• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Japan, America, Europe

• Japan

Votes: 59 37.1%
  • US

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • Europe

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • nvm this list is fake - but which one is the best?

Votes: 27 17.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
01e8bd7494afd4066a6fb4675d14c750.png

---

I'm surprised Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia is so popular but it makes sense. Adding gundam would be interesting.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I don't buy for a second America having Crash higher than Europe

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Haruka leading any of them and see Geno in 2 of them, so it definitely is 100% fake.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait... Dante isn't even on the US list? I don't know why, but I always thought he'd be up there for it.

Also, those Sora dreams are strong.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is extremely old and extremely fake. It's amazing that this keeps getting passed around even now.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
It is three terrible lists that are clearly fake (and definitely by a western creator), but of those three lists the Japan one is the least terrible by virtue of having a giant robot on it.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I'm surprised Isaac from Golden Sun isn't in any of those, but very happy to see Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia up there representing in the JP #1 spot

All of those lists have some characters I don't care for, others I'd dislike to see added and only a few I care about. Some of them like Heavy from Team Fortress really don't seem to make much sense to me

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Last time I saw this "list" Dante was number 7 in Japan and like 6 in States .

Keeps getting changed around and although I like Dante at number 3.

It's not a real poll .

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I was going to say the list that doesn't have Sora but ... well, here we are.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, iunno. The only conclusion I can come to is that the US one is the worst.

Pretty easy to tell it's fake because who the fuck wanted Byleth, Banana Dee, or Heavy, etc.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
US. Japan has mostly sword fighters, and while I have nothing against sword fighters in Smash I like a little variation. EU has some weird picks like a Digimon, a Yokai Watch character and the fucking TF2 Heavy, while the only 'bad' character on the US list is Bandana Dee. I wouldn't want Master Chief or DOOM Guy in Smash either, but I could see them work.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
"GUNDAM". Like, what? All of Gundam? 😂

I feel like that would be such a bad move, because no matter what Gundam got in you'd piss off a whole lot of people who would rather a different one got in.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lloyd makes the most sense, honestly. I really want Sora but Lloyd is like the quintessential Nintendo Tales character. And being one of the last few characters it would make sense to have a Bandai Namco rep.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
So far, the score is Japan with two on both Sephiroth & Byleth, while both US & Europe are tied at one with Steve.

And of course, that poll is fake.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Yeah, iunno. The only conclusion I can come to is that the US one is the worst.

Pretty easy to tell it's fake because who the fuck wanted Byleth, Banana Dee, or Heavy, etc.
A lot of people legitimately want Bandana Dee, due to wanting a fourth Kirby rep and him being the most likely.

On the source gaming pie chart he was 4th, ahead of the likes of Inkling and Isabelle.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
"GUNDAM". Like, what? All of Gundam? 😂

I feel like that would be such a bad move, because no matter what Gundam got in you'd piss off a whole lot of people who would rather a different one got in.
I'd love a Gundam, if only so the entire reveal trailer can be every single character on the roster saying this:

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Eu has both Doom Guy and Dante.
Wins without contest.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The Japanese one is the best. I would say the European one is the worst, but it has Dante and America doesn't, so even though the rest of the European list is pretty terrible it's still obviously much better.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
All three list have characters that I'd love (rayman, arle, geno, lloyd) but also others I'd be disappointed on (Sephiroth, Master Chief, Steve).

If I were to choose I guess I'd exclude the US one and keep the other two, even if I like Shantae, but even with the jap and eur ones a lot of the picks make me sleep.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I love Shantae, but the Japanese one has Arle, plus it's the only one without Geno, so it must get my vote by default...

Or it would, but all lists have Sora. IT's shitty enough to have Cloud AND Sephiroth, we don't fucking need Sora too.

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
Yeah, Japan's out for me since DoomSlayer is missing. I don't really recognize a couple from the EU list, so US got my vote. Meanwhile, I'll continue to namedrop Twintelle, Chun Li, and Gordon Freeman in every Smash roster thread to try to speak them into existence.

Deleted member 44122

europe would be most to my tastes for including both sora and rayman

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I always like how you have things like Arle peppered in for authenticity.

Like, they've figured that how you sell it as a real wishlist. Japan's got to have Arle on it or no one's going to buy it.

Also,

77287142_p0_master120xfk1r.jpg

Last edited:

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the really real "mascoty" characters i feel should and would fit in the game lelt are rayman, bomberman, spyro and crash and i dont know of any reason why any of those would be too big an issue to get,other than obviously the respective comapnies would have to ok them.

Layton and Phoneix Wright as well considering they were both cornerstones of the ds era(especially layton).

Lol its also kind of sus that a Yokai watch character...highly requested in europe? Im gonna have to see receipts for that lol.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
They all have Sora so they all fail.
Thread's over. You win.

So many of these are either 'No thank you' (Sora) or just 'Haha you funny'(Agumon, Gundam).

I saw other Japanese lists that thought Kirito in Smash is a good idea. Those fans have been subsequently stripped of their anime fan and game enthusiast license.

I will second Arle because I've already said how much we need more female characters and more mage fighters. Also the fact that Puyo Puyo is bigger in Japan than Sonic.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The one with Heavy Weapons Guy, but I'd prefer Scout myself.

Though Heavy's "wahaha, cry some more" would be an incredible taunt for sure.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Given that the poll is fake, the context of the thread is somewhat faulty. As such it has been locked.

In the future, please use the OT for continued discussion like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.