• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
capsule_616x353.jpg

👩‍💻 Developer: Playground Games
📀 Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
🎮 Platforms: PC (Steam, WinStore); Xbox One (retail, XBL); Xbox Series X|S (retail, XBL)
🏷️ Price: $59.99/€59.99/£49.99 or your regional equivalent* (standard edition); $79.99/€79.99/£64.99 or your regional equivalent* (Deluxe Edition); $99.99/€99.99/£79.99 or your regional equivalent* (Premium Edition)
📅 Release date: November 9th, 2021

* Pricing on platforms/stores other than Steam may vary.

📖 About:
⚠️ Mini-FAQ ⚠️ said:
Where can I find a list of all the cars included in the game?
https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-horizon-5-confirmed-car-list

Where can I find a list of all the licensed songs included in the game?
https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-horizon-5-gone-gold-soundtrack-reveal

Where can I find a list of supported racing wheels?

What are the technical details of the console versions?
- Xbox Series X: 4K @ 30fps in Quality Mode or 4K @ 60fps in Performance Mode
- Xbox Series S: 1440p @ 30fps in Quality Mode or 1080p @ 60fps in Performance Mode
- Xbox One X: 4K @ 30fps
- Xbox One (S): 1080p @ 30fps

The Steam version of Forza Horizon 4 lacks support for the XSX controller's impulse triggers and cross-save. Is this again the case?
Impulse trigger support is in, but cross-save support is once again exclusive to Microsoft platforms.

What's the caveat with regard to ray tracing support?
While the game supports ray-traced reflections and audio, the former are present only in Forzavista mode.

Are there any rewards for returning players?
Returning players receive a car for each previous Forza game they've played. See this tweet for the list.
SKUs said:
[OP note: To clarify, the Premium Add-Ons Bundle is not included with Game Pass and must be purchased separately.]

apps.63781.13718773309227929.a8f4c7c7-62f8-4ed4-8d43-086fdc28ec05.21e37314-4e23-4fc4-9bc0-c5362e791c74
Game information said:
Your Ultimate Horizon Adventure awaits! Explore the vibrant and ever-evolving open world landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world's greatest cars.

ForzaHorizon5_01_BuggyBeach_600x100.png

This is Your Horizon Adventure
Lead breathtaking expeditions across the vibrant and ever-evolving open world landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world's greatest cars.

ForzaHorizon5_02_VolcanoDescent_600x100.png

This is a Diverse Open World
Explore a world of striking contrast and beauty. Discover living deserts, lush jungles, historic cities, hidden ruins, pristine beaches, vast canyons and a towering snow-capped volcano.

ForzaHorizon5_04_RiverTrucks_600x100.png

This is an Adventurous Open World
Immerse yourself in a deep campaign with hundreds of challenges that reward you for engaging in the activities you love. Meet new characters and choose the outcomes of their Horizon Story missions.

ForzaHorizon5_05_FestivalRace_600x100.png

This is an Evolving Open World
Take on awe-inspiring weather events such as towering dust storms and intense tropical storms as Mexico's unique, dynamic seasons change the world every week. Keep coming back for new events, challenges, collectibles, and rewards, and new areas to explore. No two seasons will ever be the same.

ForzaHorizon5_06_NightDrift_600x100.png

This is a Social Open World
Team up with other players and enter the Horizon Arcade for a continuing series of fun, over-the-top challenges that keep you and your friends in the action and having fun with no menus, loading screens or lobbies. Meet new friends in Horizon Open and Tours and share your creations with new community gift sharing.

ForzaHorizon5_07_OffroadSand_600x100.png

This is Your Open World
Create your own expressions of fun with the powerful new EventLab gameplay toolset including custom races, challenges, stunts, and entirely new game modes. Customize your cars in more ways than ever before with new options such as the ability open and close convertible tops, paint brake calipers, and more. Use the new Gift Drops feature to share your custom creations with the community.

ForzaHorizon5_09_BuggyMeetup_600x100.png

Begin Your Horizon Adventure today!

📷 Screenshots:

🎞️ Trailers:
Announcement
Initial Drive
Cover Cars
The Getaway Driver (live-action)
Launch

✍️ Reviews:
Era review thread
Metacritic - PC (91)
Metacritic - Xbox One (insufficient reviews)
Metacritic - Xbox Series X|S (92)
OpenCritic (92)

Last edited:

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
First time I'll be playing a Forza game, and I'm sooooo excited.

Next-gen is finally here on Xbox.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Excited to hear impressions, especially wrt how the progression works. Something about FH4's progression was a bit unsatisfying to me, just not entirely sure what.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Hope the progression system is more like 3 than 4.
4 was still good but I got bored with it pretty fast, whereas 3 kept me busy for dozens of hours. Really looking forward to this in any case!

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Anybody got a handy embedded countdown for the earliest VPN release time? Can't wait, my most anticipated game of the year!

Edit: I'm stupid, it's in the OP. Thanks! Super stoked.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just got the premium add on bundle. What region should I set my PC to to play it the earliest?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
It was a sad day deleting Forza Horizon 4, it's say on our family xbox's since it's release.

The King is dead, long live the queen (I hope).

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
That OT title is fantastic lol.

EDIT: GrrImAFridge minor thing but you might want to include the detail that the Steam version does not have cross-save with the W10/Xbox versions of the game whereas the W10/Xbox versions do have cross save with each other. Cross-play is of course available for everyone.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Just got the premium add on bundle. What region should I set my PC to to play it the earliest?

The FAQ in the OP covers that exact question. ;)

That OT title is fantastic lol.

EDIT: GrrImAFridge minor thing but you might want to include the detail that the Steam version does not have cross-save with the W10/Xbox versions of the game whereas the W10/Xbox versions do have cross save with each other. Cross-play is of course available for everyone.

Cheers, and done.

Last edited:

desu

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone doing a ERA club ingame? Zorbsie was doing it the last time(s)?

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I got burnt out quicker on Horizon 4 than 3, maybe because I live in the UK. Maybe somewhere new to me like Australia will keep my attention longer.

Jun 20, 2021
I am SO not a car guy and I hate racing games but I LOVE this franchise. All of the driving is secondary when you consider it an open world RPG where you play as The Flash.

Oct 25, 2017
Which is? Honest question, it might be a local meme or something! lol

"En chinga" is a colloquial/vulgar Mexican spanish term for "Fast", and "Encabronado" is the same for "Furious".

"En Chinga y Encabronados" became a meme here in Mexico while these movies were popular over here as a way to "mexicanize" the name of the films. Lol.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
If this doesn't end up being the highest-rated AAA game of this year, I'd be very surprised.

k1x-

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks Microsoft for letting me buy it on steam from day 1. Playground Games has done an amazing job again, that's for sure.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After reading the OP I was under the impression only pre orders had early access, but GP users will as well? Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"En chinga" is a colloquial/vulgar Mexican spanish term for "Fast", and "Encabronado" is the same for "Furious".

"En Chinga y Encabronados" became a meme here in Mexico while these movies were popular over here as a way to "mexicanize" the name of the films. Lol.
Ahhh gotcha, I'm Spanish so the "encabronados" part made sense, but "en chinga" is completely unknown for me lol thank you!

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
My experience with Forza Horizon 4 was kind of weird. I got the game at launch and ended up bouncing off it fairly quickly, kind of unhappy with the lack of general progression (even compared to how 3 worked) and the less interesting map. Came back a bit after they added the weekly playlists and didn't really stick with it. Came back again when The Eliminator got added and didn't bother with that too much. Gave it another shot after the last major update (when they added Super7) and while the player-created challenges largely stunk, the game finally clicked for me and I ended up doing damn near everything on the map (would have made Horizon Star if it wasn't for the silly creation requirements. I could have boosted those if I really wanted to but I didn't want to bother).

So now it's time for another round of filling in roads, smashing billboards and getting run off the road by randos (on your team usually, to boot). I can't wait. :p

After reading the OP I was under the impression only pre orders had early access, but GP users will as well? Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.
It's only early access for Game Pass subscribers if you buy the premium add-on bundle (that effectively gives you what the Premium Edition buyers would get, but without the base game itself).