• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
I haven't played a racing game in years, owing greatly to preferring the more arcade stylings of F Zero and Burnout. But something is attracting me to this game and I don't know what it is.

I got an Xbox One S in a trade with someone.

I wonder if I should get this game? I was gonna experiment with older titles in the series thinking they would be cheaper but nope. Even Horizon 2 is still $30 to $40.

I've not played *all* the Horizon games, but I've spent time with 2, 3, and 4. Each game builds upon and improves upon the game that came before it. Or, to be more blunt, Forza Horizon 4 is absolutely the best of the bunch, in my opinion. FH3 is pretty rad, but playing it right now, I miss a lot of stuff from FH4. I love the whole 'seasons' thing, I like the structural changes from 3 to 4 in terms of how content is metered, and there are heaps of quality of life improvements. I also prefer more of the 'tracks' in 4 than 3. 4 is also way, *way* more generous in terms of cars and credits, meaning more vehicles and tunes to play around with.

I have... Yeesh... 300 hours or so logged with FH4. And despite having only a single 'cheevo to get, and a couple of events to 3-star, I just can't tear myself away from it.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Finally the Z16A 3000GT/GTO is in FH4! I love that car (and it deserves more love)
13416712.jpg

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, Mitsubishi is back in? What's the ETA?

I wonder if this means we'll start seeing them in other games? Or am I thinking of Toyota that doesn't want to appear in games anymore?

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
I have a bug where my seasonal championship progress is erased if I do anything in between the white icon races or if I turn the system off and back on. It is really really killing my enjoyment. Does anyone have a fix to this or anything I can do? Thanks

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Even though I haven't played them, all three current seasonal championships on Fortune Island have been marked as completed ever since they appeared. I tried playing one and didn't get the rewards. I'm not too bothered since it's only a few wheelspins, but I'd be really pissed off if it happened in championships with exclusive cars as prizes...

Any one else have this issue?

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
It is a known issue. There is a thread over at the official Forza Horizon 4 forum, with reports from many people (including myself, as it happens). No substantiative response as of right now, but then they do also already have an update going out that they are focused on. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Was wondering why the new content wasn't anywhere to be seen, only to realize the Windows store didn't download the patch on it's own. Last time the game didn't let me start with an outdated version, why does it now?

Also the Mitsubishi stuff is nice, but everything else than being free would have caused an uproar, at least from me, since the cars were already available in 3 and the only reason they seem to have been absent were rights issues.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Wow! Somone over at the Forza reddit drew attention to something that I certainly totally missed. The latest update also added a new 'business' to the game. "Isha's Taxis" - just north-west of the Festival site. And it is weird.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Doing the Old Rivals seasonal just reminds me why I hate the drivatar AI so much in this game. I finished it on Expert and got the rewards but it was pretty frustrating.

The first race in particular was a shit show for me. I tried about 8 times and literally every single time I got into fourth within 40 seconds but the same 3 drivers would were 10 years away and impossible to catch. Eventually I just said fuck it and went onto to the next race. Second was fine, won it with ease on the first try. The last race was back to being annoying, took me at least 8 tries again because every single time I would come 2nd or 3rd but the same driver kept winning so I was always 2 points behind.

The car is cool though except for the fact every Hoonigan car sucks in cockpit mode because the giant logo on the windscreen covers half the screen.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Kind of confused with how the scoring works in the Seasonal Championships. Last season, I ran through the Championship to win the Hudson. I came 1st in all three races, but one of the Drivatars scored more points than I did, and so overall, I came in second.

What am I missing here?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Kind of confused with how the scoring works in the Seasonal Championships. Last season, I ran through the Championship to win the Hudson. I came 1st in all three races, but one of the Drivatars scored more points than I did, and so overall, I came in second.

What am I missing here?

That's no possible, it's pretty standard scoring. If you came first in every race you should be on 60 points which is the max, it wouldn't have been possible for anyone else to be higher than 48.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
That's happened to me - winning all the events but then being beaten on points. Some kind of bug. But not one that appears very often.Haven't seen it for a while.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
That's no possible, it's pretty standard scoring. If you came first in every race you should be on 60 points which is the max, it wouldn't have been possible for anyone else to be higher than 48.
That's happened to me - winning all the events but then being beaten on points. Some kind of bug. But not one that appears very often.Haven't seen it for a while.

Ok - sort of glad to hear it's probably a bug. I thought I was doing something wrong.

RetroKrystal

Community Liaison for Playground Games
Verified
Oct 15, 2018

What am I missing here?

I'd suggest submitting a ticket if this happens again. If you could attach a video capture too, that would be very helpful

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
So I did the championship for the Rs2000 in the Peugeot 206 stock.

If I'm in stock so is the AI right?

Why did they all immediately drive away from me and have greater acceleration throughout the races?

I still won because they are slow through corners but stuff like that winds me up about the AI.

I kind of wish the races were all against people and you didn't need to win just finish.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Btw letting everyone here know that the Hot Wheels rip rod is obtainable in the seasonal drag championship and requires pvp. I'm up to convoying up for the car and if anyone needs help getting it.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Btw letting everyone here know that the Hot Wheels rip rod is obtainable in the seasonal drag championship and requires pvp. I'm up to convoying up for the car and if anyone needs help getting it.
I've tried a couple of times to win PvP but haven't had the right setups yet. It seems like the Ford '32 is dominating it so far.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
oh great. this will go well *sarcasm*
It's not that bad from a player standpoint (as in no one has tried to ram me off the track), but I've been just short with the tunes I've been using. Last one I tried I was consistently second by around .1 seconds. I would lead until around the half way point before the other guy would pull slightly ahead so I guess looking for some higher top end might be helpful.

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any cars other than the Ford '32 win the drag races yet... and they have usually been the top 5.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Will there be no more seasonal championships for the Fortune Island DLC? It has some great tracks so some additional championships there are always cool.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a bug or glitch where when you go check your cars/garage. You just get the whatever class you're in and doesn't show any other cars? I had it happen to me minutes ago and I couldn't see my other cars.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Was messing around with the 4K30 mode last night and holy crap are the menus extremely laggy. That was honestly a bigger annoyance to me than the actual gameplay.

Anton668

Nov 5, 2017
For what it's worth, I haven't seen any cars other than the Ford '32 win the drag races yet... and they have usually been the top 5.

And to add to this, look up a tune for it by the user Stevio2175. Tis easy mode. Though, the highway route can be a bit tricky what with actually having to steer! lol
I got 1st place in the first 3 races leaving me only needing 5 points to win, so I took it easy on the last race as to not crash.

Also.. Manual shifting helps alot! although I have seen ppl say they used that tune with automatic and won so.. YMMV

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Does anyone have a bug or glitch where when you go check your cars/garage. You just get the whatever class you're in and doesn't show any other cars? I had it happen to me minutes ago and I couldn't see my other cars.
That happened to me yesterday as well. I think it might have been because I had started a championship, but I had never seen it happen before so maybe it is a bug.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I've started "losing" my VIP house randomly on PC, I don't get double VIP bonus for the hourly forzathon and I have to go back to the mainland, "buy" the VIP house for $0 to fix it. And no, it doesn't give 2 extra superspins like the old glitch of launch (lol). Also notice sometimes I just randomly lose forzathon points, I am at a ridiculous amount (15k hahaha) so doesn't really mean anything but I'll earn 60, be at 15460 or whatever and when I run the game a few hours later it'll be at 15400.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
They're trolling us with a drag seasonal. Car locked behind PVP as well, just why Playground? I'm ashamed to admit I abused the shit out of rewind to win the Track Toys championship, those S class cars are impossible to control.