• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
An incorrectly-formatted hyperlink has given us a potential hint at an entirely new entry in the Forza franchise. But what is Forza Street?

The mention of it comes straight from Turn 10 itself. In the latest Week In Review, community manager Brian Ekberg mentioned Evan "Raceboy77" Thorogood's recent Canadian esport win. But the link wasn't quite right: instead of a URL, the address was an inaccessible local file, with a very unusual intro:
"Developed in partnership with UK-based studio, Electric Square, Forza Street is built from the ground up to support a wide range of Windows 10, iOS, and Android devices."
Forza-Street-Week-in-Review-Intro-02-800x228.png

https://www.gtplanet.net/what-is-forza-street-possible-forza-mobile-title-leaked/

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
I thought that this said "Fortune Street" and then was disappointed and then thought what if it was fortune street with cars

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's that F2P game that released a while ago, it was pretty bad if I recall correctly.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'd ever consider a NFS/Burnout style twist on Forza. Seems off brand but could still be cool.

Edit: Nevermind, seems like it's mobile.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

This is presumably the game, it launched with no fanfare so I presume they'll relaunch it as Forza soon. However... I hope they made improvements, because yikes.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Electric Square made Miami Street, which was lackluster. This is probably a rebranding with little change to the core of that game. Temper your expectations.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that Miami Street game looks terrible.

I have to assume they don't want to sully Forza with something that bad, I hope I'm not wrong.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forza Motorsport and Horizon are two sides of what is essentially the best racer out there, one being an open world arcade and the other being a simcade. If they throw in a third ultra-arcade street racing version, that's fine by me, albeit this is mobile so there's that, too.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If I can earn Forza Rewards progress with this then, fine, I will play your F2P Forza iOS game. On Windows.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Miami Street has been out forever. Its just going to be that rebranded. They aren't working on a totally seperate game.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
this is nothing. remnants of a cancelled game that turned into the windows 10 game miami street. (Miami Street was rumored to have the Forza name attached to it at some point).

Last edited:

Judge

Oct 25, 2017
this is nothing. remnants of a cancelled game that turned into the windows 10 game miami street. (Miami Street was rumored to have the Forza name attached to it at some point).
I wouldnt be surprised if it's literally just Miami Street brought to other mobile platforms with its name being changed to Forza to attract more people. They do keep updating the game and adding it to new regions, so I could see that happening

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt be surprised if it's literally just Miami Street brought to other mobile platforms with its name being changed to Forza to attract more people. They do keep updating the game and adding it to new regions, so I could see that happening
I highly doubt they are doing anything more with this game. To me it looks like something that was essentially killed off when Phil Spencer was promoted in late 2017 and Xbox was no longer under the Windows Division. The game was probably meant for Windows 10 phones as well before that platform was killed off. Microsoft I guess liked the developer and didn't want to cancel the project completely (wouldn't be surprised if it involved some kind of remote rendering, anything involving Azure is hard to kill at Microsoft) so they re-branded it and released it only on Windows 10 PCs. They had zero marketing for this, I don't even remember seeing a blog post. Now its delisted.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-studios-ot2-the-best-is-yet-to-come.48137/post-11669047

Last edited:

Judge

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt they are doing anything more with this game. To me it looks like something that was essentially killed off when Phil Spencer was promoted in late 2017 and Xbox was no longer under the Windows Division. The game was probably meant for Windows 10 phones as well before that platform was killed off. Microsoft I guess liked the developer and didn't want to cancel the project completely (wouldn't be surprised if it involved some kind of remote rendering, anything involving Azure is hard to kill at Microsoft) so they re-branded it and released it only on Windows 10 PCs. They had zero marketing for this, I don't even remember seeing a blog post. Now its delisted.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-studios-ot2-the-best-is-yet-to-come.48137/post-11669047
It isn't delisted, it just hasn't released in the US store yet. They added Canada just last month. They updated the game just last week and added the ability to "auto-race". Like I said, the game isn't dead. It gets regular updates.

It's my thinking that they are going to rebrand it as Forza Street and then release it in US on Win10, and also launch it on iOS and Google Play Store as part of their new mobile initiative

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't delisted, it just hasn't released in the US store yet. They added Canada just last month. They updated the game just last week and added the ability to "auto-race". Like I said, the game isn't dead. It gets regular updates.

It's my thinking that they are going to rebrand it as Forza Street and then release it in US on Win10, and also launch it on iOS and Google Play Store as part of their new mobile initiative
Ah ok yeah I see. I thought I downloaded it earlier. Yeah not available in the US but in Canada. Still don't think they will do anything with this, Forza wise that is. The Project is being used for some kind of cloud infrastructure testing though.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So if this article is anything to go by, the controls for Miami Street are... something:

Unlike the other popular Microsoft Studios racing franchises — Forza Motorsport and Forza HorizonMiami Street doesn't feature realistic racing or a massive open world. Instead, you simply hold down a button (or hold your finger to the touchscreen) to accelerate, and release to brake.

So yeah.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Looks like a fun and simple game to play on the go. I'll check it out. Not really seeing what looks 'terrible' or 'awful' about it.