• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished that damned championship in 1st place Expert. Just took enough tries and perfection I guess! Used the Infinity Q50 fully upgraded to A-800 to do it.

Yeah definitely. I think the biggest issue was that the Q50 has a pretty shit turning radius. I tried some other cars and especially saw the Volve V60 able to take much tighter turns.

I haven't figured it out completely but often you can get "good" and "bad" cars with the same numerical score and class.

I strongly suspect its because the three digit score is an average of the 5 stats below it... AND some of those stats are much less useful. IMHO top speed and one of the others are pretty useless. Meanwhile acceleration and handling are absolutely key.

When looking for cars try prioritising those two stats (so get a car with overly good acceleration and overly bad top speed).

I upgraded a Caterham r500 and its great for races. Its ridiculously quick to accelerate and can get round corners easily in amber/red.... Plus I made it 4 wheel drive, so it's very stable when accelerating. I win every race easily in that, whilst I struggle badly in some other cars (E. G. The weekly challenge Nissan car which has very high top speed but relatively bad cornering).

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I adored Forza Horizon 3. It was my first game in the series and blew me away. I sunk hours into it and loved every minute. Definitely one of my favorite racing games ever.

Forza Horizon 4 is not gripping me thus far, though I'm still extremely early (haven't even unlocked Autumn yet). Graphically, I was expecting to be floored. I'm playing on One X, whereas I played Horizon 3 on One S. So far, I'm really disappointed. It looks nice but not incredible. And in certain areas, kinda not great. Overall, I prefer the look of Horizon 3 at this point. I played Spider-Man on PS4 Pro right before this and was much more impressed by how that game looked.

The driving itself still feels great, but the game as a whole feels extremely similar to #3. I just don't feel the awe or excitement to explore. The races are pretty good, but nothing too exciting.

I'm actually surprised it has scored so high with critics based on what I've seen.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
So is it best to try and get cars with higher numbers. Like instead of 715 you want 800. Would that 800 car definitely be better?

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Couple of random questions:
  1. Is it possible to see the entry requirements for a race before driving to them?
  2. Can you change the radio station when paused?
Sorry for being dumb, I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Couple of random questions:
  1. Is it possible to see the entry requirements for a race before driving to them?
  2. Can you change the radio station when paused?
Sorry for being dumb, I feel like I am missing something obvious.

There is no entry requirements, you can take any car to a race, and you can also blueprint races so you can set the requirements yourself and change the season, weather, etc.
Except for street races. Street races will just use whatever car you currently are driving.

You can change radio stations on the go by pressing right on the dpad.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to set damage to cosmetic when in the open world, and keep it for the individual race events? I want it on the events but i also love driving in a straight line no matter what in the open world, so I inevitably bin the car and render it undriveable.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
PSA

If you like 3 starring speed zones and love winding through country roads at breakneck speed with amazing control, stop buying houses, sell every car that you don't absolutely need and go to the Auto show and buy a Lambo Centenario.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Is the Team Adventure achievement glitched? I played a lot and never got it
PSA

If you like 3 starring speed zones and love winding through country roads at breakneck speed with amazing control, stop buying houses, sell every car that you don't absolutely need and go to the Auto show and buy a Lambo Centenario.
How much does it cost? + How's the car steering? I have a Lambo but the steering is garbage

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
There is no entry requirements, you can take any car to a race, and you can also blueprint races so you can set the requirements yourself and change the season, weather, etc.
Except for street races. Street races will just use whatever car you currently are driving.

You can change radio stations on the go by pressing right on the dpad.
Thanks - I think I missed the option to switch to the normal event when the game was trying to sell me DLC!

Would still like the option to pause and change the radio station though - pressing the d-pad can be awkward when cornering.

EDIT - actually the championship is still locked behind DLC and the game doesn't tell you until you get there. You can compete in the single event, but not the championship. Pretty shitty practice IMO.

Last edited:

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
So by any chance do you have a TCL TV? We've narrowed down an issue with the halftone patterns the game uses for distant LOD spawns that interacts with the picture processing in TCL sets, and causes that weird green/purple issue. It sticks out like a sore thumb in winter. Interestingly (if it's that issue), you won't be able to capture Game DVR video/caps of it in action, because it won't be present on other displays.

In either case, the only current workaround is to use performance mode, or use system-level supersampling down to 1080p (which still looks better than just running at 1080p) because it's not displaying that 4K pattern.

Thank you, I was going crazy trying to figure it out, the only other game I had seen it in was Red Dead Redemption had a fence in the first town but that was basically it. I have a TCL P605 and was amazed nobody was talking about it since it's a popular tv. Now I wanna test that down sample trick in RDR

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Love this game. Any news on an ERA community evening?

Game looks stunning.

img_7dd2e6b9-5797-4254ufus.png

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Finally finished that damned championship in 1st place Expert. Just took enough tries and perfection I guess! Used the Infinity Q50 fully upgraded to A-800 to do it.

Yeah definitely. I think the biggest issue was that the Q50 has a pretty shit turning radius. I tried some other cars and especially saw the Volve V60 able to take much tighter turns.

It's been said already, but Porsche Panamera is great on that track, good acceleration on straights, and really nimble at cornering. But it will still take skill no matter what, that's just a very demanding course. After I was done with the championship, I tried it again as an exhibition race in Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, and it took me more than an hour of retries to finally win, maybe even two. I also tried it in a number of different cars, and it's hard no matter what I picked. Many turns are quite tricky to pull off while keeping good momentum.

amblesidezyfa7.png

Anyway, I would also recommend learning to shift manually. It's more demanding, but it gives you more control, and makes the whole act of driving more involving.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone else just love picking a classic car, not modding it and just driving down the coast at 70? Crazy speed is good but chilled driving is something else.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just went through 20 wheelspins because I didn't realise I had accumulated them, first spin got me a legendary Ferrari, nice.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Does anyone else just love picking a classic car, not modding it and just driving down the coast at 70? Crazy speed is good but chilled driving is something else.

Oh yeah, I do it all the time, I like free-roaming in a number of different cars. Yesterday I bought a Firebird just for that purpose. Some people go even further, though. I think it was Ralph Fulton who said that the other day he encountered a group of players who were driving toward Edinburgh obeying traffic laws.

PSA

...but then there's also this. For those of you who don't follow HammerStudiosGaming on YouTube, search for Corrupted Disc in the tune store. He does some amazing tunes, and the other day he made an insane TVR Cerbera tune that makes the car accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in less than a second! It drives really well, too, I feel like I'm cheating just 3-starring almost everything thrown at me.

Xbudz

Oct 27, 2017
I tried my hand with the decal creator tonight and made the Hornet from Daytona USA!
The car is the #777 Stock Nissan 250SC, I shared the design if you can find it.

wNS6vJN.jpg

Eo9HenU.jpg

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
How many million credits is the Lambo Centenario? Also is the engine sound good?

I should be able to afford it since I never buy houses because they seem like a gigantic waste of money.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
...but then there's also this. For those of you who don't follow HammerStudiosGaming on YouTube, search for Corrupted Disc in the tune store. He does some amazing tunes, and the other day he made an insane TVR Cerbera tune that makes the car accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in less than a second! It drives really well, too, I feel like I'm cheating just 3-starring almost everything thrown at me.

Well I know what I'm doing when I play this tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
How many million credits is the Lambo Centenario? Also is the engine sound good?

I should be able to afford it since I never buy houses because they seem like a gigantic waste of money.

2.3 mil

Engine sound to my ear is beautiful. Don't think it changes much from fh3 which I liked buy but I have it modded a bit.

Yes you can get results from cheaper cars but there is something about that car that is so beautiful in motion ( I play in near camh) but hood cam is a wild ride

desu

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, only one drift zone left, but that one is killing me. The S-Bend with the 90k target. Seems like I need to do everything perfect to hit that one. Even with my bad 2 start score I am already in the 17% top score.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
By the way, there's definitely something fishy happening with Forzathon challenges. One of the dailies requires 3 Showoff skills, and I had 2/3 since yesterday. Today I did another one, and I waited for the chain to finish so I could be sure that it's banked. I checked the Forzathon afterward, and now it says 1/3. I don't get it. Do dailies have to be done in a single day? If so, when is the cut-off? I asked one of the designers on Twitter, I'll let you know if he answers.

Guys how do i enter photo mode, i am trying to reset the broken windshield!?

Up on the D-pad, then left bumper for damage reset.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
2.3 mil

Engine sound to my ear is beautiful. Don't think it changes much from fh3 which I liked buy but I have it modded a bit.

Yes you can get results from cheaper cars but there is something about that car that is so beautiful in motion ( I play in near camh) but hood cam is a wild ride

I'm 100k short. Looks like you can't even sell cars outside of the auction house. What? That sucks.

Dzidza1978

Oct 30, 2017
By the way, there's definitely something fishy happening with Forzathon challenges. One of the dailies requires 3 Showoff skills, and I had 2/3 since yesterday. Today I did another one, and I waited for the chain to finish so I could be sure that it's banked. I checked the Forzathon afterward, and now it says 1/3. I don't get it. Do dailies have to be done in a single day? If so, when is the cut-off? I asked one of the designers on Twitter, I'll let you know if he answers.

Thx m8

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So with these seasonal events. I still have not figured out the tags. They have both seasonal championship and exhibition. Some of them after I complete them say the championship is completed, but that the exhibition is available. I also have some that are the reverse! What does that mean?

I am just trying to do the season events right now so I am quite confused. I hate the way this is done.

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017

Mine did the same. Had 2/3 yesterday for show off. Checked before I did a race today and it was still 2/3. Just got one in the race and it's back to 1/3. Guess you have to do them all in one session at the moment as it sounds like a bug to me.

Edit: It also reset my weekly progress too. I was on 2 wins and I'm now on 1 again :(

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Surely if its a daily, all 3 have to be done on the same day?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So with these seasonal events. I still have not figured out the tags. They have both seasonal championship and exhibition. Some of them after I complete them say the championship is completed, but that the exhibition is available. I also have some that are the reverse! What does that mean?

I am just trying to do the season events right now so I am quite confused. I hate the way this is done.
Seasonals are championship, exhibition is the normal, place anywhere to win, event that is always there.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
yes I don't know why they took that away.

we used to be able to sell them back to the game for at least partial credit, it was cool

Only Horizon 1 allowed you to sell cars without auction.
Horizon 2 had no auction house and no ability to sell.
Horizon 3 had auction house sell only.
Same for Horizon 4.

The auction house economy would likely die if you could just sell the cars normally.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Surely if its a daily, all 3 have to be done on the same day?

It's not explained anywhere, I thought that daily just means that every day there's a new challenge, and you have until the (visible) timer runs out (which is 2 or 3 days) to complete them. So I take it the (hidden) timer resets at midnight local time.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not explained anywhere, I thought that daily just means that every day there's a new challenge, and you have until the (visible) timer runs out (which is 2 or 3 days) to complete them. So I take it the (hidden) timer resets at midnight local time.
That's what I'd assume, but without clarity in the UI i couldn't be sure.

Skii

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one who just wants character customizations from the Wheelspins? Getting too many cars and credits, lol.

All I get are horns and character customisation stuff. Rarely get any cars. Pretty disheartening that the rewards from a car game for me have largely not been cars.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Only Horizon 1 allowed you to sell cars without auction.
Horizon 2 had no auction house and no ability to sell.
Horizon 3 had auction house sell only.
Same for Horizon 4.

The auction house economy would likely die if you could just sell the cars normally.
Maybe it was in Forza Motorsport?

I know recently one of the games let you do it but can't recall which

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
IMO they should have just removed the auction house. Just like FH1. Buy and sell at fixed prices. The auction house is just not that well thought out, incredibly slow and such a hassle. On top of this, it ruins the market for casuals, and allows the 1% to exploit the prices. Either they need to improve it tremendously or abandon it completely.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, I do it all the time, I like free-roaming in a number of different cars. Yesterday I bought a Firebird just for that purpose. Some people go even further, though. I think it was Ralph Fulton who said that the other day he encountered a group of players who were driving toward Edinburgh obeying traffic laws.

Can you race with this tune, or is it mostly for speed traps etc?