• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first Horizon expansion I've actually played (despite picking up all the others in sales well after I finished the main games--oops). I'm a bit surprised at how small the map feels, but I suppose crafting a whole new open area to drive around in isn't exactly easy.

I like the idea of the Island Conquerer, though I'm not sure how I feel about them giving you so much money in treasure chests that are only accessible if you own the expansion, so that people who just have the base game are stuck without. On the other hand, if there are expansion cars you can only buy through the autoshow, I guess that makes more sense.

One minor thing: am I the only one who's disappointed the radio stations didn't change? I can only listen to Ride or Die so many times.

That's a bit odd, you'd have thought they'd like you to spawn in that area if you wanted.
Don't forget you can set your home to festival sites too, that works for spawning there.

Yep, in fact I'm pretty sure there's a new voice line from one of the festival crew about how they made space out back for all the drivers to hang around on the island. It seems like you're intended to use the festival site as your homebase for Fortune Island.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I think this and Blizzard mountain are my favorite DLCs. Actually, Storm Island was fantastic too. I didn't like Hot Wheels at all, it looked cool aesthetically but it was not fun IMO.

Great job PlaygroundGames

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Might wait for a sale on the expansions. Fortune Island looks alright but nothing special like Blizzard Mountain was. I do really want to check out the upgraded storms though.

Looks like I won't be doing the weekly, again I'm not paying 500k credits for a car I don't even want.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Progression on Fortune Island feels really short; it didn't take long at all for me to reach level 10. I think it might have benefited from having a different progression system from the main game, something like Blizzard Mountain or Storm Island tried.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
I don't remember getting bored after 5 races in previous Horizon expansions. Not feeling Fortune Island so far...

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I 100%'d everything in Fortune Island. No barn find is a bummer, but I can't find a reason to stay around there besides the drifting road and rally/offroad stuff.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I just saved for and bought the 15m house and... I think I'm done. Had fun, but it felt more grindy then any other FH and the events never really felt different/important enough from each other.

And the in-game economy is story out of whack, too:/

Oct 29, 2017
NL
Finished Fortune Island last night. As with the previous expansions, I find them to be a lot more fun than the main game. Having found all the treasures, I finally had enough money to buy a castle. Still needing the last barn find I fucked it up and bought the wrong one! I feel so stupid, I didnt even look as I figured it would come with the Edinburgh one -_- Now I have to grind/sell 6 mill again or wait for the next expansions *sigh

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Finished the Fortune Island expansion! Short, but pretty fun. Could use some more Cross Country races though, and the new weather is not as extreme as I expected. Still, Fortune Island sits right behind Blizzard Mountain as one of my top 3 Horizon experiences (3rd is FH3 base map itself).

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished most of the Fortune Island content, still have to do the Drift 2.0 storyline and a couple achievements, but all events, stunts and such are done. Excellent expansion pack imho, very atmospheric, great locations for skill chains, and the treasure hunts are a very fresh and welcome change of pace. Really enjoyed the extremely long downhill drift zone too. Plus the 10 millions (which amounted to less because I had to buy some cars and setups to get all challenges done) was enough for me to buy the last 15m castle too, and with all the spins and such I'm already at around 4 millions again. The next weeks I'll be doing some more mop-ups in both the base game and the expansion pack.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
It's a bit small, great looking map but will you ever play these online? Is there a separate team adventure playlist just for it?

Oct 26, 2017
God I just started fortune island and it further cements this game as my game of the gen.

To our British fans: is Fortune Island loosely based off of Shetland / North Wales?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, question, do we have to be in fortune island to do adventures there? or can doing adventures in mainland actually lead us to fortune island?

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Having played through about 3/4th of all the various activities I'm liking Fortune Island a lot. The hilly/mountainous terrain and the winding roads are a great addition to 4's base offerings and all the dirt racing events make me very happy :>. Looks very good too, winter's going to be amazing.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Finished the Leviathan big race and got one to go. I'm enjoying this and its making me remember why FH4 is in my top list this year.

Such a damn good time.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what with my xbox breaking I let my gamepass sub lapse and I haven't played for a while, but I've kept the farming going, I have a bit of influence to redeem now though. Wonder how many spins and levels that gets me.

eYL3ZUQ.png

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
So what with my xbox breaking I let my gamepass sub lapse and I haven't played for a while, but I've kept the farming going, I have a bit of influence to redeem now though. Wonder how many spins and levels that gets me.

eYL3ZUQ.png
Holy shit. How do you do your farming? I have a crappy Android phone I just leave plugged into USB at home and stream with audio only the whole time. Every 24 hrs or so usually nets me about 10-15 wheelspins, that's pretty much the only reason I play it now.

Certainly glad I didn't buy it outright, once I bought the most expensive house I never felt there was much need to complete the rest of the events/classes or whatever in it... and the Mixer farming made plowing through those events unnecessary. Oh, and the AI is shit in this game, too.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. How do you do your farming? I have a crappy Android phone I just leave plugged into USB at home and stream with audio only the whole time. Every 24 hrs or so usually nets me about 10-15 wheelspins, that's pretty much the only reason I play it now.

Certainly glad I didn't buy it outright, once I bought the most expensive house I never felt there was much need to complete the rest of the events/classes or whatever in it... and the Mixer farming made plowing through those events unnecessary. Oh, and the AI is shit in this game, too.

I have a spare PC at work I have left on mixer 24/7 since release.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I seriously do not like free roam rush, I still hate it. I like playing online but the whole free roam rush meh

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Beat fortune island. Did all the races and found the treasure chests. I was able to by that castle finally in the main game, lol.

I;ve got some problems with how the game handles it's progression but I still love the series. Always something to do and the facing is as fun as ever.

RetroKrystal

Community Liaison for Playground Games
Verified
Oct 15, 2018
Just a little update but if any of you are experiencing crashes, please submit a support ticket.

We are looking into various crashes and trying to get these fixed.

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
I seriously do not like free roam rush, I still hate it. I like playing online but the whole free roam rush meh
It would be nice if there were more options for multiplayer besides team adventure.

Like a pure racing one where you it's best of 5, the race type changes randomly and you can change car between races to match.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice if there were more options for multiplayer besides team adventure.

Like a pure racing one where you it's best of 5, the race type changes randomly and you can change car between races to match.

Yep, wonder if Playground games just wants you to experience the open world but just give me matchmaking into races like that.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
In every Forza Horizon game, I always spend money on the treasure chest and reveal all collectibles. Even on DLC maps (like Blizzard Mountain, Hot Wheels Island, etc...). I've decided to skip that for Fortune Island. I love puzzle games and I love riddles and it seems like it will be fun to piece together exactly where the treasure chests are located.

Started Fortune Island recently and one thing I've noticed is playing through this game just makes me wish I had Playground's Fable in my hands. Their world design is amazing.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In every Forza Horizon game, I always spend money on the treasure chest and reveal all collectibles. Even on DLC maps (like Blizzard Mountain, Hot Wheels Island, etc...). I've decided to skip that for Fortune Island. I love puzzle games and I love riddles and it seems like it will be fun to piece together exactly where the treasure chests are located.

Started Fortune Island recently and one thing I've noticed is playing through this game just makes me wish I had Playground's Fable in my hands. Their world design is amazing.

By all means, this spectacular Great Britain, an exotic island with treasures, the character customization, the giant open world... it all feels like very useful knowledge they're putting together for Fable. They know how to make exciting and spectacular game worlds, that's for sure, we'll see how they'll manage with one full of people, battles, quests.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever came up with this week's trial championship was pretty sadistic. Three *five* lap dirt events in slow ass big rig trucks. The last one took almost 8 min @_@. Luckily three people left after the first race and me and someone else were able to carry what remained of our team to victory in with the next two.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
How is there no option to test drive cars still? 400FP for a car I don't even know if I'll like isn't that appealing.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Whoever came up with this week's trial championship was pretty sadistic. Three *five* lap dirt events in slow ass big rig trucks. The last one took almost 8 min @_@. Luckily three people left after the first race and me and someone else were able to carry what remained of our team to victory in with the next two.

Oh great. And that's the only way to win the Santa suit, right?

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I'm finding that when I load the game I'm being told that certain DLC cars are now available - but they're not. For example just loading the game right now told me the Citroen DS3 Racing was available.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
There are so many events with the addition of fortune island, sweet. I really do love this.

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about fortune island for me is the treasure mini-game. I enjoy earning/tracking down the chests and getting 1 million credits or even a really nice vehicle. This makes up for the lackluster spins I always seem to get in the main game.