• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online?

• Yes

Votes: 941 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 988 51.2%

• Total voters

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Divided a family subscription between me and seven others, which is the maximum I was willing to pay with how poor it is.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
ironically the only 2 games i play online with switch.......dont' require Nintendo Online service lol

fortnite and warframe

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo Switch Online is an utter shit show of a service that achieves the miraculous feat of not actually justifying being a third as expensive as its competitors because it's not even worth that much.

It launched in September, without... any game to actually push it. Since then, we've had Smash and Pokémon presumably create more compelling reasons to subscribe to it. So, now, four months after launch, are you subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online?

I play MHGU online. Game is super good. Between that and Smash it serves its purpose. I'd rather not pay but for the price its w/e

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah because I have a family group of six people. Between that and gold coins it's almost free for me and I wanted the cloud backups as well.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I got a sub for $15 back when Humble was offering a -$5 coupon for Nintendo games. To my surprise, the coupon also worked with the 12-month sub.

To be clear, me buying into the system doesn't mean I like it. Not fond of only being able to back up my saves by subbing, and playing NES games for the umpteenth time is not the most engaging thing in the world. But it's either this or be locked out of playing online...

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
No. I don't play any games online, and I have no desire to play the NES games. I'd rather put the $20 towards a new game.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Nope. I'm still having fun playing online on the Wii U with Splatoon and MK8 for free. Still plenty of people playing there. I might bite and subscribre when they add SNES games to their library, NES games are great and iconic but not as great as SNES'

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yes since I play smash and after world of light the game is pretty bare bones

But yeah online in smash sucks fuck Nintendo :x

Javi

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
Yes, since it was just $20. I should have just bought the monthly thing because I haven't had need for it besides that one splatfest i needed it for (reason I subscribed) LOLOLOL

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Yes because my daughter plays Splatoon2 sometimes and she wouldn't understand why she could before and would be able to now.
If she stops playing it will not renew, since we barely touch the switch now, and when they play it is basically SP games

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Not yet, I'll probably sub once we get closer to the release of Animal Crossing though.

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
I was supposed to get it when Smash launched, but I heard the online is terrible so I didn't bother. Is it better now?

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Yes, because my cheapass friend did the most surprisingly thing ever and got the family thing, then shared it with all of us. It's really cool you can do that, especially since multiple of us are in different countries.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Nah, used the free trial to see how much of a lagfest smash was, easy choice. Service is terrible value, Nintendo just can't get online right.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I do but I paid for it entirely in gold coins so I didn't pay anything for it. I buy a lot of Nintendo games and often preorder them if they get good reviews and impressions so I get bonus coins and should be able to keep getting it for free as long as it's $20.

The online service is embarrassingly bad and it's a joke that Nintendo thinks it's worth $20 a year.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet. None of my friends play any Switch games online, so I've had no incentive to just yet. The NES games are tempting, however.

My friend has recently been wanting to start a multiplayer game of Stardew Valley though, and with SNES games potentially on the horizon I imagine I'll subscribe within a few months.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Used the trial for smash, forgot it autorenewed for a month then made sure to cancel it.

There's barely any games I would play online and the ones that are are downright embarrassingly bad. Smash online should not be this bad relative to the competition, and I refuse to pay for a service if they think that's an acceptable thing to provide.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
No. Even though it's cheap, I don't want to to subscribe now since I'm not playing online and I don't care about the Classic games yet. I think I'll risk it with not having cloud saves for now and will subscribe later.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
no

not interested in online and vc library isn't deep enough yet

maybe in 2 years if they get a good selection of snes games

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
Not yet. Don't play online. But will subscribe when NES/SNES library is bigger. That's the true value for me.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Nope, I simply stopped playing Splatoon 2 when the paid online went up. Don't care for cloud saves or playing Smash online, so no reason to waste $20 that could go towards a new game instead.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, our discord was gonna pool together money to pay for the year, but one of our UK friends is paying for me and few others via the family account.