• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
I saw his dancing vinyl toys at Target just now.

ninja-toys-from-wicked-cool-1%20(3).jpg

Him also having a "mystery box" item is incredible.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Adidas makes a lot of casual wear. I'm wearing Adidas sneakers right now at work.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In recent years Adidas was very smart with their marketing and tying in specific celebrities. It put Adidas, that was struggling to keep up with Nike, to the forefront again. Nike is still the bigger company, but Adidas has imo become the more trendy brand. You see their iconic logo and three stripes everywhere.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Esports athletes be that. Athletes!

So you're saying the people who practice for hours and hours and hours for weeks on end, having little time to do anything else, pushing themselves both mentally and physically to their limits is 'lesser' than other athletes? I'm not talking about streamers like Ninja here, but more so professional teams like OG, or Liquid in Dota 2. Not to mention doing something like playing 7 40+ minute long matches in the span of a single day under immense pressure.

This isn't easy and the vast majority of people cannot pull it off.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you're saying the people who practice for hours and hours and hours for weeks on end, having little time to do anything else, pushing themselves both mentally and physically to their limits is 'lesser' than other athletes?

Where the fuck did I say that, mate? Please quote it in the reply and underline the words, because I don't think you know what I said.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guys is going to be super rich. Watch when he gets older and wiser and start investing and stuff.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Where the fuck did I say that, mate? Please quote it in the reply and underline the words, because I don't think you know what I said.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your initial post came off as dismissing epsorts athletes as, well, athletes.

If that wasn't the case, then I apologize. I just see that sentiment way too often, especially on forums like these.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say: Ninja has got a helluva hustle. He knows he needs to make the most of his brand. He is really putting his name out there. What a successful young man. I can't even hate.

Go get that money, boy!
Yep, cant hate. The guy is out there showing people how its done.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I've very much enjoyed watching portions of Era grow into the "old man yelling at clouds" archetype. Have some self awareness people, lmao.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your initial post came off as dismissing epsorts athletes as, well, athletes.

If that wasn't the case, then I apologize. I just see that sentiment way too often, especially on forums like these.

Nah, they athletes. I don't subscribe to these traditional definitions.

Let's make this very clear, if you spend up to 14 hours a day playing, vod reviewing, working out, having a sports psychologist work with your mental, etc to compete, you're an athlete.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I just dislike how he markets his deals. Hey I've got a new announcement. Eh. You just made money. None of this changes his actual product: his streaming. That Content hasn't been changed in like 1 year. None of the money he's making is going into changing what his content is, it's basically just him making partnerships.

If I were his fans, I'd stop caring about these announcements. I'd stop buying all his merchandise because he just keeps makin new merchandise. And if I were his sponsors, I'd feel unimportant, he's partnered now with like 15 companies. About 13 of them get no benefit because of how big adidas and MS are. Idk,

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Adidas vintage clothing is good tier and they know it.

Cant wait for these Ninja Superstars.

/s

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I'm chill but very sad.

I would highly advise not letting the career-pursuit of an individual affect your emotions as such. It's going to be constant, and likely will only affect you more later on as careers continue to bleed outside of what you would personally consider the norm.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dude's got enough money to fund the next 8 generations of Fortnite Ninjas. Just retire and have a family already.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is sooo fucking lucky too, damn, all because of... Fortnite. And PUBG if you think about that.

Not lucky. There's a thousands upon thousands of people streaming Fortnite/PUBG/whatever-the-fuck daily. There's only one Ninja.

His career, like all successful careers, has required an immense amount of time and work on his part. Anyone who says otherwise has precisely zero idea what they're talking about (and, in my opinion, are harboring some harmful insecurities).

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Good for him, hope whatever he collabs on looks cool. Have no qualms buying good looking Adidas attire.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
People freaking out about a sports brand associating witha streamer as if nike and the like don't release friggen spongebob sneakers.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja and his kind are more known to the youth than any other form of celebrity. The money will keep coming.