• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah

Posted by Bundy

Epic Games revealed Unreal Engine 5 on Wednesday, the latest iteration of its popular game engine. Epic's presentation was very next-generation-focused, so it's no surprise that the company also announced that Fortnite will be a launch title for both the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
www.polygon.com

Fortnite will be on PS5 and Xbox Series X at launch

Next-gen players will be able to jump into battle royale

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally a confirmation. Now people can finally settle down after this long rumoured "will they won't they" situation.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
200.gif

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
HUGE get for the new consoles. I'm very surprised that the game on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch, and Mobile ended up on the new consoles. Let's go baby, let's buy some skins!

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
During the presentation, Epic showed off footage of the new Unreal Engine running on a PS5, but Fortnite won't be running on Unreal Engine 5 when it launches on next-gen consoles. It will initially be the Unreal Engine 4 version that's currently available everywhere else; Epic said that it will bring Fortnite to Unreal Engine 5 in mid-2021.

Really curious to see what Fortnite on UE5 will look like to my layman eyes, if there will even be a significant perceptible fidelity jump over the launch day version of the native PS5/XSX's Fortnite vs the upgrade to UE5 just being mostly amounting to a discreet visual change that mostly enhances things out of sight.

In general, I'm just curious to see how (if) current-gen GaaS console titles make their games look next-gen to the layman like me, and I'm sure Epic is positioned best to do it with Fortnite.

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cool :)

Sorry for being off topic, but can I play with my Nintendo Switch account also on the XBox Series X without loosing my progress?

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Cool :)

Sorry for being off topic, but can I play with my Nintendo Switch account also on the XBox Series X without loosing my progress?
Yes, your Epic Account w/ all your progress moves freely between all platforms. For Fortnite, the one caveat that I can think of is that V-Bucks purchased on eShop or the Microsoft Store would be temporarily unavailable in your Fortnite wallet when playing on competing console platforms; your V-Bucks earned in the Battle Pass or Save The World and V-Bucks bought on PC or Android (iOS too?) are platform agnostic though.

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, your Epic Account w/ all your progress moves freely between all platforms. For Fortnite, the one caveat that I can think of is that V-Bucks purchased on eShop or the Microsoft Store would be temporarily unavailable in your Fortnite wallet when playing on competing console platforms; your V-Bucks earned in the Battle Pass or Save The World and V-Bucks bought on PC or Android (iOS too?) are platform agnostic though.