media.

Ah okay, I thought the German export stop was for not-yet-purchased medical goods. Good that it was revised then.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Ah okay, I thought the German export stop was for not-yet-purchased medical goods. Good that it was revised then.
Somebody really close to me was in charge of buying medical supplies for my local goverment 10 days ago. It was a logistic nightmare he said. Germany officials literally told them that if plane landed on Franktfurt, the would take the cargo.
As said, I've heard those restriction have been revised. Still in effect, but more sensible now.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
The spat is not about money, the Swedes insist, since surgical masks have relatively low monetary value. "In an EU crisis, they confiscated masks that were ordered and designated for other nations ... The French often evoke solidarity within the EU. The really fundamental principle of free movement of goods within the EU is toppled," says a Swedish official.

Man, not a good look on France and the EU partnership in general

Oct 27, 2017
Swedens going to start WW3 with our huge army of roughly 30k soldiers. We've been at peace for over 200 years, but enough is enough.

/s

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Poland and Czechoslovakia stole Italy's shipment, Germany stole Denmark's million mask shipment. Austria ended up having to use their military to protect Italy's second shipment. Claims and denials all around though.

www.rfi.fr

Czech Republic sends face masks to Italy after China shipment 'stolen'

As world leaders call for solidarity in fighting the coronavirus, a shipment of hundreds of thousands of face masks from China to Italy was allegedly confiscated in the Czech Republic and then stolen,…
notesfrompoland.com

Poland denies seizing 23,000 face masks destined for Italy

Authorities in the Lazio region claim the masks were seized by Polish customs.
politiken.dk

En million masker var på vej til Fyn – men så forsvandt de i Tyskland

Hospitalerne i Odense og Aalborg mangler masker og visirer og beder derfor medarbejdere om ikke at bruge værnemidler. Hver femte sygeplejerske oplever i øjeblikket knaphed på beskyttelsesudstyr – men mandag aften kom der uventet hjælp fra Kina.

Bloody hell. What a mess.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those who are all like, no way wars could eventually break out, perhaps read the first page of this thread.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-think-corona-virus-might-affect-gaming-landscape.168186/

The unfolding state of the world changes more rapidly than any of us can imagine.
Why did you ask in the first place if you already "knew" the answer to your own question?

No EU country will go to war with another EU member over medical supplies.

Gparan

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
First the America thread from yesterday and now this, Humans are truly a garbage species.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is fucking not the EUs doing. Take your nationalistic Russian propaganda to somewhere else.

If anything, the current crisis should lead to more powers being transferred to the EU, an EU wide stockpile of medical goods and pandemic response team.

Like, the literal problem in this instance is France going it alone.
"We should break down the unifying body that's supposed to mediate between national interests to work towards a shared goal"
-Astandahl

Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Why did you ask in the first place if you already "knew" the answer to your own question?

No EU country will go to war with another EU member over medical supplies.
I suppose I thought of it after I posted the original question.

I think, if I was to elaborate on my thinking, we aren't going to war over medical supplies alone, but this pandemic is causing the cracks in our current society on many levels, and with that, may come the possibility of conflict.

Perhaps I should have worded my second post better and gone into more detail.

Aniara

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2020

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People will remember these and not look kindly on them. I know there is probably fear if you don't do anything you get nothing because others are stealing but it's like a self fulfilling prophecy if you aren't all on the same page.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
As much as i posted to put more lights in this thread... Macron is not a good Person to me.
He destroyed symbols of French equality on the profitability altar. I am bitter by some of his first acts as President.

A man can change... we'll see...
The guy is a weirdo, he married his teacher.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Even if we presume this is accurate, which Facebook post politics are rarely, the EU is only as good as the politicians national govts send there, as it's the members who vote in turds in the Commission or directly vote in the Council. And then citizens also just don't go to vote for Parliament. It's got its share of issues, but it's largely directed by our _chosen_ representatives.

Last edited:

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bye.

This is some utter bs, btw. Without the EU, the situation in Europe would very likely be much worse.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hard to expect the general public not to take more than their fair share of toilet paper when this is the example being set.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, not a good look on France and the EU partnership in general
It's. Not. The. E. U.

Member states are showing their asses all around. The EU institutions are literally designed to be powerless, they are literally not set up by design to deal with the crisis at hand.
Which is why we need a stronger and more powerful EU, a higher EU budget and more federalisation.

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It's a shit dream, good riddance

It's the way the EU is headed. A united EU as one federal state would be a positive. Not only would it kill toxic nationalism, but we need a unified EU to tackle current and future issues such as climate change, economic inequality, migration, international conflict and a host of other issues.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
This is fucking not the EUs doing. Take your nationalistic Russian propaganda to somewhere else.

If anything, the current crisis should lead to more powers being transferred to the EU, an EU wide stockpile of medical goods and pandemic response team.

Like, the literal problem in this instance is France going it alone.
"We should break down the unifying body that's supposed to mediate between national interests to work towards a shared goal"
-Astandahl

Jesus Christ.

So who imposed austerity to Greece and Italy? Who wrote the Growth and Stability Pact? Bail in ?

These things have been decided by the EU and the results are not great ( to say the least ). Imagine if they had more power lmao...

EUgwxEeXsAERmC1

The "good" EU.

Deleted member 2328

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So who imposed austerity to Greece and Italy? Who wrote the Growth and Stability Pact? Bail in ?

These things have been decided by the EU and the results are not great ( to say the least ). Imagine if they had more power lmao...

EUgwxEeXsAERmC1

The "good" EU.
First, this is off-topic.
Second, you better start posting sources to your statements and print-screens.
Third, no one receives "instructions". There are recommendations and legislation proposals that have to be voted at the EU parliament.

Back to topic. If this is true the Commission may threat sanctions for breaking the single-market rules the same way it did to Germany.

Last edited:

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
It's. Not. The. E. U.

Member states are showing their asses all around. The EU institutions are literally designed to be powerless, they are literally not set up by design to deal with the crisis at hand.
Which is why we need a stronger and more powerful EU, a higher EU budget and more federalisation.
I know it's not EU, it's just that countries shows their ass to the union the minute a crisis hit doesn't inspire much confidance.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We really need to rethink the EU once all this is over. Germany has been stealing medical supplies from other countries for weeks...
There was a rule in place for few days which stated that all deals with medical equipment made in Germany needed to get approved by an authority before it got sold to other countries. While it's not the nicest thing to do it is still pretty far off from your "stealing supplies from other countries for weeks" claim.