• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
Yes. But i don't get why people can't accept that launching a new console without new FP games is worse than launching a new console with new FP games.
Instead of talking about GP etc, accept that it would be better with New FP games . It's good without them? Yes. Would be better with them? Yes
They will never accept that. Never. I remember when the gameplay reveal for Halo infinite was shown and some people were praising how it looked. If you called out that it didn't look next gen at all, you'd be accused of trolling or something along those lines. Its about pointing out areas where these studios and companies can improve. If we dont hold them accountable, the positive feedback loop will lead to bad experiences.

Doub

Nov 11, 2020
Guess its bad faith to call Demon Souls a next gen exclusive then too

Flight Sim is a next gen exclusive on the pc space (where its released so far) and a showcase of graphics and tech as well. One individual caring about its niche or not doesnt change that one bit.
Can you play demon's souls anywhere else in that form ? Don't think so, but no it's not a new game and I don't care for it (even if Demon's souls is one of my favorite games of all time). Even if you leave it out you got Returnal and Ratchet coming (and i'm not counting Destruction All stars since it's not that great and already forgotten)

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
I think Spencer's team had 2 big mistakes earlier in this Gen:

- Putting all the trust in Halo and 343 industries.
- Launching two different models. Something that I think they have not managed to sell correctly to the consumer (in Europe it is still very easy to find the Series S while the X is sold instantly).
The people that buy consoles at launch are the hardcore and in a generation where there is no clean cut off, where is the need for people to make that jump?

Series S is a long term play and it will become really attractive once Microsoft starts pumping out games that can only be found in next generation consoles/PC. Or the people that do not want to invest in that hardware can simply use existing hardware to stream.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
They were going all in on Halo Infinite, then delayed it by a year to make a better quality product. What did you expect, lol?

It still would have been pretty odd for there to be only one first-party game after this long. You seem confused why someone would expect this but if you go back and look at past console launches, usually there will be at least a couple big launch titles that are supposed to sell the system.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
The Medium is not a Microsoft game, it was developed and self published by Bloober Team

Right but people have shifted the goalposts so far I don't know what the thread is about anymore. It was "no first party" until people pointed out Gears Tactics, then it was "no new games" until people pointed out all the new games that have dropped day 1 on game pass, now it's moved on to "no next gen wow moments" which is why I mentioned the dual render thing in Medium.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Anyone with a 4K screen can use the 6K mode in Ori, it downsamples. Pretty amazing actually, I tested flipping back and forth and you can see it getting sharper going from native 4K to downsampled 6K.

Anyway my point is just that it feels like folks are looking for stuff to complain about. Everyone acknowledges MS should have had more for launch. Obviously, they planned to and it fell through. But like... There's still lots new to play, and there are some nice visual showcases. And if you're sad there aren't enough of them, ok, fine, but what's the point of making complaint threads? Nothing surprising or new has happened since Halo was delayed last fall.

What's the point? Well surely people are allowed to express how they feel? Telling them to shut up doesn't get anyone anywhere.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Right but people have shifted the goalposts so far I don't know what the thread is about anymore. It was "no first party" until people pointed out Gears Tactics, then it was "no new games" until people pointed out all the new games that have dropped day 1 on game pass, now it's moved on to "no next gen wow moments" which is why I mentioned the dual render thing in Medium.
To me it's MIcrosoft has released no new games since the consoles launched. I don't care if they were crossgen or not, but the platform owner has not released a new game for their console. And clearly, this will change in a big way, they bought a ton of developers for a reason, but that doesn't change that it's a very odd launch when the big first party release at console launch was a game I played and completed 6 months beforehand.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
What's the point? Well surely people are allowed to express how they feel? Telling them to shut up doesn't get anyone anywhere.

I'm not telling anyone to shut up. Apologies if that's how it came across. I just don't understand why today is the day for 20 pages of teeth gnashing. Nothing new has happened.

To me it's MIcrosoft has released no new games since the consoles launched. I don't care if they were crossgen or not, but the platform owner has not released a new game for their console. And clearly, this will change in a big way, they bought a ton of developers for a reason, but that doesn't change that it's a very odd launch when the big first party release at console launch was a game I played and completed 6 months beforehand.

Yeah I guess if you already played on PC then there wasn't anything new for you on launch day from MS. For the rest of us, there was.

I think what's bothering me about the discussion is that it feels a little disingenuous to focus so much on whether the game is from MS or not. Like I've said above, there are literally new day 1 games dropping every month in Game Pass. I agree of course that typically a platform holder would have more in the way of new games - and so does MS, since they intended to have Halo. But like... Why should I care who the publisher is? I'm still getting new games. What's really the core problem here? It's certainly not a lack of stuff to play.

Gunman

Aug 19, 2020
I'm going to enjoy the mental gymnastics some well come up with when Sony starts releasing first party games day and date on pc.

15102.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It still would have been pretty odd for there to be only one first-party game after this long. You seem confused why someone would expect this but if you go back and look at past console launches, usually there will be at least a couple big launch titles that are supposed to sell the system.
Not really because this was not a normal console launch it was made in a pandemic which significantly slowed development time on a ton of games. Who knows how many projects Microsoft has delayed or pushed back due to the pandemic, there was probably quite a few games planned for launch but then problems occured so probably all bets on Halo Infinite, then when they had to pushed back they probably had to double down on gamepass.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Why do Gears Tactics and Flight Sim not qualify as 'major' releases?

Actually... Gears Tactics is a major release. I played on PC and had tons of fun.

Not so sure about Flight Sim. It's gorgeous... it's amazing... it's huge... I think it should count, but I just forgot. Just like most gamers would forget about. I don't think it's for gamers in this case. Probably designer for enthusiastic perhaps....

But sure let's be fare... 2 titles. They need and should output much more than that.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Actually... Gears Tactics is a major release. I played on PC and had tons of fun.

Not so sure about Flight Sim. It's gorgeous... it's amazing... it's huge... I think it should count, but I just forgot. Just like most gamers would forget about. I don't think it's for gamers in this case. Probably designer for enthusiastic perhaps....

But sure let's be fare... 2 titles. They need and should output much more than that.

That's why they'll have lots of updated games, third party exclusives, indie exclusives, and Day One Game Pass launches (not to mention all the other titles they'll be adding) to help fill the void in the meantime.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Gamepass is their major exclusive. You say they're lucky to have it, but that implies they were magically gifted the service without putting forth any kind of investment towards it. That isn't remotely the case. They've built this service into what it is throughout the last several years. They made it into what it is.

Dec 31, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Platform Warring; Long History and Numerous Prior Bans for Platform Warring
Meanwhile, since getting my Series X I've played Hivebusters, Call of the Sea, and The Medium the day they released. Didn't bother with Outriders or MLB The Show but I hear they were pretty big too?

I think there's a disconnect between actual Xbox owners/Game Pass subscribers and external perception. If you have a Game Pass sub you know there's plenty to play, including new games. Too much to play, actually. But folks who don't use the service are still stuck in the "I buy 3 games for $70 every year, and if Game Pass doesn't have those 3 games I don't understand why I'd want it."
Those people can't comprehend that another platform holder is giving you more value for less money because their favorite company is not doing the same and actually raised their prices!

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Not really because this was not a normal console launch it was made in a pandemic which significantly slowed development time on a ton of games. Who knows how many projects Microsoft has delayed or pushed back due to the pandemic, there was probably quite a few games planned for launch but then problems occured so probably all bets on Halo Infinite, then when they had to pushed back they probably had to double down on gamepass.

Sony has released Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Astro's Playroom, Miles Morales (I guess you could argue that one doesn't fully count), Returnal and Ratchet are right around the corner. I understand COVID has caused a lot of delays but it's still abnormal that the Series consoles don't have any exclusive games.

I seriously doubt there were "quite a few" games that were supposed to come out at launch that we haven't even heard of. More likely the lack of exclusives is because GamePass is their current focus/ selling point.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has released Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Astro's Playroom, Miles Morales (I guess you could argue that one doesn't fully count), Returnal and Ratchet are right around the corner. I understand COVID has caused a lot of delays but it's still abnormal that the Series consoles don't have any exclusive games.

I seriously doubt there were "quite a few" games that were supposed to come out at launch that we haven't even heard of. More likely the lack of exclusives is because GamePass is their current focus/ selling point.
Sony was probably much better prepared than Microsoft was, one company's preparation for a launch does not equate to another's if they were met with different roadblocks. I mean tbh none of Sony's launch window games have been super huge except for Ratchet and Clank? And do you think they would now do their 4th launch of new hardware and have nothing to fall back on? Either they were literally all in on Halo Infinite and gamepass or hit some major development difficulties due to the pandemic. I mean an Xbox launch without a Forza game is pretty wild in itself and as rumours suggested we're getting another Horizon before we get another mainline Forza game.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I seriously doubt there were "quite a few" games that were supposed to come out at launch that we haven't even heard of. More likely the lack of exclusives is because GamePass is their current focus/ selling point
This doesn't make sense, because a Gamepass lineup with more first party games would improve the launch lineup and potentially increase the growths of GP. The most likely reason is what we can already see...
  • They had lots of games last year, including games from different publishers. Obligations, etc.
  • Every studio is hiring and many mass hiring
  • Some studios got new buildings or motion capture studios
  • Some games, which are close aren't announced yet
  • They build new teams inside studios
  • Some of the studio will transition from AA to AAA
  • Turn 10 among others got more time for their franchise. T10 in particular to reboot Forza Motorsport and bring a declining franchise back on track. They also revamped the engine, workflow and more.
  • Halo Infinite got backslash and instead of releasing a technically poor game, Spencer decided to give them one year to fix it
  • 2017/2018 was the year Spencer got promoted to Vice President at Microsoft and the war chest opened. Well kinda, it's not unlimited funds, but much more than before.
So to sums things up, Xbox is taking their time to grow their teams and let them work on games they want. Obsidian and InXile for example got multiple teams and are also working on AAA projects. The Initiative, PG (Fable team) and more are newly founded Studios/teams and creating game for new studios, especially under covid takes time. Focus of XGS seems to be on quality, regardless of the games size. In other words, it's a long-term strategy.

Of course this doesn't mean Xbox shouldn't have done better. But there are reasons why all these studios need time and get time to do things. Even such efficient studios like Turn 10, which never missed their 2 year cycle before. But Booty/Spencer decided with them to give them time instead of delivering FM in 2019/2020.

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I mean an Xbox launch without a Forza game is pretty wild in itself and as rumours suggested we're getting another Horizon before we get another mainline Forza game.
It is wild, because Turn10 never missed their release date. However Turn 10 said they got "the gift of time" from Spencer to reboot the franchise and make major changes to the game and engine alike. So the choice was deliberate.

Why is FH5 taking 3 years? Well that's anybody's guess, but a reason could be that a few FH3-4 developers switched over to Fable to work on the new game and setup the newly created team. So both teams are hiring and although I believe updates for FH4 are done by a separate 3rd team, it could've had a influence on FH5, too. After all FH4 got way more support than the games before it.

Last edited:

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
This doesn't make sense, because a Gamepass lineup with more first party games would improve the launch lineup and potentially increase the growths of GP. The most likely reason is what we can already see...
  • They had lots of games last year, including games from different publishers. Obligations, etc.
  • Turn 10 among others got more time for their franchise. T10 in particular to reboot Forza Motorsport and bring a declining franchise back on track. They also revamped the engine, workflow and more.
  • Halo Infinite got backslash and instead of releasing a technically poor game, Spencer decided to give them one year to fix it
  • 2017/2018 was the year Spencer got promoted to Vice President at Microsoft and the war chest opened. Well kinda, it's not unlimited funds, but much more than before.
So to sums things up, Xbox is taking their time to grow their teams and let them work on games they want. Obsidian and InXile for example got multiple teams and are also working on AAA projects. The Initiative, PG (Fable team) and more are newly founded Studios/teams and creating game for new studios, especially under covid takes time. Focus of XGS seems to be on quality, regardless of the games size. In other words, it's a long-term strategy.

Of course this doesn't mean Xbox shouldn't have done better. But there are reasons why all these studios need time and get time to do things. Even such efficient studios like Turn 10, which never missed their 2 year cycle before. But Booty/Spencer decided with them to give them time instead of delivering FM in 2019/2020.

Lets wait for E3 this year but if there isn't a clear line up of AAA games by then its going to be interesting to see the reaction. Because Sony as well is going to be showing a lot of games. Its not good to cry over spoilt milk, but they really botched the launch of the console. They should have had at least three AAA exclusives announced last year just like in 2013. Because imagine how long it will be from announcement to launch. Otherwise with the rumours of three new AAA IPs then its looking good. Hopefully not first person titles because there are a bunch of those.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017

Well yeah, sure, I agree with all this, just didn't feel the need to get this in-depth with my explanation, lol.

But yeah, I'm excited to see what all their acquisitions are up to. It's just still odd they didn't have SOMETHING for launch, or "launch window" at least.

Lets wait for E3 this year but if there isn't a clear line up of AAA games by then its going to be interesting to see the reaction. Because Sony as well is going to be showing a lot of games. Its not good to cry over spoilt milk, but they really botched the launch of the console. They should have had at least three AAA exclusives announced last year just like in 2013. Because imagine how long it will be from announcement to launch. Otherwise with the rumours of three new AAA IPs then its looking good. Hopefully not first person titles because there are a bunch of those.

It's going to be an interesting generation for sure. Game Pass is such a ridiculous value that I don't think Microsoft even really needs a killer lineup of exclusives. And some of their purchases are just insane. Having the next Bethesda game on GP is a hell of a selling point.

Do casual gamers even care about exclusives? And even if they do, are they willing to spend a few hundred dollars to play Sony's first-party lineup when GP is $120/ year?

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
The Medium is FAR from a terrible looking game. Some of the scenarios look photorealistic, even without RT on Series S. You guys sometimes... yeah, I already use glasses! Maybe YOU should use glasses!

UnsungKing

Dec 31, 2019
For me it's more of the promise of what's coming. RPG's are my bread and butter and Xbox had Obsidian, inxile, and playgrounds with fable. That promise right there would make me buy the box (and halo of course) but then they added probably my favorite game devs Bethesda to their lineup and I'm over the moon. AAA rpgs coming at us everywhere in a few years and possibly even this year! Could I have waited? Sure. But I'm glad I didn't because it's impossible to find one now and I love the BC stuff we are getting. ES and Fallout getting higher frame rates and resolution and the modding works far better on Xbox's. The whole ecosystem is catered to me as a gamer and I love them for that.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
Well yeah, sure, I agree with all this, just didn't feel the need to get this in-depth with my explanation, lol.

But yeah, I'm excited to see what all their acquisitions are up to. It's just still odd they didn't have SOMETHING for launch, or "launch window" at least.

It's going to be an interesting generation for sure. Game Pass is such a ridiculous value that I don't think Microsoft even really needs a killer lineup of exclusives. And some of their purchases are just insane. Having the next Bethesda game on GP is a hell of a selling point.

Do casual gamers even care about exclusives? And even if they do, are they willing to spend a few hundred dollars to play Sony's first-party lineup when GP is $120/ year?

Yes casual gamers care about exclusives. Why should they invest in an xbox then if the software is available on PS5 or PC? GamePass's value is supposed to be in AAA content through a subscription. Otherwise I wouldn't be paying for it to get old games. People subscribing for gamepass now are expecting better content in the future. Primarily its filled with old games at the moment and if it remains so there is no need for the service for a considerable amount of gamers. Thats why MSFT is striking deals left right and center to get new content onto the platform including exclusives.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
The Medium is FAR from a terrible looking game. Some of the scenarios look photorealistic, even without RT on Series S. You guys sometimes... yeah, I already use glasses! Maybe YOU should use glasses!
The static objects looked really good at the beginning of the game. Maybe even photorealistic but the character looked terrible. Honestly reminded me of PS3 era graphics. Then the gameplay was terrible. I immediately deleted the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that BF6 day 1 gamepass rumour holds true, getting to play both Halo Infinite and BF6 on gamepass day 1 will make for a fun october/november.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
Yes casual gamers care about exclusives. Why should they invest in an xbox then if the software is available on PS5 or PC? GamePass's value is supposed to be in AAA content through a subscription. Otherwise I wouldn't be paying for it to get old games. People subscribing for gamepass now are expecting better content in the future. Primarily its filled with old games at the moment and if it remains so there is no need for the service for a considerable amount of gamers. Thats why MSFT is striking deals left right and center to get new content onto the platform including exclusives.
They are simply doing what they have been doing for the longest time. There have always been indie games launching day and date so that is not anything new. What is new is AAA games launching on day one.

Microsoft had a great 2020 when it came to games, but the console launch has been rough when it comes to software. However, who did not know this?
I also do not know why it matters that Xbox games are on PC. Microsoft does not care that you can play them on PC, that just means that you can access those games and they do not need to sell you to new hardware.

There are also two games that are going to appear on PS5 that have contractual obligations i.e. Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo and one more game that they have chosen to launch on PS4 despite having paid off Starbreeze for publishing rights and Fig investors i.e. Psychonauts 2.
This does not make them lesser Microsoft titles........putting these games on a competing console might be uncomfortable, but it is what it is.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I'm really enjoying the narrowing of the "Xbox has no games" window into more tight and defined statements

But really a lot of it sounds less like "what awesome thing can I play on my Xbox" and more like "where's the list of things that I can say no one else can play but me"

Given that Microsoft has made Xbox an ecosystem instead of a console, I don't think you will see true "exclusives" anymore, at least not in the toxic 90s fanboy marketing driven sense

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
But really a lot of it sounds less like "what awesome thing can I play on my Xbox" and more like "where's the list of things that I can say no one else can play but me"

I can safely say this isn't true in my case. I just want showcase titles, software that's not quite possible on last-gen. Their exclusivity does not matter to me in the least.

Flight Simulator fits the bill but only in the visuals department, I have little to no interest in most sims.

That said, I've got a good feeling about E3 this year. Microsoft might have a big blowout, there seems to be potential for a lot of exciting announcement.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
I can safely say this isn't true in my case. I just want showcase titles, software that's not quite possible on last-gen. Their exclusivity does not matter to me in the least.

Flight Simulator fits the bill but only in the visuals department, I have little to no interest in most sims.

That said, I've got a good feeling about E3 this year. Microsoft might have a big blowout, there seems to be potential for a lot of exciting announcement.
Battlefield is rumored to be revealed soon, and is supposed to be next gen first (with a heavily paired down last gen port outsourced to a different studio). So if those rumors are true there's that.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Battlefield is rumored to be revealed soon, and is supposed to be next gen first (with a heavily paired down last gen port outsourced to a different studio). So if those rumors are true there's that.
Yeah, I've read about this. Is it a fall 21 title?

I'd imagine the gulf between last-gen and current-gen versions will be similar to the one we found in BF3 on PC and PS3/360.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
It's disappointing as a XSX owner to see PS5 get Miles Morales, Sackboy, Demons Souls, Returnal, and Ratchet coming so soon while XSX has just Hivebusters in the same timeframe.

But, there's no worry about the pipeline. Everwild, Hellblade 2, Starfield, State of Decay 3, Avowed, Psychonauts 2, Fable, Forza Horizon 5, Wolfenstein, and probably more than a dozen unannounced games all coming day 1 to Game Pass is going to be wild once these studios are ready.

It looks like Q3/Q4 for this year is when the ball drops. If rumors are to be believed, we might get Halo, Starfield, As Dusk Falls, Psychonauts 2, and Forza Horizon 5 all by the end of the year. Plus AOE4 for our PC friends.

Bingle Bango

Sep 13, 2018
Woof this thread. Anyway, I am really enjoying my Series S, and this is the most gaming time I've had in probably 4 or 5 years. It definitely helps that I haven't had an Xbox since the beginning of the 360 generation. But I decided to go with Xbox this go around because while I love Sony first party games, the ability to just sit down and play through basically whatever at the drop of a hat is truly incredible. The library is fantastic and there is no way for me to run out of things to try. Plus even the Series S is performing better than my budget PC from three years ago is, with none of the hassle. So I can safely say even without a big first party game, I am incredibly happy with my purchase. I am excited for what Microsoft has in store for the future though.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
I'm really enjoying the narrowing of the "Xbox has no games" window into more tight and defined statements

Given that Microsoft has made Xbox an ecosystem instead of a console, I don't think you will see true "exclusives" anymore, at least not in the toxic 90s fanboy marketing driven sense

I know there's people that are radical fans that push the narrative that Xbox has no games. Those ones do not need to be listened to. On the other hand, Xbox hasn't been doing well in the games department for several years now. Yes they have made amazing hardware and a new service that has great potential, but now they need to deliver on the AAA content and some of which needs to be exclusive. Having an exclusive comes with a lot of benefits that incentivizes buying into an ecosystem. Consumers are aware of these potential benefits. Such as game experiences that are fine tuned to the hw they bought. This is why its super important that during E3 MSFT shows off some really impressive AAA content. The disappointment is in knowing how far off this content may be even after it's announced.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I know there's people that a radical fans that push the narrative that Xbox has no games. Those ones do not need to be listened to. On the other hand, Xbox hasn't been doing well in the games department for several years now. Yes they have made amazing hardware and a new service that has great potential, but now they need to deliver on the AAA content and some of which needs to be exclusive. Having an exclusive comes with a lot of benefits that incentivizes buying into an ecosystem. Consumers are aware of these potential benefits. Such as game experiences that are fine tuned to the hw they bought. This is why its super important that during E3 MSFT shows off some really impressive AAA content. The disappointment is in knowing how far off this content may be even after it's announced.
I don't get this, first we are a bubble and only we know the in's and outs of the little details. Now suddenly the average consumer are aware of potential benefits when consumers don't even have a 4K tv yet (well maybe more do now after stimulus money)

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
And yet I play my Series X more than any console. It may matter to some, but BC and Gamepass have made the lack of 1st party games pretty much insignificant to me.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
They are simply doing what they have been doing for the longest time. There have always been indie games launching day and date so that is not anything new. What is new is AAA games launching on day one.

Microsoft had a great 2020 when it came to games, but the console launch has been rough when it comes to software. However, who did not know this?
I also do not know why it matters that Xbox games are on PC. Microsoft does not care that you can play them on PC, that just means that you can access those games and they do not need to sell you to new hardware.

There are also two games that are going to appear on PS5 that have contractual obligations i.e. Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo and one more game that they have chosen to launch on PS4 despite having paid off Starbreeze for publishing rights and Fig investors i.e. Psychonauts 2.
This does not make them lesser Microsoft titles........putting these games on a competing console might be uncomfortable, but it is what it is.

The part I have bolded is objectively not true. A console launch without a single AAA launch exclusive is not great. It's always great to point out the truths so things can be better next time.

Otherwise I'm not against games being on other platforms. I'm not even against timed exclusives. There are benefits to exclusives though. Even if these exclusives will eventually end up on PC. I think its great to eventually port exclusive games to PC. But sometimes its better for developers making console games to focus on one platform when making a game. I know MSFT is changing this to make one SDK for several platforms, the true benefit of which we'll see. But for example looking at the issues they've had with Halo Infinite, developing for multiple hw configurations comes with issues.

The 2013 launch of the Xbox One was a disaster but at least they still had a terrific launch line up of exclusives, some of which ended up on PC. So no I'm not against exclusives ending up on other platforms.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
I don't get this, first we are a bubble and only we know the in's and outs of the little details. Now suddenly the average consumer are aware of potential benefits when consumers don't even have a 4K tv yet (well maybe more do now after stimulus money)
I think the average consumer is smarter than purported amongst some hardcore gamers. I've never subscribed to contrary views on this. On the other hand, theres a difference between what the average consumer is aware of and what they care about. They want good looking fun games that don't have bugs or stutter. So they may not care about 60 fps as long as the game runs smoothly and consistently. They want games that utilize their new 4K displays by providing 4K content. They want affordable prices for gaming content and are willing to subscribe to a gaming service if it offers them a good deal. etc

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
And yet I play my Series X more than any console. It may matter to some, but BC and Gamepass have made the lack of 1st party games pretty much insignificant to me.

And that's the point, isn't it? I don't care about list wars, I care about games I want to play. And as far as I am concerned, I have enough to play until the end of 2021 - thanks to Game Pass. And we're in for a treat with Flight Sim, Halo Infinite and possibly Horizon 5 and Starfield during the next months. All exclusives.

At the end of the generation it's highly likely that Microsoft has the most exclusive games out of the three big console publishers. I really don't see the problem at all.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
The part I have bolded is objectively not true. A console launch without a single AAA launch exclusive is not great. It's always great to point out the truths so things can be better next time.

I think they are including all XGS releases for the year, not just console launch.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
It's bad. There's no way around it. Just no first party racing game at launch was a bit wild tbh. They're still selling all the Series X consoles they can produce but this can't go on much longer. I am hoping for Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite this fall (but both will likely be cross-gen titles) which could possibly justify a purchase for me even though I have an Xbox One X that is perfectly fine.