• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fresh off of a well-publicized split from Twitch, streamer Tyler "Ninja" Blevins today announced a partnership with Adidas. There aren't any shoes or apparel for sale right now, but on his Mixer stream, Blevins said, "I can't say specifically what is in the works with Adidas, but use your imagination."

Apparel companies signing deals with gaming stars is a relatively new phenomenon. Nike signed a deal earlier this year to make jerseys for the League of Legends Pro League in China, which are expected to debut at the 2019 League of Legends World Championship in Paris in October. Champion and K-Swiss have also signed apparel deals with individual teams and players.

Sauce: The Verge

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I mean, of course they did.

What a time to be alive. We've come so far from Fatal1ty. Or maybe fallen is a better word.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ready for my gamer sneakers boosting my Fortnite skills.

Congrats to him.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda hope all the shoes he might come out with are trash, cause I don't want to be tempted to buy them if they're fire.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
There's something rather ironic about an athetlic brand tying themselves to an individual whose profession involves lots of being sedentary, no?

Agreed. I totally get endorsement and partnership deals for PC gear, headsets, accessories, smartphones, other tech -- but not apparel. It's so transparent and flimsy.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say: Ninja has got a helluva hustle. He knows he needs to make the most of his brand. He is really putting his name out there. What a successful young man. I can't even hate.

Go get that money, boy!

Edit: I still say the smartest thing he ever did was trademark his name. Fucking hell, what a play!

Last edited:

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
There's something rather ironic about an athetlic brand tying themselves to an individual whose profession involves lots of being sedentary, no?
Adidas, and All aheltic companies, sponsor tons of non-athletes. They are a lifestyle and fashion brand as well. People don't buy Yeezys because Kanye is a great runner and don't pickup Pharrell's Hu branded stuff because he's great on the tennis court.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I have absolutely 0 interest in buying "Esports Athlete" branded merch.

Still, gotta hand it to Ninja, he's done a phenomenal job at establishing his brand and making himself into a house-hold name. Shine on you Crazy Diamond.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no physical exercise involved.
Yeah that's bullshit. M+KB can be hell on the wrist and hands. Controllers aren't as bad but there's still exertion involved. Let's not even talk about the mental fortitude needed to compete at the high levels of pretty much any game.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I like Adidas and I couldn't care less about this deal but you have to give it to Ninja, he's making pretty big moves and a lot of money.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I mean, of course they did.

What a time to be alive. We've come so far from Fatal1ty. Or maybe fallen is a better word.
Honestly, the way YouTube and Twitch have became major cottage industries feels utterly surreal for a dude that grew up watching like, Retsupurae, back when it was, as Slowbeef put it, a "pseudo-hobby" that was considered to be a major grey legal area.

How's Ninja viewcounts after Mixer, anyway?

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna cop a pair on release to rock another to flip for Fornite skins

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Gamers, can you hear me?! If you wanna be like ninja, get some motherfucking adidas and RISE. THE. FUCK. UP. Because only losers fall, but gamers RISE.

RISE WITH ADIDAS, TODAY!*

*Adidas if you need some more ideas for commercials, I'm pretty good at this as you can see.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Great for him, him and his wife have been doing some great business decisions. Very impressive. Not into the merch tho haha.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
For some reason I thought he already had a deal like this but regardless it's really cool to see him hit it so big.

Jan 10, 2018
He's becoming more of a trademark than a person at this point. The big corporations are like sharks on a whale carcass, with the difference that he's still very much alive.

Can't blame him for letting himself being used like this though. The money is probably crazy good.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of minds will be blown in this thread once they start seeing who sponsors other video gamers/video game teams.

Last I checked BMW, Marvel, Audi, Jack and Jones and a whole bunch others.

This is the norm. Not the outlier.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Athletic clothing has roots in purely physical sports, but it's pretty asinine to assume that's their only market now. Joggers and yoga pants have been mainstays for casual fashion for over a decade now.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the weird thing here is that these shoes will never be visible to anyone watching Ninja lol. Unless he makes public appearances I guess.
It's not about watching Ninja wear the shoes (it's not just shoes anyway), but going out and having people see YOU rocking it. Especially if you're say..a middle school kid.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Good on on him I say. Adidas are a great brand and he's probably one of the most well known competitive video game players of all time.

It's a shame that there always seems to be such negativity towards him in gaming communities. Persona aside he's a damn good Fortnite player and he has incredible awareness and reflexes.