• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
www.bbc.com

Foundation: The 'unfilmable' sci-fi epic now on our screens

Isaac Asimov's Foundation novels are among the greatest sci-fi books ever written – but no one has dared to film them, until now. The result is a true TV event, writes Neil Armstrong.

Really interesting article. Goyer has a massive personal stake in this adaptation, he's making it contemporary in theme, and he's shooting for the fences.

really hoping this is something special.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Sounds like this is Goyer's passion project... just like LotR was Jackson's. I am encouraged by this and hope it is a success so that we get the whole story.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

Recent promo which shows even more footage.
Can't wait for the first episode on Friday.
People please don't sleep on this, i think it's going to be something pretty damn special.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

Recent promo which shows even more footage.
Can't wait for the first episode on Friday.
People please don't sleep on this, i think it's going to be something pretty damn special.

I agree that it has the potential to be an amazing sci-fi series but time will tell. I am stoked for the premier but cautiously optimistic overall.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
I'm looking forward to it. A little concerned that there are zero reviews for it yet.

Especially considering AppleTV, while I think it is low key the best bargain in streaming right now, is really missing that one mainstream penetrating hit that they can use to bring in a mass of new subscribers and catapult them up the rankings.

Logic tells me if they had the goods they would be dumping it on every critic that they could find to generate even more hype.

SFenton

Nov 10, 2017
I'm looking forward to it. A little concerned that there are zero reviews for it yet.

Especially considering AppleTV, while I think it is low key the best bargain in streaming right now, is really missing that one mainstream penetrating hit that they can use to bring in a mass of new subscribers and catapult them up the rankings.

Logic tells me if they had the goods they would be dumping it on every critic that they could find to generate even more hype.

Would Ted Lasso not qualify? I've only seen one episode and I'm not even sure I love it but it seems to have penetrated the public mindset pretty well.

Low-key the best bargain? Yeah, though, for real. So many good series and originals, *especially* as I remember its launch lineup was pretty dismal at worst or lacking at best, depending on who you asked.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
Looks gorgeous. Better than new Dune. Got a lot of talent behind it so fingers crossed.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn why does this have to come out like right at the same time as Dune. I know my wife only has the capacity for 1 futuristic space empire at a time, this will be a battle…

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
www.bbc.com

Foundation: The 'unfilmable' sci-fi epic now on our screens

Isaac Asimov's Foundation novels are among the greatest sci-fi books ever written – but no one has dared to film them, until now. The result is a true TV event, writes Neil Armstrong.

Really interesting article. Goyer has a massive personal stake in this adaptation, he's making it contemporary in theme, and he's shooting for the fences.

really hoping this is something special.

This article kinda sorta has a hint of a review buried in it.

But now, after four years of hard work there are 10 episodes of visually stunning, emotionally engaging, thought-provoking drama. They have already been made available to critics and are so richly layered that they bear an instant rewatch.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Space Roman Empire looks cool.

Also, was "genetic dynasty" a thing in the books? I don't remember it.
Nope, they added that and some other stuff, diversified the cast and made it reflect modern issues instead of WWII-era issues.

For me, it sounds like an ideal modern adaptation. I'm really hoping this all comes together.

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
This article kinda sorta has a hint of a review buried in it.

But now, after four years of hard work there are 10 episodes of visually stunning, emotionally engaging, thought-provoking drama. They have already been made available to critics and are so richly layered that they bear an instant rewatch.
Interesting. When are we expecting the reviews to drop? There's still nothing on RottenTomatoes.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Trailers looked amazing. Hope it's as great as it looks.

Apple has some great shows. And the price for the service so far is super cheap.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
When exactly is this releasing tonight, before or after the Nintendo Direct? Feels weird to get both this and Dune at the same time.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Very hyped for this.
No one making an OT??
It's only one of the most significant SF series of our times gracing our TV screens with what looks like a proper adaptation!
Where's the love 😭

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I know Apple TV+ is hardly Netflix in terms of subscriber numbers, but I'm genuinely surprised at how little attention this is getting.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Very hyped for this.
No one making an OT??
It's only one of the most significant SF series of our times gracing our TV screens with what looks like a proper adaptation!
Where's the love 😭
Make the OT! It doesn't need to be fancy (in fact, the less images loading on a page the better for me).

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Well I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread... watched a few seconds of the "teaser" and I'm already sold.

Thank you PS for the free 6 months haha... Ted Lasso is a big meh, but this looks right up my alley

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Very weird that reviews are dropping this late...
Is it sign of bad news?
Fucking hope not.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just guessing here, but for the wider public Foundation isn't really known about let alone on their radars, so rather than release the reviews a week or two before release and people forget about it, they allow publication of the (hopefully) positive reviews at release when people can immediately watch and increase viewers.