• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
htGrFYZ.gif

This is amazing.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are these even counted as reviews? Or even seen by people for the most part? I feel like they're irrelevant and the only way they're going to become relevant is if people start highlighting and writing more and more about them.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Are these even counted as reviews? Or even seen by people for the most part? I feel like they're irrelevant and the only way they're going to become relevant is if people start highlighting and writing more and more about them.

Not really. It's just people preemptively voicing their displeasure for a film they haven't even seen yet; though the reasoning for such can be read on the first post. Yes, they are irrelevant!

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I mean putting the topic to the side for a bit, I honestly feel what could also factor into CM, is that her current comic book incarnation (ever since donning the alias), being a pretty divisive character, due to some rather questionable actions she did. Case in point: Civil War II.

Plus not to mention all the comments that she shouldn't carry the mantel or that Billy Batson (originally called CM) is the only one worthy of the title.

Those comments I could understand but this seems purely about what Brie Larson said.

When they cast Kamala Khan I don't even want to read any comments. That's gonna get ugly.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I have to say I'm surprised. Marvel fans are usually painted as uber progressive (in my experience consuming CBM news) so to see this many people freaking out is kind of strange?

Well first of all Marvel movies are extremely popular with wide spectrums of people across all races, sexes, nationalities, etc. Progressive people love Marvel movies and perhaps even generally dominate online conversation about Marvel movies, but plenty of regressive assholes do too. It's not like the Snyder era DC where the movies actively attracted misanthropic assholes who hated everyone, especially women and minorities, but there are plenty of racists and sexists who still want to watch a fun Marvel movie.

Secondly, many of these people review bombing are probably not necessarily even Marvel fans.

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean that people are going to defend this movie as good regardless of it's quality like what happened with Ghostbusters when misogynistic man babies hated on that movie?

I'm personally hoping it's really good because I'm paying money to see it.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
mod edit: let's leave other forums in the past please
mis·an·drist - 1.a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men

Well with all these snowflakes, I don't blame her. I hate men too. I often have to apologize on behalf of my gender to my women friends for what other assholes have done to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh life is so hard for straight white males. Besides every other category of person, nobody's got it rougher.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What she said is something PoC media people have said for years. They would not get invited and if they were, they would be stuck in the back with little access

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
They can whine all they want. Nobody is stopping the Marvel train, especially now that we are in the run-up to Endgame. Captain Marvel will make bank and we will drown in their salty tears.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
What she said is something PoC media people have said for years. They would not get invited and if they were, they would be stuck in the back with little access

Yeah, the basics of it was basically since a movie like Cap Marvel is a high profile movie, most outlets would send their most high profile or senior person to review it or to interview the star. And the vast majority of the time, that person would be white. So even when the outlets themselves may be diverse, the junkets and press screenings wouldn't be.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
mod edit: let's leave other forums in the past please
Jesus please say that's a fake

I just can't believe that dude fell so hard just over people telling him to stop sexually assaulting people. Like it's not hard to not sexually assault people. I don't sexually assault people all the time. In fact I'm not doing it right now. While I'm posting!

Anyways I'm really hoping this movie doesn't get the TLJ treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 31, 2017
Exactly my reaction lol!

I mean putting the topic to the side for a bit, I honestly feel what could also factor into CM, is that her current comic book incarnation (ever since donning the alias), being a pretty divisive character, due to some rather questionable actions she did. Case in point: Civil War II.

Plus not to mention all the comments that she shouldn't carry the mantel or that Billy Batson (originally called CM) is the only one worthy of the title.

Carol's been "controversial" at least since she was went from Ms. Marvel in a bikini to Captain Marvel in a nearly fully covered costume so she already had a backlash before Civil War 2

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We don't need cross-forum drama taking over this thread. Please get back on topic. Thanks.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was this and more for Black Panther and Wonder Woman. There is no effect on the box office because all these whining manchildren will either go see the movie anyway or can't get a ride from their parents.

"this movie was SO bad - basically a lame feminist MAN-ifesto (they're too weak and distaff and busy demeaning themselves to Chads to have their own words for rambling threat filled essays) that the only time I felt anything during this excruciatingly beta "movie" was when I cried at the post credits scene when Thanos said that one thing from that one obscure panel, then, after watching at imax three times just to make SURE it was feminazi SJW trash, I bought both editions of the Blu-ray, sneeringly, to own the libs."

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You'd have to imagine that the algorithm is smart enough to discount pre-release super negative reviews. I hope?
Also, it's like a dozen. This is like when they make an article referencing a few tweets, and present it as a huge reaction. Let the man-babies have their fun - we'll be enjoying a badass Captain Marvel film.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Those comments I could understand but this seems purely about what Brie Larson said.

When they cast Kamala Khan I don't even want to read any comments. That's gonna get ugly.
Oh I can imagine that. I mean yeah this thread is mainly on those trolls being shitty, but people bring up how it won't affect BO just like what happened with BP and WW. But the thing is that both were pretty much well-liked characters for decades, whilst Carol hasn't had the best of times in terms of her actual comic book portrayal. She's pretty infamous even among the Marvel fan base.

Then again Tony Stark was a pretty controversial himself before his first film came out. Maybe history can repeat, I just hope for the best. I definitely have faith the people at Marvel Studios will make a better version of Carol.

I'm definitely won't be taking those review bombers for granted.

Carol's been "controversial" at least since she was went from Ms. Marvel in a bikini to Captain Marvel in a nearly fully covered costume so she already had a backlash before Civil War 2

Oh yeah. And I remember that she was impregnated one time as well. Think that was a subject Linkara (?) did one time.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those that haven't caught up, this is basically that's upsetting some people

So I'm gonna be generous and completely serious and say that this is a Poe's Law satire.

At 2:50 seconds he declares that women, who are actually slightly to significantly more populous than men in the US, and actually most places (including Europe and Australasia and all the places these folks normally tolerate or sort of worship) with low infanticide, are a MINORITY.

That and the editing and excruciating passive aggression on "it did great financially, but fans hated it" honestly sound like satire. No tuning required. Just seems like jokes.

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus please say that's a fake

I just can't believe that dude fell so hard just over people telling him to stop sexually assaulting people. Like it's not hard to not sexually assault people. I don't sexually assault people all the time. In fact I'm not doing it right now. While I'm posting!

Anyways I'm really hoping this movie doesn't get the TLJ treatment.
Tyler was always an asshole.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
Another reason why I don't pay too much attention to user reviews when they're so overly negative.

It's usually because of a perceived political reason.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty sad. She's doing this for all the right reasons and manbabies are crying into the ether about ess Jay dubyas. What is it about equality that hurts them so?

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I do wonder if those guys would still react negatively, if she had just stated that she wants a diverse group of people to critique her film and didn't even once mention Caucasian men in her statement at hand. Though she did use a study to help back up her stance.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Coincidentally I checked NeoGAF for the first time in a long time today and there was a big thread on how Brie is horrible for saying/doing this and they hope the movie bombs because of it.

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
Brie Larson: I thought my press junkets were looking a little too familiar, so I had a study done that proves my observation. So I'm going to do my part to make sure my press junkets have more diversity.

White manbabies: "WHAT? YOU HATE WHITE MEN? YOU ARE A RACIST AND SEXIST SJW! WHITE GENOCIDE! WHITE GENOCIDE!!!"