• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
As your neighbor, I really hope that Bernie wins. He's the one with the soundest ideas and the guts to deliver them.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But that feeling is based on nothing.
It's based on a reinforced echo chamber.

But yeah, the "Biden has no chance against Trump" crowd is a headscratching one divorced from reality.
My "feeling" is very simply that Biden is Clinton 2.0. Also I do not believe that "Biden has no chance against Trump". I believe that Biden has less of a chance against Trump than you know, an actually good candidate that people will vote for like Sanders.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My "feeling" is very simply that Biden is Clinton 2.0. Also I do not believe that "Biden has no chance against Trump". I believe that Biden has less of a chance against Trump than you know, an actually good candidate that people will vote for like Sanders.

Why didn't people vote for him against Clinton, then? Why don't more people support him than support Biden now? You can disagree with those people's choices but you can't just make them disappear.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't people vote for him against Clinton, then? Why don't more people support him than support Biden now? You can disagree with those people's choices but you can't just make them disappear.
He wasn't as known at that point. People didn't care as much at that point because we hadn't actually had Trump as our president.

And I believe that in actual reality, many many more people do support Sanders than Biden. I hope that reflects when it's time to vote. You can use the poll numbers and I'll use the donation numbers and figures to show that. I like my metric better.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
He wasn't as known at that point. People didn't care as much at that point because we hadn't actually had Trump as our president.

And I believe that in actual reality, many many more people do support Sanders than Biden. I hope that reflects when it's time to vote.

I think people just thought that it was obvious that Hillary was gonna win, yea she had some negative stuff in her career, but there's no way trump would beat Hillary. Also, the polls had Hillary up. Also, we can't run such a progressive candidate! we need a more moderate coalition like Hillarys. Hillary who was so sure to win, lost.

find and replace Hillary with Biden in the above and its also true and it might also lead to the same result.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

And I believe that in actual reality, many many more people do support Sanders than Biden. I hope that reflects when it's time to vote.

"The silent majority" is a myth that fans of the underdog always seem to turn to. It won't overcome double digit leads.

2016 was a primary between Clinton and Sanders. The argument he wasn't well known then makes no sense at all. He was on the news every day for months.

I know you want it to be true that Sanders is secretly the most popular but the media and the democratic committee and whoever else conspires to deny and overcome this but it isn't actually true in reality. More people voted for Clinton, and right now more people want Joe Biden.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The silent majority" is a myth that fans of the underdog always seem to turn to. It won't overcome double digit leads.

2016 was a primary between Clinton and Sanders. The argument he wasn't well known then makes no sense at all. He was on the news every day for months.

I know you want it to be true that Sanders is secretly the most popular but the media and the democratic committee and whoever else conspires to deny and overcome this but it isn't actually true in reality. More people voted for Clinton, and right now more people want Joe Biden.
Time will overcome "double digit" leads though. It will make a difference because Sanders/Warren will (hopefully) gain support and Biden will lose support. This is what's currently happening. The good thing is we're still some months away from the first votes. Things can change drastically by that point. Again though, many of the first Primary states show Sanders in 1st or 2nd place right now.

And yes if you weren't paying close attention it's easy to think everybody knew Sanders by that point, but I don't agree at all. Going by donations again, it took him 9 months to reach a million donors in 2016, while it took him only 7 months (a record for any candidate) to reach that number this time. Things have changed.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time will overcome "double digit" leads though. It will make a difference because Sanders/Warren will (hopefully) gain support and Biden will lose support. This is what's currently happening. The good thing is we're still some months away from the first votes. Things can change drastically by that point. Again though, many of the first Primary states show Sanders in 1st or 2nd place right now.

And yes if you weren't paying close attention it's easy to think everybody knew Sanders by that point, but I don't agree at all. Going by donations again, it took him 9 months to reach a million donors in 2016, while it took him only 7 months (a record for any candidate) to reach that number this time. Things have changed.

Donations to all democrats are up with Trump in office.

The second choice for many Sanders and Warren voters isn't Sanders or Warren. You can't treat their bases as completely interchangeable.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
this

it isn't that hard guys, just peak at the polling average once every few weeks. stop overfitting to noise.

I'm... reasonably confident that the point of this thread isn't because the op actually thinks this proves anything

it's because it's a response to the previous thread claiming that sanders is falling, which is a response to the previous thread saying sanders is rising, which is a response to the previous thread saying sanders is falling, which... you get the point

basically, there's a group of people set on antagonizing each other, and they do it in the dumbest way imaginable because it's the internet

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Donations to all democrats are up with Trump in office.

The second choice for many Sanders and Warren voters isn't Sanders or Warren. You can't treat their bases as completely interchangeable.
Yeah I agree there. I bring Warren into it since she is currently rising (or is she "plummeting"?!) and Biden is currently dropping and I'd be happy settling on Warren if that time comes. Either of them are just infinitely better than Biden. Hell I hate Clinton, but at least she was coherent.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
🔥 ban single poll threads 🔥
🔥 bring back the all-encompassing primary thread and actually fucking moderate it this time 🔥
vyoM2aB.png

Polling average, A- rated and above, i.e. no garbage Harrix polls.

Surging.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We don't need a thread for every individual poll, especially when the OP themselves thinks they are a bit meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.