• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing.

But is it worth it?

This is one of those things that reminds you we're living in the future. It's all the Dirt 5 discussion that really makes me think of how developers are chasing the feel of something rather than just focusing on the graphics.

I have waited too long to use this.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Screenshot_2020-10-13_at_00.59.59.png

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Not even the best online shooters come close in tickrate (it's 2.8x valorant), do the math on that.

Considering races are decided in the time they are yes having your inputs more closely matched to the moment and not the 60fps or less mirage you're looking at is a nice thought.

aiming for 240hz inputlag is gonna be nice thing in a few days. FH 3 & 4 are on the 3080 agenda list of mine.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the Xbox 720 when we'll have 720 FPS racing physics.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
In these complex and confusing times, I think we can all agree that a good thread backfire is worth a laugh.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
PS3 is gonna dominate the market y'all. 360 and the revolution/Wii aren't gonna sell

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if Turn10 still does this. They stopped talking about their simulation model after a few entries.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
PS3 is gonna dominate the market y'all. 360 and the revolution/Wii aren't gonna sell
Sorry, but Nintendo's learned from their mistakes with the GameCube. Mark my words, Revolution/Wii is going to be a graphical powerhouse that rivals, or maybe even exceeds, PS3 and the Xbox 360.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Ok so having the game internally be a higher frame rate is important for a game to be responsive. Games like NFSHP 2010 and Forza games on 360 were 2 games where I remember devs talking about it. But isn't the display and the game running at 120hz also important as well here? I think all 3 go hand in hand in improving how responsive a game can be. The games internal frame rate, the games actual frame rate, and how many frames your display can actually display.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wow. And I'm gonna go for a safe bet here, but I'm sure the next Nintendo home console is going to be another home run, how could they fuck up after the huge success the Wii seems to be, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.