• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 30, 2017
To tell you the truth the Fox-Men gets a lot of hate from many different forums not just here. Just the X-Men fans and some movie goers who hate the MCU prefer them over other comic book movies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never got the hype for it either. Looking back I feel the only movies I genuinely enjoyed were First Class and Logan.

The only thing I care for from x2 is the nightcrawler scene.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
That Magnetto speech is one of my favorite scenes in all film.

DoFP was so good.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I'm going to miss the Fox X-Men when all is said and done. It has the right amount of campiness to be fun but also engaging enough to care about the storyline. Even with all the time jumping shit.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017

Better than anything that will ever come out of Disney

Whew. Such a dope scene. I enjoyed Endgame but DOFP still the best superhero ensemble movie for me since x2 tbh. A shame how inconsistent the franchise was tho to go from this to shit like apocalypse for instance

Also only xmen movies worth a damn are 2, Logan and dofp. Tho I also enjoy parts of wolverine too

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First Class is one of my favorite comic movies, and I don't know if there's a better scene for me in ANY comic book movie than Erik killing nazis in a bar.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
First Class is one of my favorite comic movies, and I don't know if there's a better scene for me in ANY comic book movie than Erik killing nazis in a bar.

I didn't even like the Singer ones, including DOFP which is a really bloated and poorly paced movie with a few top quality scenes. But for some reason First Class does it for me. It's my favorite one of the run and that scene alone resonates with me more than any single one throughout the MCU so far.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even like the Singer ones, DOFP is a really bloated and boring movie with a few top quality scenes. But for some reason First Class does it for me. It's my favorite one of the run and that scene alone resonates with me more than any single one throughout the MCU so far.

Yeah, I don't like most of the Xmen movies, but I love first class. I really wish they'd done more with Magneto other than the will he/won't he be a villain. Really wasted Fassbender on the role, imo.

Logan is great, too.

Yung Kyubii

Banned
May 12, 2018
DOFP was wack and I don't get why people hold it in such high esteem. The only gems the FOX franchise produced are X2 and Logan and that's it.

It's the truth brutha.

I liked it when it came out, but on a rewatch its connections to the OG trilogy bring it down.

The lowkey best X-Men movie is The Wolverine Extended R-rated cut. Since it is a side story.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I've kind of retroactively grown to dislike DOFP because it throws out a ton of the stuff First Class did well in order to make a movie that apologizes for X-Men 3

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Loveeed these 2 are GOATs in the super hero genre
X2
Days of Future past

Liked
Deadpool 1
Deadpool 2
First class

Alright
Logan ( too much tropes for me)
X-men 1 ( magneto is so awesome in this but ....its a bit dated )

Decent but has problems
X-Men the last Stand ( this is a guilty pleasure of mine, loved the premise of that kid disabling powers butttt the Jean/pheonix stuff sucked ass)

Way to Ruin the set up Days of future past built :(
X-Men Apocalypse what a disappointment, the magneto stuff is easily the worst in the series in this one, not to mention Apocalypse was a joke

Meh didn't even bother to finish watching
Wolverine Origins ( yyuuuck)
The wolverine ( Japanese one? ) I don't remember I never finished this

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
The Fox X-Men franchise is honestly more solid than not. X2, DOFP, Deadpool, and Logan are some of the greats, the first X-Men really set the superhero blockbuster back in motion, and First Class is one of the best reboots out there. It had some stinkers, but so does the MCU.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
As someone who wasn't into comics,I loved the first two X-Men movies. I didn't like the third one,but had a good time with the wolverine spinoffs. First class was crazy good and Fassbender really nailed Magneto for me. Days of the future past was X-Mens Endgame and just a perfect culmination of everything. Apocalypse was ehh. I don't hate it as much as many others but it just wasn't good. I haven't seen Logan yet though but I guess it's a great movie.

But overall I think the x-men movies just aren't as good as the mcu overall. While dofp and first class are really great movies, the fall short of the greatness that was infinity war and endgame,and the low of the x-men are far lower than the lows of the mcu.

But overall there are some x-men movies that are better than some of the mcu movies of course. I rate dofp far higher than say iron man 2 or thor 2.

What I don't get is that you seemingly can be only a fan of one of the franchises

scitek

Oct 27, 2017

this scene tho

X2 is the best X-Men movie

Great scene.

Surprised by the lack of wack gifs

I3Wf0b.gif

source.gif

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
X1, X2, First Class, DOFP, Logan - all great movies in my opinion.

Only one I had hopes for that dropped the ball was Apocalypse. And probably now Dark Phoenix.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
DOFP was a mixed bag for me. As a fan of the source material it frustrated me in various ways. Swapping out Kitty for Wolverine, swapping out Rachel for Kitty, turning the sentinels into ugly GGI blobs instead of the iconic humanoid robots they were in the comics. But in its defense it did have the ridiculous, neon-colored mutant power battle scenes that for the first time in an X-Men film didn't look like they were embarrassed by their source material. And overall it was a more satisfying experience than First Class, so it ranks for me as one of the better Fox X-Men attempts.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
First Class and DOFP were the best X-men since 2; don;t know what happened after these two movies...

Oct 26, 2017
There's a lot of good to great scenes in the Fox X-Men films. Even The Last Stand as much as I abhor it has a few gems like Magneto destroying the convoy, and Wolverine and Jean's final interaction.

The one that's my personal favourite is Logan holding Rogue as his wounds from his long life start to open and bleed during the finale of the first film. Kamen killed it with his score during that scene:

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
DOFP was wack and I don't get why people hold it in such high esteem. The only gems the FOX franchise produced are X2 and Logan and that's it.

Agreed. To be fair I have only seen people praise DOFP like it was something special here. And here alone. Modern great superhero films from Nolan's Batman onward have been next level when done right. DOFP does not fit in beside these films at all. Was mediocre all around.

Edit: Let me clarify, that its not X3 bad. It's good for the XMen franchise specifically. Its good when besides THOSE films. But its mediocre when compared to the great SH films that have sprung up in the years since the Xmen franchise started. That sort of ho-hum film just isnt impressive anymore the way it would have been in the X1 days.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The X-Men series has been around for ages yet still has half baked characters. Logan, Charles, Magneto Mystique. Everyone else is inconsequential. X-Men as a series is a perfect example of Hollywood's approach to Superhero movies - only the powers really matter.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
DOFP was awesome. One of my favorites in the series along with Logan. I didn't realize it wasn't generally considered a quality X-Men movie. It's a shame they followed it up with Apocalypse, but meh.

I did get to see an advanced screening of Dark Phoenix for FOX employees, and while I won't give any spoilers away, it was actually...good (I so did not think I'd come out of the movie having enjoyed it, that's for sure). I think they did a much better job with the Dark Phoenix story and premise, and the tone and feel of the movie was really well done. Pleasantly surprised, as I expected it to be a dumpster fire considering it was being helmed by the same person that wrote the abysmal The Last Stand. It was actually a solid conclusion to this style of X-Men films. If it had been left at Apocalypse, that would have been a sad way to end that era. It's not up there with Logan, Deadpool, DOFP for me, but it's better than X-3, and Apocalypse by a longshot. I have pretty strong nostalgia for X-Men and X-2, so I tend to have a soft spot for them, but I don't think they've aged particularly well, though they do have some standout stuff in them.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
DOFP got wayyyyy too much credit, I feel like people were just high on seeing the old X-Men again. The movie is boring as hell. Only decent X-Men movies are Logan and First Class
True statement.

DOFP gets some credit just for believably stitching together the mainline & First Class universes into one narrative. And even then, it's a messy execution. Ultimately it's still a Bryan Singer X-Men film, which means bland direction & crap action from start to finish.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh? DoFP and Logan are better then anything I've watched from MCU.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Someone explain why Quicksilver was missing from the entire third act.

Because he breaks the movie. His action scenes are awesome, but they ruin the character by turning him into late stage Barry Allen, and he never receives anything remotely resembling character development.

Now explain how DoFP's time travel is better than EG's. Or how EG's doesn't make sense, despite them stopping the film twice to explain how it works.

Lmfao