• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I'd consider it a tactic, but the resulting vote count would be worse for Trump.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

Take a look at Northwest Angle, Minnesota.

The only way to get to the town is either by boat, or to go into Canada and then come across the border.

northwest-angle-2.png

It's freaking pointless.
this owns

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep.

Take a look at Northwest Angle, Minnesota.

The only way to get to the town is either by boat, or to go into Canada and then come across the border.

northwest-angle-2.png

It's freaking pointless.
It was an unmonitored border crossing and after 9/11 they built some video conference monstrosity for remote monitoring that still pretty much rely on the honor system. It's probably the most ridiculous security theater I have seen in my life.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
The state borders in the US would be a lot simpler if they had access to quality maps at the time instead of relying upon hearsay from traders. There's some crazy border weirdness between the US & Canada for the same reasons.

I mean... Europe has plenty of spots with crazy borders due to millennia of conflicting land claims between various fiefdoms and the Catholic Church's holdings.

18th/19th century cartography standards are a far better excuse for slightly off-kilter border shape than The Landlord With the Bigger Sword Said So.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I knew this in grade school. Not even from geography lessons, but because of a little bit of trivia that states that only one of the Great Lakes is actually completely inside the United States border. That lake is, purely by coincidence I'm sure, called Lake Michigan.

Well technically Huron and Michigan are one lake, not two.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
They basically own us anyways up here. They don't even use their own Walmart, they come and crowd ours.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
They basically own us anyways up here. They don't even use their own Walmart, they come and crowd ours.

I still remember the time when my mom went with her co-workers to Duluth (I know it isn't Michigan) to go to a Walmart and Target back in the early/mid 90s because we didn't have them in my hometown.