• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Just kinda flowed out without any real thought huh. Makes you wonder how many of these streamers say it all the time off camera and have to make a conscious effort to not.

No one should use the word, but as someone who lives in the deep south, it's weirdly common for people (of all races) to use the term when talking to friends or in a casual setting. Not trying to get into semantics, because it's all wrong, but there's definitely a distinction between use of the word, down here at least. Not defending him, but that didn't sound like a "racist" use of the word. Still, Twitch should enforce their policies, and anyone using the word should get reprimanded.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
No one should use the word, but as someone who lives in the deep south, it's weirdly common for people (of all races) to use the term when talking to friends or in a casual setting. Not trying to get into semantics, because it's all wrong, but there's definitely a distinction between use of the word, down here at least. Not defending him, but that didn't sound like a "racist" use of the word. Still, Twitch should enforce their policies, and anyone using the word should get reprimanded.
You live in the deep south? That should not be the standard of acceptance.

And any use of the word by default is a racist use of the word.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Uh oh.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
You live in the deep south? That should not be the standard of acceptance.

And any use of the word by default is a racist use of the word.

I'm not saying it's right, but depending on when and how you're using it, many don't consider it racist (mostly amongst groups of friends). It was something I heard all the time in school, again, amongst many races. (Also, I'm just speaking from what I observed growing up and living in the area)

Also deep south as in Miami-ish area, to clarify.

Oct 27, 2017
Unlike the last two threads we had about someone saying it, this guy actually said it. Let's see what, if anything, Twitch does about it. Also fuck off, SayNoToRage. Piece of shit.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tfue is terrible. Outside of his playing ability in Fortnite (there are plenty of streamers who are just as good and aren't assholes), I have no idea how anyone actually enjoys watching him. He's got the personality of a rock and has a history of saying slurs like this.

Oct 30, 2017
Ah I wasn't aware Tfue had a history of saying stuff like this.

I generally enjoy watching him play Fortnite from time to time.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"no one should say it" is just a way to white wash context, history, and be dismissive of not only the history of racism, but the effects of it that still happens today. It's why bigots love to say it because if they can't say it they want to make it a"tie". Feel how you want, but it doesn't change the why it is different for a non black person to say it,

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Twitchs hypocrisy is awful. I dont see how they can take themselves seriously.

The powerful and rich (in this case one of Twitch's biggest streamers) will always play by different rules to the average pleb. Just like how Dr Disrespect got let off lightly. If you or I did that we'd be gone for good. I'm not even going to just blame Twitch for this, I think Microsoft would probably have similar issues if Ninja or a future big streamer broke their rules.

They aren't going to permanently harm their own platform by kicking off the person who brings so much money to them, even if they deserve it.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just kinda flowed out without any real thought huh. Makes you wonder how many of these streamers say it all the time off camera and have to make a conscious effort to not.

I was watching Asmongold a while back (didn't know who he was or how toxic he was at the time) and he said "I don't even say the n-word in real life in case it accidentally comes out while i'm streaming." As if that was the only reason why he chooses not to use that word in his day to day vocab. I'm really done with streamers and youtubers. 90% of them are fucked up and kids idolise them. It really seems like the worst of them are also the most popular. I can't support it anymore.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
"no one should say it" is just a way to white wash context, history, and be dismissive of not only the history of racism, but the effects of it that still happens today. It's why bigots love to say it because if they can't say it they want to make it a"tie". Feel how you want, but it doesn't change the why it is different for a non black person to say it,

I don't disagree. I'm simply just telling you that I have heard it being said amongst friends - not mine just as a bystander - lots of times growing up, and I don't think any of those people viewed it in a racist light, given the context.

My point being, tfue probably uses the word a lot. (The person I was replying to mentioned how easy the word came for him)

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you have enough subscribers, Twitch will look the other way or issue you a brief vacation. We've seen this with Dr. Disrespect, it's not going to change. It's super fucked up.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

Lol what? I live here too and absolutely not. Anyone who uses it that isn't black is racist.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
What's worse is that it's mainly teenagers and younger kids watching these fortnite/minecraft streamers and youtubers.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree. I'm simply just telling you that I have heard it being said amongst friends - not mine just as a bystander - lots of times growing up, and I don't think any of those people viewed it in a racist light, given the context.

My point being, tfue probably uses the word a lot. (The person I was replying to mentioned how easy the word came for him)
If that was your point it was overshadowed by your tangent of "Everyone should say it or no one should say it".

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Always amazes me how far people are willing to go to risk losing an easy income like this. Hopefully he realizes this if he gets permanently banned, same with other toxic streamers.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I was watching Asmongold a while back (didn't know who he was or how toxic he was at the time) and he said "I don't even say the n-word in real life in case it accidentally comes out while i'm streaming." As if that was the only reason why he chooses not to use that word in his day to day vocab. I'm really done with streamers and youtubers. 90% of them are fucked up and kids idolise them. It really seems like the worst of them are also the most popular. I can't support it anymore.

just looked this dude up and fucking what, 50k+ watch this ghoul play an mmo for hours on end?

society really is on some other shit.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, the same dude who called another player a "coon" and tried to make out it was because of the skin the player was wearing. Remember making that thread.

Why haven't Twitch banned him this time?

Because the second Twitch bans him, he'll just go to Mixer or one of the other lesser streaming sites and make them money. Personally, it's time they make an example of one of these guys, but unfortunately, them making an example won't stop someone else from snatching him up and Twitch would rather be the recipient of his success rather than the prideful corporation who permabanned him for someone else to just pick up.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just looked this dude up and fucking what, 50k+ watch this ghoul play an mmo for hours on end?

society really is on some other shit.

He's funny and says a lot of things about the game people agree with.

People still watch Maury Steve and Jerry Springer, trashy people are entertainment for the masses.

Vivi

Nov 10, 2017
Man I don't understand these popular streamers. Hey "I'm rich and famous making millions a year. Awww but it's so hard because I accidentally end up saying racist, sexist or homophobic stuff on stream but no worries they don't punish me because I'm a rich heterosexual white male." Do you know that Twitch has banned black streamers for saying nigga? But don't care about them because they aren't famous. Seriously get me to stream you won't let me slip on shit because guess what most of us don't have "coon" in our vocabulary what kinda upbringing do you even have to say that in 2019?!

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Man I don't understand these popular streamers.

You pretty much nailed it.

"I'm rich and famous making millions a year. Awww but it's so hard because I accidentally end up saying racist, sexist or homophobic stuff on stream but no worries they don't punish me because I'm a rich heterosexual white male."

Twitch has shown that if you make them money, they won't do anything to you. Which is BS.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
By keeping him around and not enforcing their own rules, Twitch throws all of their other streamers, including the few good ones left, under the bus. Because now all of them are associated with a company that gives rich white racists a pass.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Well they can't ban their Golden Goose, can they? Twitch And their double standards are just funny at this point. Best of all it's not even the first time he's been caught up in something like this either, last time, before he was mega big he got a 1 month ban.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
At what point did I say "everyone should say it" lol. I said I've heard many people saying it.

What...
You talking about about how every race and creed said it when you were growing up. That is uaully lowkey slid in with the "No one should say it" package"

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
"This isn't the first time that Tenney has gotten in trouble for using a racial slur while streaming."

Did he get in trouble? Seems like Twitch is doing their best to.make sure he doesn't.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I suspect Twitch will bend the rules for him. He makes them too much money

Suspect?? More like expect. As long as you make Twitch enough money, you can do whatever the fuck you want as long as it doesn't get them into legal hot water. And they dont bend the rules for streamers like him. Twitch straight up doesn't apply them to the streamers that bring in big money for them.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Always amazes me how far people are willing to go to risk losing an easy income like this. Hopefully he realizes this if he gets permanently banned, same with other toxic streamers.

By that point in someone's life with this many flare-ups, it means that racial hatred is important to them.

And frankly, if Twitch lets this fly, I can't see it as anything but condoning exactly that. If they don't ban his account, it means they're comfortable knowingly megaphoning racist dribble for money.

Oct 25, 2017
Twitch and YouTube operate in this bizzaror world where they can play their users like puppets and capriciously affect their licelihood on a whim, but are simultaneously unwilling to actually patrol their platform because they're scared of popular users leaving (to go... nowhere else that exists.)