• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
While Trump was busy distracting everyone with the election, Canada is starting to slowly take over the states.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, they're onto us already. EVERYONE, "CAR".

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
Was this a just a graphic screwup somehow or did they say canadians(dead or alive) voted for Biden too lol. Because you never know with hannity.

May 26, 2018
Take the rest of us with you, please!

Upper Michigan:
tenor.gif

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
imma guess they just saw sault ste marie on both sides of the river and were super confused

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
Sure we'd take it though it always look strange to me why it isn't just part of Wisconsin.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be expecting a bit more than just the Upper Peninsula in a trade involving a swap for Alberta. Throw Washington State in and I'll accept that deal.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure I knew this in grade school. Not even from geography lessons, but because of a little bit of trivia that states that only one of the Great Lakes is actually completely inside the United States border. That lake is, purely by coincidence I'm sure, called Lake Michigan.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
You should look up the Toledo War sometime.

Toledo War - Wikipedia

Michigan & Ohio were fighting over the rights to the city of Toledo. Ohio won so Michigan was given the upper peninsula as a consolation prize

Michigan won that deal
Wow interesting! Learned something new about US history, haha! Seems strange why they couldn't just use the Maumee River there as the natural boundary between Michigan and Ohio though. Border boundary can be so weird sometimes!

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
According to another map we got from our sources, it seems that thousands of Canadians voted in our election. And yet the radical left wonders why we are crying foul!

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I knew this in grade school. Not even from geography lessons, but because of a little bit of trivia that states that only one of the Great Lakes is actually completely inside the United States border. That lake is, purely by coincidence I'm sure, called Lake Michigan.
Not really a coincidence. The lake's name came first but it makes a lot more sense when you realize what the michigan territory looked liked after the formation of Indiana, Illinois & Ohio as states:

iNlox2G.png

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Wow interesting! Learned something new about US history, haha! Seems strange why they couldn't just use the Maumee River there as the natural boundary between Michigan and Ohio though. Border boundary can be so weird sometimes!
The US just wanted to make the northwest territory into 3-5 states so they just arbitrarily divided the map in half with the southernmost point of Lake Michigan as the dividing point. But they were relying upon super inaccurate maps, hence the chaos. Ohio would never want to use the Maumee river though because they feared losing access to the great lakes (and therefore the ocean)

The state borders in the US would be a lot simpler if they had access to quality maps at the time instead of relying upon hearsay from traders. There's some crazy border weirdness between the US & Canada for the same reasons.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
The US just wanted to make the northwest territory into 3-5 states so they just arbitrarily divided the map in half with the southernmost point of Lake Michigan as the dividing point. But they were relying upon super inaccurate maps, hence the chaos. Ohio would never want to use the Maumee river though because they feared losing access to the great lakes (and therefore the ocean)

The state borders in the US would be a lot simpler if they had access to quality maps at the time instead of relying upon hearsay from traders. There's some crazy border weirdness between the US & Canada for the same reasons.

Yep.

Take a look at Northwest Angle, Minnesota.

The only way to get to the town is either by boat, or to go into Canada and then come across the border.

northwest-angle-2.png

It's freaking pointless.