• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terrantino

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the physical ultimate edition. But I'm not sure if I'll save more money by waiting until the ultimate edition upgrade for gamepass is available. *sigh*

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, when does the game actually block you from playing? Started up my Ultimate Edition digital copy and I've not recieved any stop or anything yet. Is it just the demo portion playing out?

Had a funny start. My cars wouldn't go past like 60mph to 80mph and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out it was the half trigger stop on my elite pad.

Side note, the visuals aren't quite as good slowed down as you notice aliasing or shimmering on environmental elements, distant trees etc (OG Xbox One), but at speed things look incredible due to the motion blur etc. Based on memory it doesn't seem as clean looking as FH3, which is strange because as per the DF analysis, FH4 is supposedly using 4xMSAA just like FH3, but it doesn't seem completely clean.

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Wake up early, have to download update to play...

Damnit, 1hr is such a tease and here I taught this was only 38gigs.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Wondering if anyone can answer this question for me.

I have 2 xbox at home. I have the game installed on my Xbox One X but not the Slim so I plan on going home today and start installing it on my Slim. Is there a way I can install the game on my Slim without logging me off my Xbox One X? I was thinking about playing a game on my X while it installs on my slim...

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
That's what I like to know, I just bought my first wheel, a Logitech G920, i'm pumped!!
I've been very happy with my G920 overall, but for some odd reason, the LSB and RSB buttons are completely non- functional on Xbox. I could really use those extra buttons.

Also, make sure to DL the Logitech gaming software on your PC to update the wheel's firmware.

Tarahiro

Oct 28, 2017
Liverpool
Looking forward to playing this tomorrow! My best friend who also loves Forza Horizon is coming to stay for the weekend so good timing really :)

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Wondering if anyone can answer this question for me.

I have 2 xbox at home. I have the game installed on my Xbox One X but not the Slim so I plan on going home today and start installing it on my Slim. Is there a way I can install the game on my Slim without logging me off my Xbox One X? I was thinking about playing a game on my X while it installs on my slim...
I believe once you set the install off you can sign out/sign in as someone else and the download should continue.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
So, when does the game actually block you from playing? Started up my Ultimate Edition digital copy and I've not recieved any stop or anything yet. Is it just the demo portion playing out?

Why would it stop you? The full product is unlocked at midnight the 27th for whichever region you're in.

OP
OP
Klobrille

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Had a funny start. My cars wouldn't go past like 60mph to 80mph and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out it was the half trigger stop on my elite pad.

Side note, the visuals aren't quite as good slowed down as you notice aliasing or shimmering on environmental elements, distant trees etc (OG Xbox One), but at speed things look incredible due to the motion blur etc. Based on memory it doesn't seem as clean looking as FH3, which is strange because as per the DF analysis, FH4 is supposedly using 4xMSAA just like FH3, but it doesn't seem completely clean.
Early Access is the full version.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
What does influence give you? I'm watching Mixer and getting it and i don't want to rack up like 500k influence and start the game with a ton of levels or whatever.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I think another 6 hours for me. 8pm PST.

Thanks. I thought it was unlocking tomorrow morning. Then I read how some are already playing and thought they opened the door early. I have to be up at 4am tomorrow so no way I can play tonight! Arghhh! I am off today as well and would of loved to put a few hours into it before bed!

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I always get giftcards for Hong Kong/Singapore store. Check what game you want and how much it cost. Got to play asia, or Seagm.com. Get what you need. Most times you only can get is more then you need. But he you can use remaining credit for a next time haha. Then go to your Xbox change local to the region you want and enter the codes you got and now you have credit on there and then buy the game you want. I like Hong Kong and Singapore for new games. Because its cheaper and you get to play earlier.
Will give it a try with a SG$10 test balloon ;) If it it not working I may contact you per PM again. You are from the Netherlands, right?

Edit:
seagm.com says gift cards are region locked and can only be used by accounts created in the same region. that is my experience too. Nevermind. I will buy in the US via Amazon where I can get game codes directly (games are not region locked like gift cards & game pass codes)

Last edited:

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

Why would early access block you from content? It's the full game.

Horizon hasn't had clean IQ on base consoles since the very first game. The engine and rendering techniques they've used since have extremely high aliasing for whatever reason. Horizon 3 looked pretty jaggy to me without unless you downsampled it from 4K, especially with the trees. I played 4 at 1440p downsampled on PC and there's still aliasing everywhere. 4x MSAA at 1080p definitely wouldn't eliminate it upon close inspection.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
What does influence give you? I'm watching Mixer and getting it and i don't want to rack up like 500k influence and start the game with a ton of levels or whatever.
It sounds like it's just their name for experience. From what I understand you have to get to a certain part of the game before you even earn influence for watching streams anyways.

edit: apparently you'll get "back-pay" though, once you get there
Notably, you'll have to spend a small amount of time unlocking the "Mixer" thread in the campaign – but once you do, all the influence you've accrued will be waiting for you!
from here
found from here

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Why would early access block you from content? It's the full game.

Horizon hasn't had clean IQ on base consoles since the very first game. The engine and rendering techniques they've used since have extremely high aliasing for whatever reason. Horizon 3 looked pretty jaggy to me without unless you downsampled it from 4K, especially with the trees. I played 4 at 1440p downsampled on PC and there's still aliasing everywhere. 4x MSAA at 1080p definitely wouldn't eliminate it upon close inspection.

What? Forza Horizon 1 on the 360 had some of the best IQ on that system. It was arguably one the big things that people mentioned that the IQ was really good for the 360. Forza Motorsport on the other hand always had bad IQ on the 360 and One. Forza 7 on "X" has very good IQ. But Horizon, especially the first game was some of the best IQ on the 360.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
What? Forza Horizon 1 on the 360 had some of the best IQ on that system. It was arguably one the big things that people mentioned that the IQ was really good for the 360. Forza Motorsport on the other hand always had bad IQ on the 360 and One. Forza 7 on "X" has very good IQ. But Horizon, especially the first game was some of the best IQ on the 360.

Since the first game, meaning the first game had clean IQ and then 2/3/4 got downgraded there. I remember playing FH2 and the very first thing I noticed was how much aliasing it had compared to 1 even though it was running at 1080p.

Last edited:

Spitz

Oct 27, 2017
This game is everything i wanted the only negative thing so far it takes to long to add DLC cars to your collection.
The 19 cars took about 15 minutes to buy them and i always used the standard colors to speed it up.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
This game is everything i wanted the only negative thing so far it takes to long to add DLC cars to your collection.
The 19 cars took about 15 minutes to buy them and i always used the standard colors to speed it up.

Yes, they changed this in Forza 7 though where they are automatically added to your garage, I hope they change it on Horizon 4.

Is there any news on an Forza Era club people can join?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Since the first game, meaning the first game had clean IQ and then 2/3/4 got downgraded there. I remember playing FH2 and the very first thing I noticed was how much aliasing it had compared to 1 even though it was running a 1080p.

My apologies, I misread that part. I agree. I think FH2 did not have clean IQ, but I think FH3 on base was a little cleaner, but yeah still was not great...it was an improvement over FH2. I no longer have a base Xbox One, just the "X" now and FH3 and FH4 demo have extremely good IQ as did Forza 7. That is one thing I hope the next gen will bring...better frame rates and continued improved IQ. Clean IQ really makes things look fantastic....like when you play a 360 game via BC and it has "X" upgrades, you really appreciate the game with the improved resolution and a by product of that is much better IQ.

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I can't find any information anywhere about this; does anyone know which 'version' of the game is included in Xbox Game Pass? Do I get early access right now because it's the Ultimate Edition, or would I not be able to play until Tuesday because it's the Standard Edition?

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't find any information anywhere about this; does anyone know which 'version' of the game is included in Xbox Game Pass? Do I get early access right now because it's the Ultimate Edition, or would I not be able to play until Tuesday because it's the Standard Edition?
Standard

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Will give it a try with a SG$10 test balloon ;) If it it not working I may contact you per PM again. You are from the Netherlands, right?

Edit:
seagm.com says gift cards are region locked and can only be used by accounts created in the same region. that is my experience too. Nevermind. I will buy in the US via Amazon where I can get game codes directly (games are not region locked like gift cards & game pass codes)

Did you add a Singapore address to your account ? You don't need to create a local account, just add a local address to your current one. Then you will be able to add the gift card to this SG account/address and spend it on the SG store. You just need to set it up once, it will be automatically used each time you are buying something on Xbox.com/en-sg.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Did you add a Singapore address to your account ? You don't need to create a local account, just add a local address to your current one. Then you will be able to add the gift card to this SG account/address and spend it on the SG store. You just need to set it up once, it will be automatically used each time you are buying something on Xbox.com/en-sg.
Yes, I have a Singapore address since years. It worked 2 years ago but then out of the sudden not anymore. I also have an US address and US gift cards doesn't work anymore too for me.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I have a Singapore address since years. It worked 2 years ago but then out of the sudden not anymore. I also have an US address and US gift cards doesn't work anymore too for me.

Strange… never had any problem with gift cards on foreign stores. I guess you have a valid credit card linked to your account. May be something linked to your preferred billing address ? (mine is always set to Singapore as this is where I buy everything).

funo

Oct 27, 2017
fun fact: the Windows store is SO amazingly broken... (yeah, we know already, but hear me out)

I bought the ultimate edition weeks ago, started the preload, everything seemed patched and I hit "play" right now a couple of minutes past midnight...
But guess what? It won't start and keeps saying "come back when the game is released"

Did a bit of digging an it turns out you can actually install the REGULAR version of the game even though you preordered the ultimate version. I mean - what?! You can even install both at the same time ... they will both take up space on your disk

So I had to deinstall the regular version and I am now downloading the Ultimate Edition again (which has the exact same size and everyhting) just to start playing...

like ... what?!

HFT12PN.png

thank god for fast internet but wth?!

Strange… never had any problem with gift cards on foreign stores. I guess you have a valid credit card linked to your account. May be something linked to your preferred billing address ? (mine is always set to Singapore as this is where I buy everything).

Ms recently "fixed" various methods of buying their titles in foreign stores via the use of VPN – the only method that works at the moment are gift cards and those are hard to get (if they even exist in some countries with cheaper games)

Last edited:

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought and preloading the Ultimate Edition for X1X. I think I'm more excited for photomode than the actual game, haha.

So beautiful!

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
No the prompt, not rewind itself. In previous games you could turn off the on-screen prompt, but retain the rewind functionality.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Just a heads up....

For those that had already pre-loaded the Ultimate Edition, there are additional cars available to download. I had done the pre-download when it first became available on my "X", today I went to download the Ultimate Edition on my PC as well and it said I had 9 things to download. When I checked what they were, it had a few new cars. I then switched to my "X" and checked and sure enough there were the cars showing as "ready to install". So you might want to check your game to see if there is additional content to download.