• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for the responses.

I only asked because my wife and I have been getting U.K/Aussie films lately, and the word is just thrown around like it's an everyday word. Use the word over here in the U.S, and you can cut the awkwardness/cringe in the room with a chainsaw.

So I thought maybe the weight/meaning was different.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking disgusting. I hope he has the most absolutely miserable time because of this. You don't do this to your SO and child (or anyone, for that matter). It's not acceptable.

The sad part is that if he continues streaming later on, he'll have probably gained some fans in the interim who like him because of how he was "treated unfairly" for "putting her in her place" or some shit like that. People are fucking gross.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I am by no means saying that a schedule would have prevented the situations. I am also not saying that the things he has done would have not happend in doing so.

I am trying to say that organizing yourself is an important task to bring all your commitments/hobbies together. Especially if your hobby has become your job.
I mean, you are coming into a thread about a man physically assauting his wife with tips about work schedules

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
That's a dreadful environment and he should get his wish to be left in a room on his own, whether it be in a house or a prison cell.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am by no means saying that a schedule would have prevented the situations. I am also not saying that the things he has done would have not happend in doing so.

I am trying to say that organizing yourself is an important task to bring all your commitments/hobbies together. Especially if your hobby has become your job.

Your scheduling advice is completely irrelevant to what happened. It's just yet another roundabout way to excuse this piece of shit's actions.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm not making excuses here, but rather curious more than anything when I ask this.

This incident happened in Australia, correct? I gather the word "cunt" is used more liberally than over in the U.S. I'm sure it's still a derogatory term, but does it hold the same weight/meaning in Australia than it does in the U.S?
It can be used jokingly between friends, it's not said by a parent to a child.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not making excuses here, but rather curious more than anything when I ask this.

This incident happened in Australia, correct? I gather the word "cunt" is used more liberally than over in the U.S. I'm sure it's still a derogatory term, but does it hold the same weight/meaning in Australia than it does in the U.S?

It doesn't. My friends will call each other cunts in a playfully ribbing sort of way, but by the same token, if someone's going to be using curses to start/instigate a fight, you'll bet they'll be calling them a cunt. In my circles, it's equivalent to, if not a bit higher, than fuck/fuckhead/fucker/etc.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Australians do use the word pretty liberally I'd say. It's not uncommon for people to use it in multiple contexts, some positive and yeah, some not.

You know when someone means it as an insult.

I don't even swear at all, but you do hear it thrown around in certain settings.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking loser. Great job giving people reasons to stereotype gamers in a negative light more than they already do. Deadbeat fucking loser.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
What a giant piece of shit. Super sad he'll likely only get a year. But the bright side is he wont ever get to see his kids again.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
It doesn't. My friends will call each other cunts in a playfully ribbing sort of way, but by the same token, if someone's going to be using curses to start/instigate a fight, you'll bet they'll be calling them a cunt. In my circles, it's equivalent to, if not a bit higher, than fuck/fuckhead/fucker/etc.
Australians do use the word pretty liberally I'd say. It's not uncommon for people to use it in multiple contexts, some positive and yeah, some not.

You know when someone means it as an insult.

I don't even swear at all, but you do hear it thrown around in certain settings.
Right and well, but I'm sure your average Australian won't call their young daughter a cunt, or am I mistaken with the widespread of the word?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017

Cunt holds around the same impact as Dick in Australia. Its actually sort of funny because its thrown around when refering to friends a lot, where Dick isn't and is probably seen as a more offensive term in more situations.

Right and well, but I'm sure your average Australian won't call their young daughter a cunt, or am I mistaken with the widespread of the word?

Nope, the guy is just a scum bucket.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017

Yea, like I said in another post, been watching a lot of U.K/Aussie produced films, and I'm just hearing it being thrown around a lot is all.

Make no mistake, though, I'm fully aware of this guys usage was more derogatory when saying it toward his child. However, that's what prompted the question, as I see this word used is so many different contexts, that I cannot figure out if it's being used playfully or not. Over here in the U.S., there's really only one meaning, and that's a bad one.

So I had to ask. I do not want to de-rail the thread any further, so thank you all for the kind responses.

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
It can be used jokingly between friends, it's not said by a parent to a child.

Funnily enough, I live in a part of North Wales where people use a slang version of that word, "Cont" and it's literally used for anyone and everything it changes meaning entirely based on how it's said and to who.

I've heard Nains use it about their grandchildren "Oh Da iawn cont bach" = Thank you, little c*nt
Greeting a friend "Shwmae cont" = Hello c*nt
Someone's pissed you off "Twmffat cont" = Idiot c*nt

Wales is bloody weird though....

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, that fucker is lucky I'm not in Australia, I've been in abusive relationships and never again, you try to fuck me up or someone else up in that way and I'll fucking break you.

i still think he's wrong but she did a little more then just throw things. that being said, slapping her was excessive .
iam not defending his actions. he is wrong for what he did. I do not condone domestic violence. He deserves the punish he'll be receiving (era might jump to these conclusions)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yHy0gcZ11Y (the full vid is worse imo)

Jesus christ that comment section. Those people need to be sterilized for the future of humanity

Last edited:

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cunt is used in the UK the same way as in Australia. You can tell in its delivery when its a joke or an insult. It's pretty obvious that you don't call children cunts though. Hopefully his SO takes the kids and never sees him again. He's the definition of a man child.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Was this a person with a large audience, or just a random guy? Hope it wasn't someone who any amount of people watched and took influence from

Oct 25, 2017
My God, this is sickening. If he does that on stream, who knows what happens when no one's watching.

It's maybe a fucked up thing to say, but it's kind of a good thing that this happened, at least now he'll face the consequences for it. It can be hard to get out of an abusive relationship on your own.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Does it really matter what words he was using when he physically assaulted her? You can already tell he's a piece of shit, focusing on his word choice is really not all that important. There's no way you can argue he was saying anything in jest by how angry he was, slang or not.

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
Does it really matter what words he was using when he physically assaulted her? You can already tell he's a piece of shit, focusing on his word choice is really not all that important. There's no way you can argue he was saying anything in jest by how angry he was, slang or not.

I think people are more talking about the video where he swears at his kid. Though in that case, I think the tone and manner in which he talks to the kid overrides any thought of "slang" usage there. I mean, from what I understand you don't use that word for a kid, but no matter what, just the way he talks to his daughter makes it clear he's a piece of shit.

And I know I shouldn't have done this, but dear lord the Youtube comments on the full video are just horrifying. I know it's "just Youtube", but it makes me really worried about the environment kids are being raised in/exposed to daily.

Nov 16, 2017
Makes me incredibly sad knowing this piece of shit has a kid / kids and conducts himself like a sulky teenager that doesn't have control of their mood. It's sick. The woman isn't exactly setting a fine example by throwing shit at him and mouthing off, but jesus christ what a fucking scumbag. Why do these people have kids?

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
What a turd.

For all you weak dogs reading this thread - I know you are out there - I want to make this clear. These actions are inexucusable. Those people saying she was the aggressor - you are gigantic cowards. You are the weakest form of human. He had an option - walking away. HITTING a person because you are angry or frustrated is the single biggest sign of weakness you can make. Let alone a woman. Let alone a pregnant woman. If you need to resort to violence to get your way you need to remember you are weak and will always be weak. This is coming from an 85kg+ man who has played enough physical sport to be able to spot weakness in a man. This guy has it written all over him.

Absolute fucking cowards. I've seen some serious turds post about this all over the internet, and at another certain shithole. Absolute fucking cowards.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
What a piece of shit. Poor kids... Abusive parents and that "dad" is just freaking horrible

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
If the child hadn't interrupted dadda while he was neglecting her to play Fortnite with some random kids online, he wouldn't have needed to call her a cunt. It's 101% the child's fault.

/s

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
What a turd.

For all you weak dogs reading this thread - I know you are out there - I want to make this clear. These actions are inexucusable. Those people saying she was the aggressor - you are gigantic cowards. You are the weakest form of human. He had an option - walking away. HITTING a person because you are angry or frustrated is the single biggest sign of weakness you can make. Let alone a woman. Let alone a pregnant woman. If you need to resort to violence to get your way you need to remember you are weak and will always be weak. This is coming from an 85kg+ man who has played enough physical sport to be able to spot weakness in a man. This guy has it written all over him.

Absolute fucking cowards. I've seen some serious turds post about this all over the internet, and at another certain shithole. Absolute fucking cowards.

This so much. I need like button here!

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I think people are more talking about the video where he swears at his kid. Though in that case, I think the tone and manner in which he talks to the kid overrides any thought of "slang" usage there. I mean, from what I understand you don't use that word for a kid, but no matter what, just the way he talks to his daughter makes it clear he's a piece of shit.

And I know I shouldn't have done this, but dear lord the Youtube comments on the full video are just horrifying. I know it's "just Youtube", but it makes me really worried about the environment kids are being raised in/exposed to daily.

That's what I was getting at. The fact he dismisses his child with such a nasty tone is bullshit, but I just wanted to know if that word was something that UK/Aussies use on the regular, child or not.

I do not pretend to know how society works in the UK/Australia, or what is socially exceptable. I got my answers, though, and that is you do not use that word toward a child, even if playing around. So, thank you ERA for educating me with that.

I am also glad he got what he deserved. You can only hope that he sits, reflects, and comes out a better person in the end. I highly doubt it, though. Anger is a tough demon to conquer, and more than likely, turns into revenge. I hope she moves far away.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have no idea why I even click on stuff like this. Just puts me in a sad mood. Hope the mother and kids find a happy life in the future without the asshole.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch the clip but I'm glad his viewers did the right thing by calling the police.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen many teenagers act this way while playing games (verbal abuse) but not too many adults. Pretty sad, but to get physical? There's no excuse for that.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Pregnant, too? Motherfucker. No excuses, get him away from that family.

Also, I'm shocked at these ages honestly. 26 and 21 with a three year old kid? That's pretty young…

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking sickening. I couldn't make it through the entire video with his SO screaming and his child in the background.

Piece of shit, shut your fucking videogame off and tend to your family you worthless fuck!

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People discussing the word cunt here is such an odd take. Way to miss the main thing I think we should be covering here.