• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
do ti for the kids AND herself, it will most likely happen again but what if it happens to the kids, seriously say Bye Felicia and leave
I know that may very well happen if she decides to take him back but I'm not going to stand here and judge her if that's her will. Either way, I hope that this shit won't happen again be it with this dick or with a future partner.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
From the MSN article:

"Ms Campbell revealed that since the alleged assault she had been left terrified after being subjected to torrents of online abuse from Munday's fans, including death threats."

Burn the internet to the ground and take Twitch with it.

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
From the MSN article:

"Ms Campbell revealed that since the alleged assault she had been left terrified after being subjected to torrents of online abuse from Munday's fans, including death threats."

Burn the internet to the ground and take Twitch with it.

There's a bunch of cool people on Twitch, you can't blame shitty human behavior on the platform where these events take place.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I've never agreed with the statement "a man should never hit a woman".
What if a man is in fear for his life from a woman, is he not allowed to defend himself cause of some stupid cliche?
Also, where do we draw the line now? What if it's someone that maybe you think has the outward appearance of a man but actually identifies as a woman? Or vice versa?
Full stop, it's not right to hit people period outside of a controlled setting (boxing, kickboxing, MMA, etc.) or you're defending yourself. Gender shouldn't enter the equation
Anyway, don't mean to derail, just that statement always irks me.

About the video, I avoided watching this cause I assumed it would be extremely disturbing and I was right. The sound of her scream and the kids got me and I had to turn it off. I understand that you and your mate can get on each other's nerves sometimes but you don't take a swing at them for a little shouting match or throwing a stupid box in your direction. I'm glad it was on video but I'm worried that not much will come of it. What are the laws for DV in that part of the world?
I'm also bothered that he will still have a career after this cause I'm sure there are many POS that support him and don't care about this. World is a fucked up place unfortunately

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
There are so many wretched people, mostly men, blaming the woman for her actions. This man is a piece of shit, and any community that supports this type of behaviour is truly poisonous.

This is a negligent father turning to domestic violence, not the motion emotional abuse to his infant children.
The gender of either parent is not an issue here.

My biggest fear is that this will have almost zero impact on his career.
  • streamers using the n- word
  • streamers wearing blackface makeup
  • streamers accidentally masturbating while on stream
  • streamers calling their children a c-nt
  • streamers literally performing domestic violence
We're at the point where streamers can basically do anything and face no backlash from their fanbase or their platforms.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I accidentally dropped by the "old place" for the first time this year and there was this same thread. I felt dirty. I didn't realize GGs took over the forum and there was no moderation... you wouldn't believe what kind of posts I read, straight up bottom-feeder garbage Youtube comments going un-moderated (after I also read a thread on BFV underperforming.... speachless). I don't think I will ever again browse that forum even as a curiosity, it made my blood boil... to think I spent 12 years as a member there, damn the admin's and forum philosophy was really just a big lie for the $.
Now he panders to his true audience. What a shame. You guys are fucked, until you have this POTUS in charge I see no chance of change, it's gonna get worse before it gets better, what's happening in the USA is unthinkable for the vast majority of EU and its populations. I really hope you guys do the right thing come election time.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Well I wanted to edit my post to avoid mentioning the old place but it's not letting me edit it, I dunno why, on mobile and the ... drop down Edit button won't do anything.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Trump being out of office isn't going to change anything, especially with 'gamers', because that's how these people have always been. You're just noticing it more, but it has *always* been there.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
In fact, she said the relationship was over and she no longer thinks he is fit to be the father of their children.
'After this, I've had enough. I don't want him near me or the children,' she said.
I hope she has the support to leave. It often take domestic abuse victims multiple attempts to leave, if they are not killed when trying to do so.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
There are so many wretched people, mostly men, blaming the woman for her actions. This man is a piece of shit, and any community that supports this type of behaviour is truly poisonous.

This is a negligent father turning to domestic violence, not the motion emotional abuse to his infant children.

We're at the point where streamers can basically do anything and face no backlash from their fanbase or their platforms.
Holy shit, had no idea there been streamers with blackface too (shouldn't be surprising though). But I don't know why accidental masturbation is on that list. It's indeed an accident and the embarrasment from it is enough "punishment". Obviously intentionally exposing or pleasuring yourself on Twitch is another matter.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
I accidentally dropped by the "old place" for the first time this year and there was this same thread. I felt dirty. I didn't realize GGs took over the forum and there was no moderation... you wouldn't believe what kind of posts I read, straight up bottom-feeder garbage Youtube comments going un-moderated (after I also read a thread on BFV underperforming.... speachless). I don't think I will ever again browse that forum even as a curiosity, it made my blood boil... to think I spent 12 years as a member there, damn the admin's and forum philosophy was really just a big lie for the $.
Now he panders to his true audience. What a shame. You guys are fucked, until you have this POTUS in charge I see no chance of change, it's gonna get worse before it gets better, what's happening in the USA is unthinkable for the vast majority of EU and its populations. I really hope you guys do the right thing come election time.
Neogaf is honestly like 4chan lite at this point.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if posted before but here are more details on their situation

https://www./news/article-6514805/Fortnite-addicts-battered-body-bashed-girlfriend.html

Apologies for the dailymail source, bit seems legit for the most part.

A reminder to never have knee jerk reactions in the age of social media. There's always more to a situation than we can make out from a small tweet or such.

Just feel bad for the kids for having such unstable parents.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
With my limited view of the situation, only saw the original videos. I hope she is able to distance herself from him completely. Those videos where hard to watch/listen to. Glad he's been charged.

Playing the devils advocate, if somehow they both are to blame, they still need to get away from each other. Again reiterating, I don't think this is the case.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017

https://www./news/article-6514805/Fortnite-addicts-battered-body-bashed-girlfriend.html

A reminder to never have knee jerk reactions in the age of social media. There's always more to a situation than we can make out from a small tweet or such.

Jesus those are some really nasty looking marks, I really feel that if any of that is true this is an incredibly toxic relationship, the kids need new parents

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
So disturbing on so many levels.

the abusive behavior towards his family a woman in front of a child combined with an obvious sick addiction to his gaming that he can't come down from it's like watching an abusive idiot high on meth

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU

It often isn't as black and white as we want to see it. From the looks of it, both seriously need help. I feel so bad for the kids, breaks my heart.

Oct 27, 2017
It often isn't as black and white as we want to see it. From the looks of it, both seriously need help. I feel so bad for the kids, breaks my heart.

What's actually black and white is that you don't answer violence with violence, especially if your target is a pregnant woman. Whether she had been violent before, or whether this was commonplace in their house, is of no significance here. He was a in position to de-escalate the situation and he didn't. He chose to solve it with violence, even though it was largely his fault for playing the damn game so much.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I always hate coming to this thread for updates because there's always at least one "both sides" guy puffing his Sherlock Holmes pipe and going "hmm well actually I deduce that she deserved it"

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Jesus

Feel sorry for the kid

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I always hate coming to this thread for updates because there's always at least one "both sides" guy puffing his Sherlock Holmes pipe and going "hmm well actually I deduce that she deserved it"

I mean if the allegations above are true and she literally destroyed him before, then we can conclude they're both shitty people.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
What's actually black and white is that you don't answer violence with violence, especially if your target is a pregnant woman. Whether she had been violent before, or whether this was commonplace in their house, is of no significance here. He was a in position to de-escalate the situation and he didn't. He chose to solve it with violence, even though it was largely his fault for playing the damn game so much.

Correct. I didn't intent to defend him or his actions, sorry if it came across that way. I just had a different impression of their relationship and thought that she should take the kids and leave him with the kids. Reading that she attacked him in the past as well and has her share of issues, even that might not be the best solution. Poor kids.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
All I take from this at this point is that I'm thankful for my parents to raise me in a loving home with no violence and I will do everything to give my 2 daughters the same. There's some messed up shit out there.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
e
It's 2018. Apology deep sigh videos are monetised and just over 10 minutes long, and earn thousands more subs.
You're right though. It staggers me in this instance that people are using 'she threw something' as a counter to a life of abuse both physical and mental.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Accidentally masturbating on stream, or accidentally having sex on stream, isn't all that offensive compared to the others.

fleeting

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Victim blaming

I was under the impression he tried to deescalate the situation multiple times, begging to her stop, to leave him alone and tried to tell her he would be out soon. Yeah, he did wrong in responding with violence as it wasn't called for in this situation.

"it was largely his fault for playing the game so much" - nice victim blaming. She has a history of domestically abusing him. She's the initial aggressor. When he did wrong and responded with violence, after trying to de-escalate the situation multiple times, and when he returned to use words again (deescalating), she continued to try to escalate the situation by returning with more violence and yelling.

Now before anyone starts to froth at their mouths reading my post, again - no, I don't think you should use violence. The kid should probably live with somebody else.

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Uhh

I have seen number 1, 4 and 5

But when did 2 and 3 happen. Its not that I don't believe you or nothing, I just figured that would have caused more of a ruckas

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
How about the part where we're posting Daily Mail articles to sling shit on her and say she's just as bad as him?
What does that have to with deserving a beating? Neither of them should be victims of physical assault, I'm sure you agree. And more importantly, the kids are innocent and the biggest victims of the whole shit show. The parents aren't acting as parents should, the kids suffer. The kids need help first and foremost. And the parents should stay away from each other, it's clearly not going good for them.

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Jeez definitely get the kids out of there. This is insane.

Deleted member 18347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about the part where we're posting Daily Mail articles to sling shit on her and say she's just as bad as him?
Poster says "if" the allegations are true, which if you go through the article can be the case.

Dailymail is a shitty tabloid, yes. But if you go through the article they have substantial info and even family member statements. That's the best we've got on this case so far, as unfortunate as the source may be.

Where is the shit slinging you speak of in that post? Where does it say she's as bad as him?

Oct 27, 2017
Of course not (being victim of violence is rarely deserved), but the kids deserve better than the parents they got. Nobody (here) has said about the update that she deserved a beating.

That is simply not true. Slaythe replied claiming that "both are shitty people" and that she had "destroyed him" before. That is a not-so-tacit implication that she deserved what she got. If that wasn't the intention, then the user should have worded that better, especially considering what post they decided to quote and reply to.

I was under the impression he tried to deescalate the situation multiple times, begging to her stop, to leave him alone and tried to tell her he would be out soon. Yeah, he did wrong in responding with violence as it wasn't called for in this situation.

"it was largely his fault for playing the game so much" - nice victim blaming. She has a history of domestically abusing him. She's the initial aggressor. When he did wrong and responded with violence, after trying to de-escalate the situation multiple times, and when he returned to use words again (deescalating), she continued to try to escalate the situation by returning with more violence and yelling.

Now before anyone starts to froth at their mouths reading my post, again - no, I don't think you should use violence. The kid should probably live with somebody else.

I know you're banned, but I want to reply to your point anyway.

He didn't try to de-escalate shit. He never "begged" her to stop: shouting and screaming is not de-escalating anything. If he had truly wanted to defuse the situation, he should have stopped playing, calmly explained to her that he was in the middle of the match and quit the game as soon as possible. Instead, he shouted and, when she threw him a cardboard box, he got up and slapped/punched her. He was in no risk at any time to resort to such a degree of physical violence.

And now the aggressor is the victim? Yeah, dude, whatever. You're so eager to bring up her "history of violence", but completely "forget" about his. Why is that? Let this be very clear: whether she had hit him before is completely irrelevant here. Nobody has a punch card that gets you a free beating after 10 assaults you do. It doesn't work like that. Don't try to paint this dude as a poor saint who was defending himself.

Where is the shit slinging you speak of in that post? Where does it say she's as bad as him?

Dude, seriously? That's all Slaythe said:

I mean if the allegations above are true and she literally destroyed him before, then we can conclude they're both shitty people.

Deleted member 18347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude, seriously? That's all Slaythe said:
Saying she physically harmed him in the past =/= she's as bad as him, or that she deserved it.

For all we know this could be a reaction to his continuous abuse, or that they gradually got physically aggressive toward each other as their relationship went down the shitter and he retreated to playing/streaming games at an excessive rate. The latter scenario where they both appear to be unstable people seeming more likely based on the info we have.

That's the extent of what we can derive from what's available.

The way you're framing it makes it seem like a clear cut, black and white situation, when the contrary is more likely.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
There are so many wretched people, mostly men, blaming the woman for her actions.

The hell? The hottest of takes...

Edit: Just reading the last few pages of this thread and it seems like I could possibly be banned for voicing an opinion that goes against the mob and if so then so be it, I don't need this place if so be, but I fail to see how what has been reported here justify's what you've just said there.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hell? The hottest of takes...

Edit: Just reading the last few pages of this thread and it seems like I could possibly be banned for voicing an opinion that goes against the mob and if so then so be it, I don't need this place if so be, but I fail to see how what has been reported here justify's what you've just said there.
I feel like this also. That's why I won't voice my opinion. I'll be banned. There's a serious mob mentality around here.