• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yes, technically you are correct. However, I can guarantee only very few people will put so much effort in just one photo.

There are many gifs etc here, too, that look just as sharp. It's about the native 4K resolution in combination with high-quality textures, motion-blur, effects and 4x MSAA. That's where the great image quality comes from.

4K 4XMSAA + FXAA

I don't think Forza photomode adds any graphical improvements? or at least only a few minor improvements right? I think DF tested it, but I can't find the video or article.

Only post effects.
510d4418-bd5a-449d-84lpcr5.png
3131ddb2-b9d0-43f0-97ztdty.png

giphy.gif

OP
OP
space_nut

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

Seriously?! PG did you had to do it like this?! Seriously?! Best graphics hands down their real time voxel GI is amazing

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Next-gen PGR?

Seriously?! PG did you had to do it like this?! Seriously?! Best graphics hands down their real time voxel GI is amazing

This right here best graphics I've seen all gen gut daaaaaaaaaaang

Simply one of the best looking games ever!!

This has to be some of the best graphics this gen O.O

BEST

GRAPHICS

PERIOD

Visuals are top of the class in the industry

FH4 taking graphics to new heights

Best looking graphics I've seen this gen so far

Simply gorgeous! Best looking open world I've seen sweet jesus

Seriously just gob smacked everytime I play this. This is the best graphics I've seen to date! It's like a preview to the next Fable lol

I just....nutted

Dat graphical prowess! The lighting is insanely real O.o I'm blown away their new per pixel lighting is photorealistic. Simply closest thing to real life my goodness.

Damn dude. And this is but a very small selection from just the first several pages of your post history. Would it be fair of me to conclude that you are somewhat impressed with the visuals? :p

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
This isn't the proper thread for it, but juxtaposing some of these environment shots with those weird Crew 2 auto-generated storefronts would probably be interesting.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't the proper thread for it, but juxtaposing some of these environment shots with those weird Crew 2 auto-generated storefronts would probably be interesting.

That was actually something I appreciated right away: Signage in Horizon 4 is clearly manually designed: Pick-up times for post make sense, restaurant menus have appropriate items/prices, and promo ads for the festival are the places you'd expect them (including alongside junk on the ground).

jem

Oct 25, 2017
That was actually something I appreciated right away: Signage in Horizon 4 is clearly manually designed: Pick-up times for post make sense, restaurant menus have appropriate items/prices, and promo ads for the festival are the places you'd expect them (including alongside junk on the ground).
I did see one restaurant menu which had Tuna Mayo sandwich repeated about 4 times...

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I think most of the texture data comes from photogrammetry so that's not surprising. These guys are doing some crazy pre-production reference collecting.

OP
OP
space_nut

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I just noticed that in the final game street lights, flares, etc all cast shadows to your car. So when you drive past them you'll see your car cast a shadow from each light source O.o

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
If there is any game that can showcase what difference a top tier lighting artist can make, this is it.

OP
OP
space_nut

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
This gem :) Credit to Remij

Love the detail of puddles created by rain slowly drying up

44850626672_372e767d2a_o.gif

Mine

FrighteningRichAoudad-size_restricted.gif

Last edited: