• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
man that seasonal PR stunt in Ambleside is giving me a hard time. How the hell can you can 755ft off that jump?

Anton668

Nov 5, 2017
That is unfortunate, I really don't feel like doing that one now but I think I can add stability tires at least for this one.

I shared a setup it you want to give it a try. Named "D500 100+MPH". Username Cthulhu668.
Worked well for me and my son

man that seasonal PR stunt in Ambleside is giving me a hard time. How the hell can you can 755ft off that jump?

Same thing me and my son were wondering when we gave it a quick try...

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I don't even know how that seasonal is possible at stock.

Did they change the R8 engine sound recently? Just fired it up for the first time in a while for Winter and it sounds more aggressive than I remember.

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
man FUCK the auction house. Shortt Sirket was kind enough to set up an auction so I could have the Type R and what do you know? As I'm loading the fucking auction on my end, some mother fucker swoops in and snipes it. Can't fucking believe it.

Of course I've been sniped multiple times for other cars since then too. Ugh ok just needed to vent to fellow nerds.
'
What a bummer. The AH stinks for car collectors like myself who prefer not to flip for profit. I tried 3 times (spent 3 million plus credits) trying to get an "untouched" Maserati 300 and each one had all the perks used even though they used the trick paintjob that said perks unused.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I never bothered with AH.....that much. Certainly when it comes to cars people for sure spent skill points on. (that I know of)

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
glad I'm not the only one. Even I couldn't get in the 700s

I did it with the Agera RS, upgraded to the max. But with snow tyres and rally suspension (I think).

Did it from the south and crossed through the flags aiming at the centre of the big tree behind.

Failed a few times due to crashing into trees or landing on my roof. But my first clean jump after that gave me 233m and completed the challenge.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I did it with the Agera RS, upgraded to the max. But with snow tyres and rally suspension (I think).

Did it from the south and crossed through the flags aiming at the centre of the big tree behind.

Failed a few times due to crashing into trees or landing on my roof. But my first clean jump after that gave me 233m and completed the challenge.
Managed it with your advice. Thanks! :)

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN

That is the exact car I use for all the Danger Signs and dirt Speed Zones. It makes them all stupidly easy.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I've been using a TVR Speed 12 - upgraded to the max, rally springs, dirt/snow tyres - as my go to explore the map at speed, speed zone, and jump car. But I needed that little bit extra for this seasonal challenge the Agera.

While we're on the subject why doesn't Playground do something about the clear cheating on jump leaderboards. Some of those distances are insane.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why haven't players figured out Forzathon after all this time?! Fast travel to events further away, go back and forth over traps, fast travel back to danger signs and all that. I still see people refuse to rewind when it's obvious they won't get between the posts on speed and drift zones.

Even I'm still getting better at it. I try to run into a solid wall or tree at the end of speed zones to stop instantly instead of doing a slow U turn.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Cleaned up the Fortune Island seasonal PR events yesterday. After all the talk about that danger sign, I was surprised at how little time it took me once I took everyone's advice and used the Agera RS. I did the jump the "wrong" way and managed to hit 260+m every time; it was always just a matter of whether I could land it. After I stuck the landing, I tried doing the jump the other way and without really preparing for it still managed about 210m. I bet 220m is easily achievable without worrying about landing in a mess of trees going the other way.

Why haven't players figured out Forzathon after all this time?! Fast travel to events further away, go back and forth over traps, fast travel back to danger signs and all that. I still see people refuse to rewind when it's obvious they won't get between the posts on speed and drift zones.

Even I'm still getting better at it. I try to run into a solid wall or tree at the end of speed zones to stop instantly instead of doing a slow U turn.

Eh. Not everyone's gotten all the fast travel signs (I definitely haven't, don't really want to look up a map to find them all), so it does cost a bit of money. More importantly, I kinda like the mad dash for the next objective. Regarding danger signs, I find it doesn't actually save me that much time, especially if it's one of the danger signs you can do both ways, which incentivizes you to drive back up the hill as fast as you can to get distance going back the other way as well.

Also, 99% of the time either you have enough people that it really doesn't matter how long it takes you to get to the next objective, or you definitely don't have enough people and no amount of optimization will get you all the Forzathon points.

I mean, if you wanted to get really serious, at speed traps you should just be driving your car back and forth across the line to get ~50kph every 10 seconds instead of driving way off and doing the speed trap "normally." But that isn't really very fun.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France

Most of the time I fast travel between objectives, but sometimes I've got a good skill chain going and don't want to waste it ;)

Also, is anyone else infuriated by the drivatar behavior when doing online championships? They tend to weave all over the place and block your driving line, in addition to something which I guess is server update frequency-related where you'll get shunted aside by an invisible force, which I guess server-side is an opponent but isn't in that spot client-side? Lost a few races that way.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I now remember why I never do the weekly competitive coop championship. First race it's a tight one. I am trailing some opponents with a teammate, we were catching up until he decided to drive by my side and go against my car, not allowing me to turn and making me crash into a train. I lose like 4 positions. We lose. Second race I am leading the race, behind me a teammate. He decides to ram me into a fucking wall. I lose a lot of positions. We lose again.

Never trust online allies in a racing game.

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
I now remember why I never do the weekly competitive coop championship. First race it's a tight one. I am trailing some opponents with a teammate, we were catching up until he decided to drive by my side and go against my car, not allowing me to turn and making me crash into a train. I lose like 4 positions. We lose. Second race I am leading the race, behind me a teammate. He decides to ram me into a fucking wall. I lose a lot of positions. We lose again.

I literally never even try them. They are such a constant clusterfuck, it is not even worth my time.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
I literally never even try them. They are such a constant clusterfuck, it is not even worth my time.

I wonder if this aspect of the seasonals will be tweaked once the 'free for all' online mode becomes available. The 'team based only' experiment was well intentioned, but ultimately didn't pan out. Hell, not only did it not pan out, it also was *worse* much of the time, because you could make it through the gauntlet of ramming and wall-riding, and nonetheless not benefit from your efforts due to the rest of the team.

Free-for-all seasonals will of course still be a gauntlet of ramming and wall-riding, but at least that'd be *all* you have to deal with.

That aside, I'm feeling a little salty. Did one one of the seasonal championships on Fortune Island (Southland Super Scramble), and didn't get *any* of the three wheelspin rewards. Sure, at this point (12+ days logged, over 500 cars, 30+mill currently banked), it isn't like I need even more stuff, but it's the *principle*, you know?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is it just me or do these Forzathon shop cars suck? Half of them are available in the Autoshow for credits.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
My welcome back/new car screen has been showing the wrong two cars for weeks now. Instead of the correct two cars today mine shows the Mosler and Hoonigan RS200. I wish Playground would fix this.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting a bit closer to completion now. Nearly have all the achievements. Finally went back and did my last drift zone. Spent a lot on cheap cars I don't own yet and had to delete all my dupes because it turns out there's a cap of 550. I still have a bit to go with maxing out masteries for Forza Rewards because I've only been filling out Forza Edition or legendary masteries, but I'm playing the long game in this case.

I still need to unlock The Goliath, so I've finally got some actual grinding ahead of me to get from level 17 to 20 road racing.

Is it just me or do these Forzathon shop cars suck? Half of them are available in the Autoshow for credits.
My rule is to buy it from the Forzathon store if I don't own it, and I don't just mean the cars. With that being said, I don't think I've had to buy anything in nearly a month.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent

Until non-contact races return I refuse to do them. Chances are they'll never return so I guess I'll never be playing online anymore. So be it.

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
Man the new Hoonigan RS200 is probably my favorite car in the game, it's just super stable and incredibly fun to drive

The4WuDu

Oct 27, 2017
What's the trick the 'Human Made' spring forzathon challenge this week?

It says drive 12 miles through the country in the Volvo 850 R - I've been driving around freeroam, also entered races - but no miles are counting toward the total?

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
What's the trick the 'Human Made' spring forzathon challenge this week?

It says drive 12 miles through the country in the Volvo 850 R - I've been driving around freeroam, also entered races - but no miles are counting toward the total?

Apply a tune to it. Edit: I went all the way to S2 on it, for a healthy dose of the ridiculous.

Deleted member 3534

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a racing game in years, owing greatly to preferring the more arcade stylings of F Zero and Burnout. But something is attracting me to this game and I don't know what it is.

I got an Xbox One S in a trade with someone.

I wonder if I should get this game? I was gonna experiment with older titles in the series thinking they would be cheaper but nope. Even Horizon 2 is still $30 to $40.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a racing game in years, owing greatly to preferring the more arcade stylings of F Zero and Burnout. But something is attracting me to this game and I don't know what it is.

I got an Xbox One S in a trade with someone.

I wonder if I should get this game? I was gonna experiment with older titles in the series thinking they would be cheaper but nope. Even Horizon 2 is still $30 to $40.

The game was bundled with consoles recently, so codes should be roaming around fairly cheap. In case you wanna go even cheaper, just do a quick Game Pass trial so you can play the game for 2 weeks and see if it's up your alley or not. If it is, you can buy it or sub on Game Pass for longer.