• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I agree, but your wife sounds like an asshole.
Well, there are definitely cases where you should use force to restrain a women if she is going to e.g. harm people. That doesn't mean of course you can just hit her back as it's obvious that your punch packs more than hers. Equal rights doesn't mean all human beings are the same (as some other poster wants us to believe).

Anyways there seem to be some serious problems in your marriage if your wife just straight punched you in the face.
But you found it ok that she punched you? In my opinion, you just don't use violence in a relationship, period. Goes both ways.
Technically we were still just dating at that time. And my marriage is fine, thanks for the analysis though.

Yes I "found it ok" that she punched me. I've taken much worse, and I probably deserved it anyway lol. Our little dog freaked out and went after her when she hit me though, I was very happy to see him show his true colors.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, we say "fall pregnant" ("tomber enceinte") in European French as well, but I don't know about Canadian French. We fall in love, we fall ill, we fall pregnant—you suddenly find yourself in a whole new state.
It's exactly the same for French Canadian ("tomber enceinte"). Same goes for love, ill, pregnancy, etc.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I read through that GAF thread and some posts on Reddit, and internally I am actually pretty angry. Angry that so many young men are so fucking lost, irresponsible, hateful, bitter, resentful, disrespectful and just morally bankrupt. It is no wonder so many are single or can't hold a relationship. In all honesty, unless they can change, I hope they don't ever get in a relationship and just stay single, because they clearly don't have the mental capacity and morality to maintain a productive relationship.

To any of those irresponsible or pathetic manchildren reading, when your wife is pregnant and already with child, and she pleads with you to get off your fucking video game that you've already been on for hours, you get off your fucking video game. So fucking what if she threw some cardboard at him, she'd clearly had enough of his gaming addiction and related neglect of her, and perhaps more importantly, her kids (news report says there were two children in the house, one toddler and one baby). If it was my wife she'd have likely just turned the power off (we've been happily married for 7 years) and Lord knows how this piece of shit would have reacted if she'd done that.

Have some fucking respect, decency and responsibility. There's nothing wrong with her pressuring her husband to get off his lazy fucking ass and help her out with the kids or just eat the damn dinner that she prepared. And there's even less justification for this shitty low life to slap and beat her over it, especially in front of the child. Over a fucking round of Fortnite of all things, that he's probably played hundreds of rounds of already and that in the grand scheme of life means FUCK all. This deadbeat is a piece of shit and there is no both sides or equivance. Yes she threw some shit, but she was clearly at the end of her tethers. The silver lining is that she'll hopefully be free from him and this clearly disfunctional relationship going forward, and perhaps he might be able to get in some introspection and improvement during his punishment.
Quoting because it deserves it many times over.

If a game takes priority before your SO, wife, children, and even your damn dinner, it is time to take some deep soul searching.

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
What're the odds he doesn't get jail time, loses his job, sets up a patreon and does really well for himself being supported by alt right types? Sadly I can see it happening

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
He will definitely lose his job, and furthermore have problems finding another one. As for the rest - the kids will hopefully be moved to a stable situation, and are young enough now they may not remember. However, if she goes back to him as some are prone to do, that kind of behavior will have lasting effects. It's the words that will hurt way more than the physical punches and such. Dude should never be allowed to see his children again, and I hope the wife leaves that toxic situation.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I keep reading that if a woman provokes a physical extreme altercation, she is still immune to getting hit back. While I agree with this, 99% of the time, there are instances where it is justified. I will give one example, a personal one:

My mother was a drunk, did drugs (the hard shit), and sexually abused my brother and myself. She also brought other men over and cheated on my father in front of my brother and I. One of these friends sexually molested my brother in front of me, and we told her about it, and she stuck our hands in boiling water as punishment for "lying". Not to mention, prior to all of that, she baked our parakeets alive...thinking she was baking cookies (yes, she served the birds to us and expected us to eat them). She was constantly drunk, and drugged out of her mind.

There's a little bit of context for you. Now my dad wasn't winning any dad of the year of the awards. Never home (2 jobs, plus side jobs to stay away from home), but when he was home, he was like a mountain my brother and I hide behind. Well, one day, my mother hauled off and punched him (she did this often, and for no reason, kept calling him a pussy when she hit him), went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife and went at him. He disarmed her, she got a a few more shots in, and then he clocked her. I do not know if it was a punch or a slap, but that put an end to that altercation for sure (my brother and I were also taken away from our home for 7 years after that night).

I cannot speak how I would feel about it now, as I have made peace and parted ways with both of them, but in the moment, as an 8/9 year old, I know I was thinking she got what she deserved, and I was glad for what my dad did that night. An extreme case for sure, but as a kid, I believed my mother deserved what she got at that moment, as it was more of a "wake the fuck up" hit more than anything else (that's how I view it now). It lead to her cleaning her self up, which took 7 years.

However, what the guy did in the video was not an extreme case in my opinion, but rather a person who cannot control their anger. Also, what the asshats in the comments section are suggesting, is more like keeping a women in check with physicality (because har har equality). I feel that's totally different, and shit like that should never be encouraged.

No matter the parent, or parents, this deeply scars the children and how they will view people growing up. In this case, the children will view men differently, and there will be trust issues for sure. I know I had trust issues toward women for the longest time, before I met my wife (who had trust issues toward men...imagine the dialog we had lol). It sucks, because in the moment, I do not think most people think about how this psychologically fucks with their kids. This truly angers me the more I type about it.

But yeah, I'm sure there are other extreme examples out there. On the whole, I agree, quit resulting to physical violence, especially if there are children involved. That shit has such a profound impact on their life as a whole, and it hardly even results in something positive.

Sorry for the random post, which is all over the place and emo as fuck. I generally avoid these topics because they hit way too close to home. However, I had to share the story where my dad clocked my mother, and it was for the better. Again, I realize it's an example that's outside the norm.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I keep reading that if a woman provokes a physical extreme altercation, she is still immune to getting hit back. While I agree with this, 99% of the time, there are instances where it is justified. I will give one example, a personal one:

My mother was a drunk, did drugs (the hard shit), and sexually abused my brother and myself. She also brought other men over and cheated on my father in front of my brother and I. One of these friends sexually molested my brother in front of me, and we told her about it, and she stuck our hands in boiling water as punishment for "lying". Not to mention, prior to all of that, she baked our parakeets alive...thinking she was baking cookies (yes, she served the birds to us and expected us to eat them). She was constantly drunk, and drugged out of her mind.

There's a little bit of context for you. Now my dad wasn't winning any dad of the year of the awards. Never home (2 jobs, plus side jobs to stay away from home), but when he was home, he was like a mountain my brother and I hide behind. Well, one day, my mother hauled off and punched him (she did this often, and for no reason, kept calling him a pussy when she hit him), went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife and went at him. He disarmed her, she got a a few more shots in, and then he clocked her. I do not know if it was a punch or a slap, but that put an end to that altercation for sure (my brother and I were also taken away from our home for 7 years after that night).

I cannot speak how I would feel about it now, as I have made peace and parted ways with both of them, but in the moment, as an 8/9 year old, I know I was thinking she got what she deserved, and I was glad for what my dad did that night. An extreme case for sure, but as a kid, I believed my mother deserved what she got at that moment, as it was more of a "wake the fuck up" hit more than anything else (that's how I view it now). It lead to her cleaning her self up, which took 7 years.

However, what the guy did in the video was not an extreme case in my opinion, but rather a person who cannot control their anger. Also, what the asshats in the comments section are suggesting, is more like keeping a women in check with physicality (because har har equality). I feel that's totally different, and shit like that should never be encouraged.

No matter the parent, or parents, this deeply scars the children and how they will view people growing up. In this case, the children will view men differently, and there will be trust issues for sure. I know I had trust issues toward women for the longest time, before I met my wife (who had trust issues toward men...imagine the dialog we had lol). It sucks, because in the moment, I do not think most people think about how this psychologically fucks with their kids. This truly angers me the more I type about it.

But yeah, I'm sure there are other extreme examples out there. On the whole, I agree, quit resulting to physical violence, especially if there are children involved. That shit has such a profound impact on their life as a whole, and it hardly even results in something positive.

Sorry for the random post, which is all over the place and emo as fuck. I generally avoid these topics because they hit way too close to home. However, I had to share the story where my dad clocked my mother, and it was for the better. Again, I realize it's an example that's outside the norm.
Wow that is an incredibly harrowing story. I'm sorry you had to go through all that, I can't imagine how tough it must have been then and even now discussing it must require so much emotional strength on your part.

I was one of the people earlier in the thread saying "Never hit women period" but I think everyone would agree that in the case you have mentioned, your dad was 100 percent justified.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Damn... Sorry to hear about that, and thank you for sharing all of this. And yeah, in this very specific kind of examples, a single act of violence, even if it's against a woman, is at the very least understandable. Against your pregnant wife who simply threw you a piece of cardboard and wants you to leave your game for once though? Definitely not. Your situation and this fucker's are obviously completely different.

Glad you managed to get out of this and find someone to share your life with despite all the trauma.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
The "Why don't you listen?" is actually the most telling part of this if you ask me.
It shows that the guy isn't even considering her position, thinks he is right, she is wrong, and he is the victim of her "interruptions", which then in turn justifies his violent reaction towards her. Its typically something you see in very small children when there is something they're not allowed to do or something is taken away from them, before they've been properly socialized this often results in "hissy fits". But since he is an adult his "hissy fit" is a lot more violent than the one of a toddler.
I don't know if thats already sociopathy or just really, really bad upbringing, in any case, I don't think it can be fixed without therapy.

But looking at the reactions of people it also becomes clear that many share his perspective, trying to justify his reaction by pointing out that she bothered him and he told her to leave him be.
Loads of broken man babies out there.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
No surprise even his grandfather is a piece of shit

His grandfather John Munday said the incident was shocking but there was more to the story.

"They have their problems but something must have gone...she must have thrown something at him or done something and the whole thing's just exploded," he told reporters.

invid02

Self requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How can you let yourself get to a point where your significant other has 0 respect for you. Yeesh

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
As a guy who was beaten as a child by their father and watch his mom get beat constantly, lock his ass up and throw away the key. This shit causes so many long term problems to people. The guy is scum and deserves the worst he can get.

Geoffs friends:

Mod Edit: We do not provide a platform for Boogie or his content here.

Low key whataboutism. Dude beat his SO, regardless of the reason. He had other options besides slapping the shit out of her. If she throwing shit at you, leave the house or call police, no need to resort to beating her. Or you know, stop playing the fucking game and see why she's upset in the first place.

God damn what is wrong with people.

Last edited by a moderator:

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh. That Boogie quote (which I'm not going to quote because it should be removed; deplatform him please) is fucking disgusting and victim blaming to the max. So what she threw cardboard at him so he could be attentive to her and their kids in real life. She should've pulled the power after he continued to neglect his responsibilities.

Optimator

May 5, 2018
Alabama
User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing abusive behavior
I won't pile on with the judgment. Both of them need a time out and ton of counseling. He needs rehab. This is not how two adults engage with one another. Not okay at all. Terrible example for the child.

I've been there regarding these tense stalemates when what I'm working on needs just a matter of minutes, but my wife wants me to stop NOW. Oh there is sometimes shouting. These two, from the OP, are just on another level altogether. They should both be charged, but I'm sure it was an act of desperation on her part because he was not willing to listen. It was probably the nth time she'd asked him to stop that day, and it was always one more match I'm sure.

I hope they both get the help their family needs. It probably won't resolve well, but I can still hope it does. He needs serious rehab.

ManixMiner

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
The Un-united Kingdom
That dude is a straight up cunt! Unprovoked or not that is never acceptable. He threw a rage fit, took it out on his wife in front of his child who is obviously very young because he wanted 5 mins? Motherfucker you were already dead so why did it matter?

Anyway his streaming/Social media days are done and I hope he faces charges.

That guy is trash!

Optimator

May 5, 2018
Alabama
What their family needs is a restraining order a 20 year prison sentence for that psychopath.

That too.

I feel rage towards that guy, but there's also a strange empathy that I have for all people. I don't want worse things to happen to someone. Yes, a deserved penalty should be handed down, but I still hate it. Is that weird? I'd rather none of that had happened, of course. I wish there was a rewind to undo that event. I hate it for all of them.

Dragnipur

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I won't pile on with the judgment. Both of them need a time out and ton of counseling. He needs rehab. This is not how two adults engage with one another. Not okay at all. Terrible example for the child.

I've been there regarding these tense stalemates when what I'm working on needs just a matter of minutes, but my wife wants me to stop NOW. Oh there is sometimes shouting. These two, from the OP, are just on another level altogether. They should both be charged, but I'm sure it was an act of desperation on her part because he was not willing to listen. It was probably the nth time she'd asked him to stop that day, and it was always one more match I'm sure.

I hope they both get the help their family needs. It probably won't resolve well, but I can still hope it does. He needs serious rehab.
Why was this guy banned?

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.

This post really didn't require a 1 week ban.

Jaibamon

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Victim blaming. History of severe infractions. Account in junior phase.
The complete video shows that he is being harassed as she throws stuff to him. She keeps pushing him and trying to force him to stop playing, and it seems she messes up with the hardware.

There is no excuse, no justification for domestic violence, no matter if is physical or emotional, no matter if you are a man or a woman. Violence only causes more violence, and it's not defensible in any way or form.

The worse is that kids are the most susceptible to replicate these behaviors in a subconscious manner. No matter how good or bad the parents are, kids look at them as an example and a role models to follow. Behaviors like this helps kids, who aren't 100% capable of rationalize about what is bad or good, to embrace such behaviors as the norm, and helps to create a culture of violence where men's feelings doesn't matter, or it's acceptable to hit women, in order to get what you want.

Oct 25, 2017
People trying to defend what this asshole did even a little bit just piss me off. Who gives a flying fuck if she threw cardboard at him, doesn't give him the slightest right to hit his pregnant wife in front of his kids. Fuck this dude and fuck whoever tries to downplay this shit.

Sep 14, 2018
Oh not done both sidesing I see, it's just not possible for some men to avoid wanting the blame the ungrateful temptress for causing the whole situation with her nagging and cardboard launching.

Even fully aware she's a victim, it's juuuust a little too hard not putting some blame on her. Now why would that be...

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Geoffs friends:

Mod Edit: We do not provide a platform for Boogie or his content here.
Not sure how I feel about this mod edit tbh. I generally have 0 interest in Boogie but I feel like I'm being actively censored right now. It's weird. Don't think I like it one bit. Shouldn't this stuff be up to the community?

Then again it's not my forum so I don't make the rules.

wig split

Nov 1, 2017
Not sure how I feel about this mod edit tbh. I generally have 0 interest in Boogie but I feel like I'm being actively censored right now. It's weird. Don't think I like it one bit. Shouldn't this stuff be up to the community?

You will toe the line or face the consequen-

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you wanna see Boogie1488's trash tweets, you can go to his twitter.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
In the full video she throws some things at him, but the only thing you see is an empty, folded up cardboard box, to which he gets up and slaps her as per the video in the OP.

Doesn't seem like a healthy relationship at all, but SMFH at the people going "well she threw things at him, so they're both in the wrong here".

https://livestreamfails.com/post/35877
Toxic relationship.

The impression I get there is a mother desperate for help with their young child, and I'd guess streaming is more important to him than that responsibility.

Raising a child is one of the most difficult things anyone will face in life, and when the balance is wrong because of one parent who doesn't pull their weight, relationships can quickly turn toxic under the pressure and strain.

Add in there the fact that this guy clearly has no self control, anger management issues, and you have a recipe for disaster. The poor child in the middle of this :(

Edit: TWO children :(

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the biggest thing about self-defense (unless you're in a state with Stand Your Ground laws, so then... 99% of the time usually...) is that it has to be reasonable.

Someone touching your game peripherals and then you go ham on someone? That's not reasonable.

Someone throws cardboard at you then you decide to put hands on someone? That's not reasonable.

The ideal is separating defense from pure retaliation out of anger, which is exactly what this streamer did. Regardless of what she did or what she said, the only reason he reacted is out of anger and frustration, not out of any sense of protecting himself, his property, his kids, etc, etc.

And that's even before getting to how he put hands on his pregnant wife in front of two of his kids. Nah, fuck this dude all day every day

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
As a dad with two adult daughters this really gets me. If that young woman was my daughter, and those were my grandchildren, I'd want a piece of this poor excuse for a man.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017

it's part of an effort to de-platform shit heels like Boogie.