• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
I started watching wrestling through women's wrestling and from I've been told AEW hasn't really tried to showcase their women.
I think that's mainly a side effect of a lot of their women being green and not really known to a US audience. We have watched Britt grow into who she is now and I have no doubt the other women will get there but it will take time. Women's wrestling gets featured in decent to good matches each week on both shows, but there's a rumor floating around that TNT will only let them do one womens match a week.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Gee, I wonder why WWE aren't achieving great market numbers in big cities like Chicago and New York.

A wise man once said: "I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family."

Maybe the daughter but you don't have to worry about the doofus son-in-law. After seeing what NXT has become, not surprised if we find out all he does is just refill the 5 gallon bottles at the water coolers.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Daniel Bryan heel Planet's Champion was a much better version of this a couple years ago. But even then, it's still weird as hell.

Last edited:

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not in WWE it ain't. They got a history of making left wing/progressive strawmen and making caricatures of their characters, playing them for jokes and making them heels. (Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Jinder Mahal and more). WWE writing is just an extension of fox news shit.

Yes. 100% agree. But there is something here with the right people / company involved

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
The whole NXT 2.0 thing is baffling to me. They expect this to do better ratings?

Fuck WWE. Watch AEW.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I started watching wrestling through women's wrestling and from I've been told AEW hasn't really tried to showcase their women.
I don't really agree with this. Their women's stuff has been consistently fun to watch. They're leaning pretty hard on Brit right now since she's the best at talking but I've had no real issues with where these matches have been.

I will agree that there haven't been too many amazing rivalries or feuds, mostly because the women's roster has a lot of guests, but I think that's going to change soon. I feel like they depend on Britt and Nyla too much though, now that Ruby's there, I'd like to see more variety happen.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His haircut and costuming already have him looking like a proud boy so he's prepped and ready for the heelturn. Enter Joe "Racist n' Racy" Gacy.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
I didn't know safe space was "political"/controversial I always thought it was just thoughtful and figured others felt likewise and now I'm reconsidering all the times/places I've said it. It's not like I regret it but it seems weird that that would be taken as antagonistic. Heck it's the people pleasing part of me. This world makes no sense.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
A shocking turn of events from a company who has vilified gay men, women who don't want to be portrayed as sex objects, foreigners for being foreign, Muslim americans for not wanting to be seen as terrorists, multiple people concerned about the environment...

Well, AEW is the complete opposite of WWE. I wouldn't write off the entire wrestling industry because of that sports entertainment company from Stamford.

It's right there in AEW's company mission statement.

Just had my own personal CM Punk return pop at my desk, great to see you here!

They absolutely can do better by the women working there, but last night on their biggest (by attendance) show as a company they did feature the women's title in a 15+ minute main event match and there was a rumor floating around Twitter yesterday that they are ready to introduce a second women's title.

The primary problem with women's wrestling in AEW is that they never have more than a single women's match on weekly TV. About 90% of the time, this one match comes at the same time slot and is about 6 minutes long and always includes a commercial break. They've also been building two stars almost at the expense of other women on the roster. Because they only have one women's match and one (or rarely two) women's promo segments per show, the huge focus on those two can result in everybody else falling behind.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A wise man once said: "I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family."
This isn't going to happen anymore. Triple H is in the dog house after NXT 1.0 failed to stop AEW, and now Vince is either going to cash-out and sell the company or leave it in the hands of Kevin Dunn, Bruce Prichard and John Laurinaitis when he dies.
The whole NXT 2.0 thing is baffling to me. They expect this to do better ratings?
Yes? That's exactly why they're doing all this. Vince legit believes big dudes, goofy gimmicks, dick jokes and soap opera bullshit all make for a better wrestling show than, y'know, wrestling.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
WWE is the company that had the brilliant idea of turning several prospective wrestlers into a shitty Antifa parody group who said that they "Wanted to clean up WWE" but then immediately signed contracts with WWE because Vince thinks Antifa are made up of people who just want to destroy stuff and get paid for doing no work.

Alos they all have stupid comedy names like T-Bar and Slapjack which I can't decide whether Vince finds them intimidating or funny

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
I think I saw somewhere that they're trying to make NXT 'edgier' and this does feel like it's trying to be an Attitude Era character/story.

Attitude Era was written for 14 year olds who want to feel like they're watching a big boy show, so this checks out.

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
Lol FOX News running advertorials for their conservative buddies after this manufactured drama failed to catch on organically is objectively hilarious to me

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
Whatever happened to the Antifa stable? Did any member manage to benefit from that?

I get it. But, this is a situation where any reaction is a win for them. You've literally linked to Fox News. And getting the left to respond is what WWE wants because if they do, then people on the right will fall in love with it out of spite. I can already see the youtube videos from both sides that will be going up over the next 24 hours, and if it catches fire, they won.

And this right here 👍🏼‍

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Lol this is Vinces idea of edgy

fuck that guy

oh don't get it twisted AEW is definitely right winged too from the higher up side

just way less in your face about it and seem to keep their politics out of the product. But their biggest stars are left so it definitely balances out

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
This is how you counter Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson and put some butts in the seats

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Why on earth did they give the "woke" character the Richard Spencer haircut?

Whatever happened to the Antifa stable? Did any member manage to benefit from that?

Of course not. Half of them were Future Endeavoured, two of them became the new Bash'em Brothers, and Ali is tagging with the Transparent Nod to Saudi Arabia Guy because they have something in common.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know safe space was "political"/controversial I always thought it was just thoughtful and figured others felt likewise and now I'm reconsidering all the times/places I've said it. It's not like I regret it but it seems weird that that would be taken as antagonistic. Heck it's the people pleasing part of me. This world makes no sense.
What you see as thoughtfulness is just everything conservatives hate about the other side. They don't like anything that forces them to be empathetic or 'PC'. So when shitheads make fun of it, all it really does is highlight how little humanity they have.

Grifter

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, your usage is correct. Chuds misunderstand and twist these terms that are actually incredibly complimentary, e.g., woke, SJW, etc.

His haircut and costuming already have him looking like a proud boy so he's prepped and ready for the heelturn. Enter Joe "Racist n' Racy" Gacy.
In this company, that's a face turn.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I don't get it.

How is this supposed to draw heat. Most people would just be confused while younger people would be turned off by this. And as far as owning libs go, this is weak. It's not like I care about the newbie getting routed. Plus, it's already been done better:

The Daniel Bryan heel Planet's Champion was a much better version of this a couple years ago.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Is this the edgy content that's supposed to attract the 18-34 demographic they were talking about? lmao.

It's pretty telling that AEW's political heel is a dumbass boomer who is treated like a joke for complaining about SJWs and WWE's political heel is whatever this shit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.