• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
Yep. It's so sad people watch this. So for me every person I know that watches Fox News gets a side eye from me. As a POC I know deep down how they feel if not about me about others that look like me.

Exactly. Fox News simply reveals what is already there. In some ways Fox News has been beneficial to this nation. It helped unmask all of the bigots and racists. Before FoxNews, there wasnt such an easy way to so quickly know someone's perspective.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
"We" "won", since putting quotation marks around the entire phrase would be inaccurate.

It was stolen and you'd be the first coward to flee from an actual battlefield from the previous centuries, douchebag.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
To be fair to him it is an effective debate strategy to make an argument that suggests he's so fucking stupid he'd need to be put through several college courses to explain why its fundamentally wrong. Double so when he knows its BS.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
This is some Michael Scott backward ass posturing.

"…And then we helped black people get to America faster and even provided them with jobs and housing. Why is everyone so harsh on this slavery thing?"

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Saying the white supremacist part out loud. They're probably six months away from just straight up returning to the "we need to civilize these savages" line of rationale that dominated 19th century America.

Jun 20, 2019
Remember the time when the US subverted the usual pattern of breaking a treaty with First Peoples within the first months of ratification? We broke the treaty of Ft. Laramie before it was even signed.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Its time to get rid of Fox news... Like how can they publically say something just plain wrong with no repercussion or penalty?
American absolutist position on free speech. We must tolerate all speech, even intolerant speech.

I'm sure that won't turn out badly in the long run or anything 🙄

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
7bSs7ayouW5G-VByCOCzqqiwt5E=.gif

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Unbelievable.
And "we"? Fuck off dude, you are so far removed from that shit, you don't need to be carrying on the fight in that 'battle' you fucking cretinous scumwad.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
America broke treaties, a violation of one of the most important features of international law. It should honor them and offer reparations.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for being a negative nelly, but I'm really getting tired of the indirect Fox News content pipeline thanks to liberal and progressive media talking about every little horrible and dumb thing, and liberals and progressives sharing their content to comment on it and be outraged.

I don't see what we gain from all this hate viewing aside from just giving their content more exposure. It feels to me like a distraction from more useful ventures.
Yeah, it might be more constructive to focus on ways to discredit and undermine the conservative propaganda machine.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Unfortunately might makes right works too well on the common people.

We've been trained that there are people who "deserve" their success because they are better than us.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I'm going to Wells Fargo tomorrow with a bat and ending this mortgage nonsense once and for all. Do I need to challenge a regional manager or the branch manager to mortal combat?

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do they just not teach American history in school or is it just warped?

Almost all US history education before university level is pure lies, worse than worthless. I took AP US History at a top 2% (at the time) high school, and even there we were taught nonsense like our Civil War not being about slavery.

Last edited:

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
The worst thing about this dude is he knows exactly what he's doing. The smug smile. He must sit in the dark and conjure up things to say just to get people riled up while also acting as affirmations for genocidal nationalists. I wish him the worst and count the day till whatever dark shit he's into comes into the light.

Feb 16, 2018

the US literally stole lots of land, which they don't really teach

but a lot of it was conquered via conquest (you can call this a different type of stealing), which might not be taught directly. people can figure that part out if they have a functioning brain, but fox news hosts are unlikely to possess that talent

there are some lunatics who described the whole continent as unsettled, but i don't know if they actually allow that to be put in curriculums. it might vary state-to-state. and individual teachers can probably ignore some of those rules without consequence

i don't know the ratio of what land was stolen vs conquered if you really want to make that distinction

lots of land people live on (not just Americans) was conquered at some point in the past by someone, probably illegitimately. in that sense, almost everything is stolen. just depends how far back you want to go. for the US, it just happens to be a lot more recent than some other countries' land

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
US History in public schools, even decent ones, is mostly fairy tales although they will describe events.

"The Pilgrims wanted to practice their religious freedoms, so they sailed West, and encountered the Indians in America. There, they set up their colonies. Along the way, some conflicts broke out with the Native Americans, and there was some fighting between the two groups. Then the 13 colonies said 'No taxation without Representation' and the American Revolution came-"

It's all kind of like that

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Exactly. Fox News simply reveals what is already there. In some ways Fox News has been beneficial to this nation. It helped unmask all of the bigots and racists. Before FoxNews, there wasnt such an easy way to so quickly know someone's perspective.

The many, many people who claimed to have lost parents and/or grandparents to Fox would like to have a word with you. Their stories frequently tell of loved ones who used to be more conservative or old-fashioned than they were, but with whom discussion was possible even if they didn't always agree. Said stories invariably ended with mourning the process of those same loved ones turning into mouth-pieces for whatever stuff Trump or Hannity spouted the night before, often practically paraphrased, who were just angry all the time and who'd bring up the latest conspiracy out of the blue even if the dinner conversation was about something completely different before.

It's a little short-sighted to purely see Fox and its right-wing cousins as "unmasking mechanisms" for people who were crazy and evil all along, rather than as channels that take people's grievances and nurture them, validate, amplify and then weaponize them, all the while telling those viewers that trains of thought that used to be socially unacceptable are, in fact, perfectly acceptable because look, all these high-profile people in your media bubble are saying and thinking the same.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The many, many people who claimed to have lost parents and/or grandparents to Fox would like to have a word with you. Their stories frequently tell of loved ones who used to be more conservative or old-fashioned than they were, but with whom discussion was possible even if they didn't always agree. Said stories invariably ended with mourning the process of those same loved ones turning into mouth-pieces for whatever stuff Trump or Hannity spouted the night before, often practically paraphrased, who were just angry all the time and who'd bring up the latest conspiracy out of the blue even if the dinner conversation was about something completely different before.

It's a little short-sighted to purely see Fox and its right-wing cousins as "unmasking mechanisms" for people who were crazy and evil all along, rather than as channels that take people's grievances and nurture them, validate, amplify and then weaponize them, all the while telling those viewers that trains of thought that used to be socially unacceptable are, in fact, perfectly acceptable because look, all these high-profile people in your media bubble are saying and thinking the same.
Thank you

Pand

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fox has been steadily radicalizing Americans for as long as I've known of their existence. Extreme and increasing social disparity has made it easier and easier for them. You don't pop out of the womb an ignorant bigot, that shit's taught.

TCB

Oct 19, 2019

It's not just Fox News anymore either, it's Steven Crowder, Joe Rogan, Tim Pool, Jordan Peterson, whoever else. I have so many people in my life that regurgitate their talking points over and over. At best they were centrists or moderate conservatives, but they would have laughed at Fox News years before. Now I find them making the same arguments Tucker Carlson might make, and they do not listen to other points of view without being incredibly hostile.

I hung out with an old friend who I hadn't seen in years, who I remembered being very progressive last time we talked, but within about 5 minutes he started going into those same right-wing talking points. It feels like I'm living through a shittier version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

theLusitanian

Nov 3, 2017
Fox has been steadily radicalizing Americans for as long as I've known of their existence. Extreme and increasing social disparity has made it easier and easier for them. You don't pop out of the womb an ignorant bigot, that shit's taught.
Remember how easy it was as a kid to make friends? Anyone around the same age and area was a potential friend. Fox News hates kids.